INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jalisco Transperancy Law

+11
oncesubtle
Clete
borderreiver
WillieRae
CanuckBob
suegarn
mielicita
brigitte
Carry Bean
Twonk
Trailrunner
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jalisco Transperancy Law - Page 2 Empty Re: Jalisco Transperancy Law

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:22 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Jack Anderson was a columinst with the San Diego Union.

He was also syndicated.
Correction.....just looked it up.  He wrote his series of articles about the CAL and WACL and their connection to the Tecos in 1984. He was pinpointing the/his investigation into Raimundo Guerrero and their base out of GDL as they had been meddling in and supporting Fascist movements all over Latin America, especially in the debacle in Guatemala in 1954.
They were never a real threat in Mexico but they were there, and to some extent, still are.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:31 am

The local government thwarts transparency and forces you to file appeals, I have filed no less than 5, it is a game to them.  Lots of violations of the law and they seem to want to hide everything instead of making it easy to request documents.  1/3 of them belong in jail and another 1/3 should work elsewhere as they are arrogant and break the law and lie and now only have less than 2 years before they need to find a new job.  Try to print the nomina or disclosure on how much each worker is paid and it prints in microprint (illegible), illegal and an attempt to not comply and to hide information. This is only one example of their shenanigans.

Jalisco Transperancy Law - Page 2 Img_1510
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Twonk Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 am

Spencer can you please provide a link to that page so I can have a better look at it? Thanks

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:52 am

http://www.chapala.gob.mx/web/component/docman/cat_view/5-transparencia/317-nomina-gobierno-municipal/427-nomina-quincenal-2016?Itemid=630
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:32 am

Absurdly corrupt and incompetent. This is why some of us cringe when some of you talk about wanting to buy them tires or motos or computers or bikes or cell phones or WHATEVER! Before any of you give this gob a single peso, call Spencer and ask him what he thinks! Heads up, Harry.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Exactly right but you're going to get shouted down if you say that when they're asking you to chip in.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:42 pm

I downloaded some of the pages and found if I increased the size I was able to read them just fine. Most of the cops and bomberos make around 3570 pesos a month. I certainly wouldn't put my life on the line for that kind of money. No wonder they want mordida; of course, I don't pay it but I understand their perceived need. But the municipio should pay them more.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:38 pm

"They don't own the UdeG, which is a government owned public school system. They own the UAG the Autonomous University of Guadalajara."

Question: Which of the two delivers the better education?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:37 pm

U de G is the far better one

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Interesting, thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Yes, the U de G is the better of the 2 schools. They were bitter ideological rivals for quite some time but the fervor has declined quite a bit since the older generation of the Leaños have died and the PRI has less influence over the U de G.

The Autonoma had its beginnings during the fascist Sinarquista movement in the years after the revolution. They had close ties with Franco's Falange in Spain. Also, one of its leaders was Carlos Cuesta Gallardo, who was a strong follower of the Nazis in Germany and anti-semetic. He spent WWII in Berlin where he attended Nazi party school and was the author of several anti-Semite books published under a pseudonym.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:49 pm

Why would students pay to go to the Autonoma when they can get a better education at UdeG for free? Or almost free.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clete Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:01 pm

The students don't pay. Their parents do. It has a following amongst like minded people. And these people don't want their kids contaminated by the "chusma" that attend public schools.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Twonk Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:35 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Why would students pay to go to the Autonoma when they can get a better education at UdeG for free? Or almost free.

There is such huge competition for UdG that only 38% of applicants are accepted. You have to have VERY high marks to get in. The private universities will accept you with lower marks, as long as you can pay the monthly fees.

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:27 am

Twonk wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Why would students pay to go to the Autonoma when they can get a better education at UdeG for free? Or almost free.

There is such huge competition for UdG that only 38% of applicants are accepted.  You have to have VERY high marks to get in.  The private universities will accept you with lower marks, as long as you  can pay the monthly fees.

I think there is a limit on the becas at U de G, but one can still be accepted by paying the full colegiatura.  Otherwise you are correct.  Also, I believe attending one of the U de G prepas is a plus, for acceptance.
I have two graduates from the U de G, two from Iteso, and one now attending UVM, all good universities depending on your carrera.  I don't know much about UAG, except that it is expensive.....and I've heard that between the two medical schools, that U de G is much more respected.
Monterrey Tech is the most expensive private university in GDL, but very highly respected.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 am

brigitte wrote:Don´t they own Hotel Real de Chapala and the Danza del Sol as well?

Alumni of UAG get a discount at both hotels, or at least they used to.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:35 am

Whether they are bad or not it doesn't stop the garbage truck from needing new tires or whatever. Not going to shout anybody down about it but needs go on.... Do you think money would magically occur if we stopped giving?? We didn't give money to the city when we put tires on one of the small garbage trucks. We gave directly to the truck. I always saw where my money went when I donated. I get the point about the rip offs but why would not giving anymore help the situation??

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:47 am

Clete wrote:The students don't pay. Their parents do. It has a following amongst like minded people. And these people don't want their kids contaminated by the "chusma" that attend public schools.

Yes, of course. Thanks for weighing in guys, it all makes sense now and I've always wondered about this but the people I have asked weren't clear about it all except to say UAG was mafia owned etc.
What is UVM?

I work with doctors and while some of them are very very smart and well educated - some of them haven't a clue and I've always wondered how, or if, they ever finished med school. I will pay more attention to where they went to school now.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Twonk Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:37 am

Trailrunner wrote:
Clete wrote:The students don't pay. Their parents do. It has a following amongst like minded people. And these people don't want their kids contaminated by the "chusma" that attend public schools.

Yes, of course. Thanks for weighing in guys, it all makes sense now and I've always wondered about this but the people I have asked weren't clear about it all except to say UAG was mafia owned etc.
What is UVM?

I work with doctors and while some of them are very very smart and well educated - some of them haven't a clue and I've always wondered how, or if, they ever finished med school. I will pay more attention to where they went to school now.

Since numbers never lie, you have to consider that 50% of Doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class. Those are the ones we all hope to avoid.

Twonk
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:40 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Whether they are bad or not it doesn't stop the garbage truck from needing new tires or whatever.  Not going to shout anybody down about it but needs go on....  Do you think money would magically occur if we stopped giving??  We didn't give money to the city when we put tires on one of the small garbage trucks. We gave directly to the truck. I always saw where my money went when I donated.  I get the point about the rip offs but why would not giving anymore help the situation??  

Z

Because why else would the government get tires for the truck when the ex-pats will kick in for them? It's more money in their pockets. I doubt they take up collections from residents in Mexico City for tires. No wonder so many want these government titles.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:55 am

We do not give tires to the garbage trucks in San Cristobal and we still get garbage service..WHy anyone would give to the public sector is way beyond me..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:56 am

They could cut back the service to everyone to twice a week like they do in many other cities, not allow for garbage to be put out in between the pick up and the streets would be cleaner and they would have less usage on the tires..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:08 am

In SAT we have garbage service 6 times a week. I think twice a week is sufficient as most of my neighbors don't put out garbage daily anyway.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:19 am

In my mother town in France they pick up garbage once a week and if you put out more then one can they charge you to pick it up so people put out less garbage, recycle and if they have more, they pay to take it to the dump and pay a fee at the dump on top of it and their taxes are high.
People will figure it out if their garbage doe not get picked up every day..Hevy fine should be given for leaving garbage bags on the street.
This town is one of the dirtiest I have seen with mountains of garbage left on the corner of the streets because the truck does not show up or is late...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:41 am

brigitte wrote:This town is one of the dirtiest I have seen with mountains of garbage left on the corner of the streets because the truck does not show up or is late...

Very true, and has nothing to do with tires.

The SAT Delegado is my neighbor and I like him alot! He has aggressively taken on the garbage problem with no apologies and we are seeing 99% compliance. It's wonderful, official signs are posted and we are not allowed to put garbage out until the truck is coming! There is no longer a huge pile of garbage across from my house that gets strewn from curb to curb by the dogs that are let out at night. I used to wake up to half devoured pampers in front of my garage, no mas! Besides the garbage, he also made it his personal quest to make the streets more handicap accessible and started out his tenure with freshly created and painted ramps.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 am

Trailrunner wrote:

What is UVM?

You have to be careful about the term mafia (catch all word) as we are talking about two distinct power groups in Mexico. The fascist movement and it's adherents are different from the drug cartels in leadership and activity.  Both are an abomination and the PRI is not far behind, but we survive.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next