INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casa Domenech

4 posters

Go down

Casa Domenech Empty Casa Domenech

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:09 am

Had a great time the other night there, lots of jam music, fun people, and my dinner was tasty.

However. I wasn't going to say anything but I see on TOB that it happened to another person too. Because I have food restrictions, I had a conversation with the owner regarding the ingredients in his cilantro sauce. When he couldn't tell me what kind of cream he used in the sauce, I told him to just leave the sauce off and cook the shrimp in garlic. The dish was supposed to be shrimp with cilantro sauce, beans and rice, fried plantains, and zucchini slices. I got: rice - no beans, garlic shrimp - what I asked for, 2 round slices of fried plantain -why bother, and three razor thin long slices of zucchini. I asked for the beans and got them.

When the bill came, I was overcharged 20 pesos and another person at the table's tab was incorrect too. I called him over and showed him he had overcharged me. He said it was because my meal was special order. I said I ordered the shrimp without the sauce, how do you justify serving me less and charging me more??? He said I was right and I changed the tab.

Sheeeeesh. Watch this guy. Might work with the snowbirds but don't try it on the homies.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Casa Domenech Empty Re: Casa Domenech

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:43 am

Where is this place?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 am

CanuckBob wrote:Where is this place?

This place is in West Ajijic on Zaragoza on the mountain side just before one reaches the Danza Del Sol Hotel coming from the Ajijic Plaza and it is an outstanding Argentine bistro with an eclectic menú.  The food is remarkably good.  The owner is an affable and entertaining  fellow  and any reference to improper service is unwarranted in my experience.  I have only eaten there once and then for take-out as I live nearby but the food I shortly ate upon arrival at home was delicious.     Hell, I think I'll take the short drive over there for lunch even though I,as well as the OP, being an old goober, am on a restricted diet just as is he.  This place is a  fine addition to the Ajijic culinary  scene and well worth a visit. I wouldn´t even note a $20Peso overcharge which is, to me, at least, insignificant and a modest sum for a special order but then, to each his/her own.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:28 am

I'm planning to try the place, based on all the positive reviews.

However, any overcharging, no matter how small, is bad policy since it leaves a negative impression. In the case of Trailrunner, that's a classic: getting charged more for less.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:42 am

Yeah, he couldn't argue with that very well. lol

I had a good time there, the food - what there was of it - was very tasty and the jam was fun.

All I'm saying is check your bill. He doesn't seem to have any reservations about just putting down what he wants on the bill. Overcharged the poster on TOB 40 pesos.

Provecho!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:20 am

Trailrunner wrote:Yeah, he couldn't argue with that very well. lol

I had a good time there, the food - what there was of it - was very tasty and the jam was fun.

All I'm saying is check your bill. He doesn't seem to have any reservations about just putting down what he wants on the bill. Overcharged the poster on TOB 40 pesos.

Provecho!

By the way, trailrunner and others among you; the owner of this Argentine bistro is not, at present, servinfg the famed Argentinian beefsteak because he has found Mexican beef - even from Sonora - to be inadequate for preparation of this fabulous treat and I agree with that assessment unequvocally. He told me, upon my inquiry, that he plans to hold Argentine beef feasts in the future with imported beef and if that comes to pass, Bubba will be there.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Yeah, he couldn't argue with that very well. lol

Provecho!
The question is, which is worse; overcharging or serving canned peas or peaches?  How about both? .
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down