INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newby question: public transit from Guadalajara Tlaquepaque Bus Station to Ajijic

+3
bimini6
oncesubtle
siobhan
7 posters

Go down

newby question: public transit from Guadalajara Tlaquepaque Bus Station to Ajijic Empty newby question: public transit from Guadalajara Tlaquepaque Bus Station to Ajijic

Post by siobhan Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum. Although I've visited many places in Mexico, this will be my first trip to the Lake Chapala Area. Thank you in advance for your help. Looking forward to our trip!

We have tickets for the Primero Plus bus from PV to Guadalajara, arriving at the Bus Station in Tlaquepaque, arriving around noon.

Would appreciate advice on how we take public transit from above bus station to Ajijic.

Thanks again!

siobhan

Back to top Go down

newby question: public transit from Guadalajara Tlaquepaque Bus Station to Ajijic Empty Re: newby question: public transit from Guadalajara Tlaquepaque Bus Station to Ajijic

Post by oncesubtle Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Take an Uber for a pleasant, affordable trip.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

newby question: public transit from Guadalajara Tlaquepaque Bus Station to Ajijic Empty Re: newby question: public transit from Guadalajara Tlaquepaque Bus Station to Ajijic

Post by bimini6 Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 pm

If you want a bus you would have to take one to Chapala and it will let you off at the bus station in Chapala. That is how I did it one time a few years back.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:19 am

Siobhan...eh?

Failte cailin.......slan abhaile

If you are arriving at the terminal in Tonala, I don't think they have a direct bus to Chapala and it gets complicated to get to the old terminal or Alamo to catch the Chapala bus.
Uber or taxi to the old terminal downtown, more or less, and ask for the Chapala bus line. Once in Chapala, walk about 3 blocks south on the main street (Madero) and catch a local bus to Ajijic
Do you speak Spanish? that would be a big help, but if not, ask around, someone will speak English.  Not so much, Gaeilge.... lol!

Go n-eiri leat

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 am

Save yourself a lot of time and aggravation. Take UBER from the Tonalá bus station to your location Lakeside. It will only cost you about $80 pesos, about $4.00 US or $6.00 CDN more than doing the complicated method.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am

I also recommend an UBER (or a taxi) especially if you have luggage. A taxi from the Tlaquepaque bus station to Ajijic is about $600 pesos. An UBER is about $250 pesos. Of course you need to have the UBER app on your phone to order one.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Yes, I don't think you can get a UBER driver for 80 pesos from either bus station (Tonala/Tlaquepaque or Los Angeles, El Centro) to Ajijic.  Even from the airport, it is around 200 pesos.
My last UBER experience from airport was 235 pesos, and that included 50 extra pesos for being after midnight.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:35 pm

A couple of weeks ago I took a regular taxi from that bus station to Ajijic.... $500 pesos.

I agree that trying to take a bus from the Tonala station to Ajijic is a transportation nightmare..... taxi/Uber from that station to the 'old' downtown Guadalajara bus station; then a bus from there to the Chapala bus station; then either a bus or taxi from the Chapala bus station to one's Ajijic destination.

There is another way from the Tonala bus station to catch the Chapala bus 'on the side of the road' but one REALLY doesn't want to try that connection IMO!
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down