INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas.

+8
Ezzie
MexicoPete
Clueless
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
Trailrunner
windrider17
CanuckBob
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas.

Post by MexicoPete Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:35 pm

What I remember was that he and his dad buried the body in the country somewhere not near his home in another state and that when the investigators took Art out to find where they buried her body he could not remember where it was. I never heard that they burnt the body.

But what I read and or heard might be wrong

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas.

Post by windrider17 Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:01 am

Both versions were full of holes and that is why Art's plea agreement was rejected by the judge after he testified.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:50 am

There was a crime docu show on TV that chronicled the whole event.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:21 am

I believe that it would be possible to make a deal with an attorney for a reduced fee for "foreclosing" on a house/lot that is past due when there is a provision that the attorney fees will be paid from the proceeds of the sale.

I still do not see any downside to amending the By Laws, making sure the amount of interest is not usurious in Mexico. And if the past-due party is a signed-up member of the fracc, then basic principals of contract law in Mx. apply.

Also, once legal papers are filed and served, the debtor will have to get and pay for an attorney. Then, one of the first questions the client/debtor will/should ask the attorney is if he/she can win against the fracc, and how much it will cost.

In most places, threats of a lawsuit mean little to nothing, but when the authority served a filed lawsuit, that gets action.

As for me being on the BOD, first, I'm not big on being a team player; second, I wouldn't want to be a member of any board that would have me as a member, and last, I love constructive input, it helps me learn, but I always want to make my own decisions.

I would be glad to help with a draft amendment to the By Laws, but only if I believed it was going to be put to the members for a vote. I don't like to waste time.

As always, IMO & FWIW.

P.S. I may save Sliante 39 and Lady O. some time and tell them, I don't open their posts.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:28 am

It would seem that getting involved in a property that has private community services and is controlled by an HOA may not have been a good choice for you then. Maybe time to get out of Dodge??

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:49 am

We never found the body and I am convinced that is the only reason Perry is still alive. Won't go into details here, but maybe sometime over a cervesa. There is a lot that never made it into documentaries or public purview.

HOA fees: There is a lawyer in Brisas that forced the payment of back HOA fees from the origional developer on undeveloped and unsold lots.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Would you like an interest free loan? They have them in Chapala Haciendas. - Page 2 Empty collecting fees

Post by chuckp Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:17 am

This is from the current edition of Chapala Haciendas newsletter:

The Chapala Haciendas' board has put seven property owners on notice that their water supply will be severely restricted unless they pay their monthly fees, including arrears.
Of the 240 home owners in CH, there are 30 such morosos ("defaulters" in English) who are behind on their fees, or some who have never paid fees.
The total amount owing is $735,000 pesos.
"If everyone pays those fees, we wouldn't have any financial problems," said Fracc president Lou Lupo.
It's hoped that by starting with just seven of the worst offenders, the others will also be convinced to pay their fees or face similar action.
Those who pay now will not be held liable for the cost of implementing the water restrictions or legal fees.
People have a constitutional right to water in Mexico, although not necessarily for free. Thus it may be illegal to totally shut off the water.
A faucet has been installed outside the Fracc office as an emergency water supply.

chuckp

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 am

CanuckBob wrote:It would seem that getting involved in a property that has private community services and is controlled by an HOA may not have been a good choice for you then. Maybe time to get out of Dodge??

Bob;

Maybe what I have been saying hasn't come across clearly. I have no personal problem w/how the fracc is run per se, I have always felt the "Suggestion Box" is helpful in any business, and as you know, a frecc is a business..

I am on a Privada so the fracc doesn't give anything for the "road" coming to my place, which alone with three other houses. My house is behind the main street. Same for street lighting.

Several years ago, whenever it rained,there was a of mud on our "street." I didn't go to the BOD, rather I paid for several truck loads of gravel to be brought in and for my worker to spread it onto 75% of the road. Today, there is no mud when it rains.

I put in my own street light and hooked it to my own house electric.

I never asked any of my "neighbors" to contribute one peso for the costs (and of course, none offered).

My direction in what I have been saying has been an attempt to HELP THE FRACC, not harm it.

The colonos fees mean nothing to me. However, what I don't appreciate is paying for other people's services, especially when the fracc could do something more about it. Reducing water is squat, and letters, IMO, to people who clearly don't intend to pay, are worth their weight in used toilet paper;

I feel Chapala Haciendas is 1001% better than Vista del Lago where I lived. Nicer people, etc.

I have no problem with Dodge, just waned to make my position/feelings clear and try to help the BOD.

I don't ask for accolades either, personally, I prefer to be, more-or-less, left alone.

OK?

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Clueless wrote:

P.S. I may save Sliante 39 and Lady O. some time and tell them, I don't open their posts.

I find Slainte39 and LadyOtterLatte to both be informed and entertaining posters and enjoy reading their posts.
I doubt that they give a rip if you read them but I certainly hope they continue posting.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:33 pm

If you want to just help the fracc and otherwise be left alone then:

A) Send your suggestions directly to them;

B) Don't post your suggestions on a public forum where you may get feedback that is objectionable.

Just saying......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:44 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If you want to just help the fracc and otherwise be left alone then:

A) Send your suggestions directly to them;

B) Don't post your suggestions on a public forum where you may get feedback that is objectionable.

Just saying......

There is an old saying: "He who thinks makes others think."

I posted online because I'm pretty sure there are other fraccs with the same problem that could find my suggestions of value. Giving it to the BOD doesn't give others the thought. And what I posted does now have the ear of the BOD.

Just trying to help.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:47 pm

lunateak wrote:
Clueless wrote:

I find Slainte39 and LadyOtterLatte to both be informed and entertaining posters and enjoy reading their posts.
I doubt that they give a rip if you read them but I certainly hope they continue posting.

I block their posts since it seems they enjoy taking personal shots at me, and I see no reason to read them and be tempted to respond, which is what they want. I have read posts by them and I agree, some are very helpful and sometimes entertaining.

Besides that, jabbing at me online, well it's really Dead Horse
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:26 pm

lunateak wrote:
Clueless wrote:

Thank you, Luna. I find it sweet and a little disturbing that Clueless thinks my posts are about/to him. He actually believes that if I knew he was not reading them I'd stop posting? I can assure him (I mean if he were reading this which we know he is not) that I write for my own amusement and the few people who share my twisted sense of humor. As you Luna so eloquently put it, I don't give a rip if Clueless reads my posts or not. In fact, I like being able to talk behind his back right in front of his face, so to speak.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:23 pm

I will keep posting but will ignore Lady O to give half assed support to clueless.

Trying to have it both ways....(gulp! gulp!)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:12 pm

After reading "Clueless'" posts over the years on this and other forums, I concluded long ago that giving him a hard time isn't really fair, since his only failing is often being "clueless". Not always, though. Sometimes he gets it exactly right, and we are all clueless sometimes.
He seems to be a little over enthusiastic where potential lawsuits dwell. Probably a long term habit.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:22 pm

He sure makes me smile a lot, whether he intends to or not.
I would never ignore a diversion that is so totally unique.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:28 pm

slainte39 wrote:He sure makes me smile a lot, whether he intends to or not.
I would never ignore a diversion that is so totally unique.

Yup. I used to enjoy his "Spock" persona. Suspect

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:25 pm

The fact is that"diplomacy, communication and compromise" are my default positions. I resort of legal action only when there is no other viable option other than to give up, which I don't do easily.

On a much World scale, the situation of North Korea is a perfect example. Diplomacy hasn't worked, nor have sanctions. And when it continues on its possibly fatal course, the U.N. , U.S. and other countries, condemn the actions of North Korea "in the strongest terms." Words only go so far, history has shown that sometimes decisive actions must be taken. That's what happened with the failed League of Nations. It talked and became a debating society, and how did that turn out.

To repeat, I was only offering suggestions since less affirmative actions have not produced any real results, IMO.

Anyway, I have probably beaten the point to death, so I'll just leave my suggestions sit for consideration.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2