INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow media regarding Chapala fighting last night.

+4
simpsca
espíritu del lago
Intercasa
Chapalagringa
8 posters

Go down

Slow media regarding Chapala fighting last night. Empty Slow media regarding Chapala fighting last night.

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 am

I'd like some news about the shootout last night before midnight in Chapala. Where would that news be found online? Media is so slow! It sounded like a true warzone for less than 30 min. Semi-automatic weapons, hand guns etc. Same area as last months activity but on a much larger scale. Witness said they were fighting on the street where the Monday tianguis and bullring are at. I'm so glad they aren't after any of us! Fighting was heard in Chula Vista to Chapala Haciendas if you were awake. We heard maybe on ambulance that went by so it couldn't have been that big, although it sounded like it.

With no news it's as if it never happened...I guess there's nothing for anyone to be concerned about...life as usual in paradise.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Slow media regarding Chapala fighting last night. Empty Re: Slow media regarding Chapala fighting last night.

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 am

Our maid just arrived and heard about it through GDL:

http://www.televisagdl.tv

She said it's the same gangs fighting for this area. There wasn't much said this a.m. on the station but more may come after 3 p.m. this afternoon, but I still can't find a thing about it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Slow media regarding Chapala fighting last night. Empty Re: Slow media regarding Chapala fighting last night.

Post by Intercasa Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:34 am

http://jalisco.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/633de8c1947cceedb0fd7933231639a1
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Oh I see. Nothing happened last night. Well, que sera sera until the pan america games are over. For those who heard it we will pretend nothing happened?

Were you home last night?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Gangs and drug wars are not happening, only in the US.... well and on the borders... Rolling Eyes
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:27 pm

An article from the Mileneo newspaper has been a headling on Lakesidecrime.com all day - since this morning.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Here is another report on this incident.

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2011/305126/6/tiroteo-en-chapala-hombre-mutilado-en-jocotepec.htm

Wasn't there a lot of action in Chapala and surrounding burbs about this same time last year?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Anyone want to take a stab at posting the "gist" of it in English ..por favor?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 pm

I believe the gist of it was two drug factions were fighting over a kidnap victim (from Jocotopec) who was stashed in a house in Chapala. The firefight went on uninterrupted for about 20 minutes. They were using a multitude of high powered weapons and grenades. Several unexploded grenades were found at the scene. Nobody was killed during this battle. The Chapala police apparently couldn't (or wouldn't) respond. The state cops finally arrived, everyone took off, one guy was arrested and the kidnap victim was rescued. There was a second kidnap victim found dismembered in Jocotopec.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 pm

!!!!! Argh! Not what I particularly wanted to hear. I was crossing my fingers that that kind of happy horse pucky was kind of going away. They must feel pretty confident to blast away for that length of time right in town.

Were the kidnap victims involved with the druggies or just very unfortunate targets? Anyone know them? Were they all from the same family?

Unhappily sitting here in my broken rose colored glasses.

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Here it is in translated English: "Shooting in Chapala
Man mulitated in Jocotepec

July 7 - (google translate) A violent night Tuesday morning and Wednesday
morning morning, in two municipalities in the region of Jalisco Cienega, as in
Chapala was a shootout and the discovery of a Jocotepec completely maimed man, both cases are related.

It was almost midnight Tuesday night, when there was a fierce clash in Chapala, between two groups of organized crime. This occurred outside of the property marked with the number 50, Juventino Rosas Street, corner of Pípila in colonialPlaza de Toros in the municipality of Chapala, where houses and vehicles were multiple gunshot wounds and shrapnel grenades , inside the house , was also repulsed the assault.

According to neighbors of the site in the area were cut off telephone wires at the time of the shooting, and trying to call the police, however, had no line, even called the Municipal Police of Chapala and never went to the site.

After 20 minutes of scrimmage, one of two groups of suspected gunmen fled the site on three trucks. Outside of the housing Chapala, Jalisco staff of Forensic Science Institute raised a little over five hundred shell casings of the caliber .9 mm, .45, 5.7, for so-called "cop killer", .223 for rifles AR-15 and 7.62 for "goat horn", and four grenades that failed to explode, but one was inside the house , a truck and an ATV, both vehicles had reported as stolen.

Later, state officials who attended the site managed to rescue alive Genaro
Navarro Cuevas, 37 years old, who was gagged, shackled hands and feet tied to a closet inside the house , said he had been deprived Jocotepec of their liberty, with Loza Sigifredo Barragan, 42, who hours later, ie in the early hours of yesterday, appeared maimed feet, hands and head in the gap that leads to the ranch known as " The head, "located in the town of El Molino in the municipality of Jocotepec, and was reported to the authorities by local residents, who made the discovery."
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:14 pm

They cut the phone lines. But I've been handed a card and given the cell phone number to call the police directly on duty. Then again, it's common to have a cell phone with no credit or no working cell.

Someone who lives near the clash said it was organized in 4 locations to confuse the police as to where to respond first. I don't know if that's true.

It definately appeared to be a turf fight to me. No one was killed in shooting with all that amo!!

We could see & hear them firing from the hills above Chapala. We only heard one or two police sirens. When they ambushed across the lake dozens of police came flying through Chapala.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:08 am

Someone I know who knows the restaurant owner posted this on one of my chat groups:

The person who was dismembered and killed and found in El Molina is a son of
Tartamudo, who has the birria restaurant on the plaza in Joco.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:37 pm

There must be some activity on-going in the competing drug cartels. Yesterday and today there was a Jocotopec police truck pulling over Mexican men. Left one car and followed one behind me and pulled him over for no apparent reason. This is around the San Juan Cosala Spa and today they are using the parking area outside the Raquet Club to pull "Mexican men" over.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:14 pm

A waste of the policeman's time! As one member of this forum has previously stated: "there are no drug gangs or drug cartels in the Lakeside area!"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Yuri, I have some "oceanfront" property in Guanajuato to sell you if you're interested. It's really cheap.......Jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Stuff happens and life goes on.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:18 am

Bob:

Can you supply a Google Map of your property?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 am

This is the link to the Guadalajara Reporter article about this:

http://guadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/29220-kidnap-victim-escapes-after-chapala-rocked-by-rampant-gunfire.html
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:06 am

simpsca wrote:Someone I know who knows the restaurant owner posted this on one of my chat groups:

The person who was dismembered and killed and found in El Molina is a son of
Tartamudo, who has the birria restaurant on the plaza in Joco.

Simsca ~ Please, do you know which birrieria on the plaza? The one by the Church, or the one on the North side of the plaza? Thanks, Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am

I tired to understand my cleaning lady who told me which one. My friend in Jocotopec did not give me the exact place. According to my cleaning lady (who said on Sat. she was very sad about this death) it's the one on the east side of the plaza toward the mountains - that would probably be the last one on that side where the restaurants are under the portico.

But she was wrong about the payment of the ransom. She told me the family paid millions of pesos and the Reporter says no ransom was paid. And she told me that the family "who paid the ransom" lives in Jocotopec has a small grocery store in San Juan Cosala. When I asked which store, she thought about it for awhile then said the one across from Viva Mexico restaurant. I'm not sure all her information is accurate since she gets most of it by word of mouth any the stories were probably going around pretty fast.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:18 am

I heard they paid not a ransom but so they wouldn't attack the home with grenades.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down