INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm confused. Why is a rabid poster......

3 posters

Go down

I'm confused.  Why is a rabid poster...... Empty I'm confused. Why is a rabid poster......

Post by Vandre Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:34 pm

shown on their statistics page as having just posted 5 hours ago, not shown as a "members online now or within the last 8 hours".  It doesn't make sense.  Actually, it doesn't really matter to me, I'm just intrigued as to whether there is a way to stealthily monitor the board without advertising "I don't have anything to do, so I'm here, waiting to jump in (& in, & in & in) at a moment's notice".  I ask this since I'm always "signed in"  because I don't ever sign out and I realize that it looks like I never sleep, eat ..... or go to church (but, hey, it's just easier than everyday ID/Password?).  I just cruise thru  whenever, & if something should strike me, I respond.  Anyway, I've gotten off point here, but if anyone can explain this annomaly, I'd appreciate it..  Sorry, obviously I'm on edge.  This is the eve of a potentially "WTF"  and then, "WTH",  can we do to make it right ?

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I'm confused.  Why is a rabid poster...... Empty Re: I'm confused. Why is a rabid poster......

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:22 am

Because a member can choose to have their ID "hidden" when on-line. That is an option under your personal settings. Only the moderators and myself can see that the hidden members are on-line or have been on-line.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

I'm confused.  Why is a rabid poster...... Empty Re: I'm confused. Why is a rabid poster......

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:26 am

Vandre wrote:shown on their statistics page as having just posted 5 hours ago, not shown as a "members online now or within the last 8 hours".  It doesn't make sense.  Actually, it doesn't really matter to me, I'm just intrigued as to whether there is a way to stealthily monitor the board without advertising "I don't have anything to do, so I'm here, waiting to jump in (& in, & in & in) at a moment's notice".  I ask this since I'm always "signed in"  because I don't ever sign out and I realize that it looks like I never sleep, eat ..... or go to church (but, hey, it's just easier than everyday ID/Password?).  I just cruise thru  whenever, & if something should strike me, I respond.  Anyway, I've gotten off point here, but if anyone can explain this annomaly, I'd appreciate it..  Sorry, obviously I'm on edge.  This is the eve of a potentially "WTF"  and then, "WTH",  can we do to make it right ?

Funny post, Vandre!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down