INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting conversation between Chapala Police Chief and NG Cartel Chief

+8
Ricardo
Trailrunner
espíritu del lago
Smartalex
papa chango
Lady Otter Latté
hockables
CanuckBob
12 posters

Go down

Interesting conversation between Chapala Police Chief and NG Cartel Chief Empty Interesting conversation between Chapala Police Chief and NG Cartel Chief

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:36 am

Check this out from Borderland Beat:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2016/09/the-mencho-orders-jalisco-police.html#more

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Interesting conversation between Chapala Police Chief and NG Cartel Chief Empty Re: Interesting conversation between Chapala Police Chief and NG Cartel Chief

Post by hockables Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:50 am

Well, that was just rude... Good thing he apologized about his language... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Interesting conversation between Chapala Police Chief and NG Cartel Chief Empty Re: Interesting conversation between Chapala Police Chief and NG Cartel Chief

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:11 am

"I am sorry about my language. I should have been more polite when threatening to kill you and your family."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:08 pm

I thought that Lakeside was not a hotspot for cartels.  Although I know of at least 2 persons in the drug business from Ajijic that have been murdered in the last few years.

Maybe this area is not as safe as we once thought. The local police are under pressure from the New Generation cartel.
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Has anyone said who recorded this conversation and who then released (leaked) it?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 pm

It was released by the news magazine Proceso. They only say that they have the recording and have verified that is Mencho talking to the police chief of Chapala.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:34 pm

papa chango wrote:I thought that Lakeside was not a hotspot for cartels.  Although I know of at least 2 persons in the drug business from Ajijic that have been murdered in the last few years.

Maybe this area is not as safe as we once thought.  The local police are under pressure from the New Generation cartel.

This area has always been controlled by one cartel or another. The "May Massacre" from 2012 was all about one cartel taking over from another. The area is plenty safe unless you are involved in drugs.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Dann! Doesn't surprise me..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:26 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
papa chango wrote:I thought that Lakeside was not a hotspot for cartels.  Although I know of at least 2 persons in the drug business from Ajijic that have been murdered in the last few years.

Maybe this area is not as safe as we once thought.  The local police are under pressure from the New Generation cartel.

This area has always been controlled by one cartel or another. The "May Massacre" from 2012 was all about one cartel taking over from another. The area is plenty safe unless you are involved in drugs.

Exactly.
I suppose there may be some posturing since Chapo is indisposed and other cartels would like to move it in on his routes. Apparently, unless I misunderstood, his son was kidnapped and released to send a message to dad that things are not as secure as he may have thought. Something like, we can grab your kid and we can grab your routes too.
Glad the Comandante took the humble approach!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:43 pm

The recording is very hard for me to understand, just one long outburst of obscenities, but a native speaker on the Borderland Beat has posted his own translation and has the place reference where the caller is complaining about the police presence as "Chacala". Chacala, Jalisco is a community just north of Puerto Vallarta, according to Wikipedia. I have listened several times and simply can't make out which he is saying, maybe someone on this forum can.

In a related news report it was stated that Mencho was calling from Puereto Vallarta, so Chacala is more likely. Also, it sounds like he is talking to some commander of a state agency as he tells him that he knows he was over there in Chacala/Chapala. The cop says his people are "over there right now, but I will draw them back". This would make no sense if he was talking to the municipal police chief, whose force would always be in his jurisdiction.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:52 pm

This transcription from the Mexican digital magazine Sinembargo also has it as Chacala. This must be right, considering how much better known Chapala is.

http://www.sinembargo.mx/09-09-2016/3090285

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:18 pm

There is no cartel. They are all simply criminal gangs.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:43 pm

[quote="Ricardo"]The recording is very hard for me to understand, just one long outburst of obscenities, but a native speaker on the Borderland Beat has posted his own translation and has the place reference where the caller is complaining about the police presence as "Chacala". Chacala, Jalisco is a community just north of Puerto Vallarta, according to Wikipedia. I have listened several times and simply can't make out which he is saying, maybe someone on this forum can.

In a related news report it was stated that Mencho was calling from Puereto Vallarta, so Chacala is more likely. Also, it sounds like he is talking to some commander of a state agency as he tells him that he knows he was over there in Chacala/Chapala. The cop says his people are "over there right now, but I will draw them back". This would make no sense if he was talking to the municipal police chief, whose force would always be in his jurisdiction.[/quote

Chacala is in Nayarit not Jalisco.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:46 pm

I posted the same thing but then deleted it. There is a Chacala in Jalisco as well. Not the beach town. It's tiny, and a loooong way from Vallarta. Who knows.

http://mexico.pueblosamerica.com/i/chacala-3/
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Ricardo was referring to the Chacala that is "just north of PV". That one is in Nayarit as is just about everything north of PV.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

The Chacala in Jalisco is a small town farther down the coast, bordering the state of Colima. I don't know what place they are talking about, it could well be Chapala, but the news stories are saying that this recording was made five months ago and that the police officer was fired (those that are not still reporting that the recording has not been validated).

Supposedly he was a supervisor in the elite uniformed state police agency known as Fuerza Única. This body was formed from municipal police officers that had undergone background checks and received advanced training, and has only been in operation about a year.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chacala

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:04 pm

I didn't see where a state was mentioned.
Also the recording is old?, before the El Chapo son kidnapping.

Bob, are you going back to Chacala, this winter?  Shocked

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:35 pm

There are all sorts of contradictory reports but Proceso is a respected news outlet. Here the state Attorney General confirms that the reference is to Chapala and that he has been aware of the recording since late March. He says the Fuerza Única officer in question turned the recording in, and that he is under investigation but not in custody, but goes on to say that it has not been validated that the voice is actually Mencho's by the National Security Agency. He says the officer on the recording is not the one who should be using the call number D1, and apparently is not a high level supervisor.

The story goes on to say that the Televisa Network this morning did say that the NSA did confirm the authenticity of the recording. It is all a confusing situation, but the one thing that is made very clear is that the person on the tape is a state rather than municipal officer.

http://www.proceso.com.mx/454390/fiscalia-jalisco-investiga-a-policia-amenazado-mencho

Last edited by Ricardo on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:59 pm

slainte39 wrote:Bob, are you going back to Chacala, this winter?  Shocked

Yeah, I hear they are looking for a new Police Chief so I may apply. I have no problem with relaxation....... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:06 pm

lol
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:56 am

"Asegura que Chapala es un municipio seguro y que la alerta para los ciudadanos americanos de tener cuidado al visitar la Ribera de Chapala no incluye a su municipio sino a los aledaños. "

http://www.notisistema.com/noticias/alcalde-destaca-que-la-seguridad-en-chapala-fue-recuperada/

Chapala is safe but we aren't safe outside of our municipio?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:01 am

http://www.notisistema.com/noticias/presunto-audio-de-el-mencho-no-esta-autentificado-almaguer/

"El Fiscal del Estado negó además que en algún momento los elementos de la Fuerza Única hubieran acatado la orden de “relajar” los operativos en la zona de Chapala, ya que en el momento en que se conoció del audio, no existía operativo en esa zona."
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:03 am

From TOB

007tennis

16 posts
Posted 55 minutes ago ·
Can confirm it IS CHAPALA-there was a shoot-out tonight witnessed by my wife IN CHAPALA-and a close friend has confirmed 40 dead in Leon(former familia de Michoacana are the targets) over the past few months......Nuveo Generacion Cartel(GUAD) responsible-scary times-trust me....I've lived here 10+ years and seen it all... have 30 mex cousins, unfortunatey some of them are involved in Narco activity...
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Thanks Bob! Erg!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:22 pm

New information....

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/two-police-officers-executed-in-jalisco/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=police-executed-jalisco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down