INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING EXOTIC PETS TO MEXICO

4 posters

Go down

BRINGING EXOTIC PETS TO MEXICO Empty BRINGING EXOTIC PETS TO MEXICO

Post by Jim W Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:07 pm

BRINGING EXOTIC PETS TO MEXICO 851398 Last year I made a post offering assistance bringing endangered species to Mexico......6 years ago, I imported my Moluccan Cockatoo to Mexico.....with U S Customs and Mexico approval. I helped 5 people do a proper importation. I now regret this, as the U S Government will not let her back into U S as she is on the endangered species list.....my pet of 14 years, life expectancy 60. She was hatched in U S, really sucks BRINGING EXOTIC PETS TO MEXICO 18717 ....Illegals born in U S get free pass(another topic). My point is, don't bring your endangered species to Mexico....unless you are committed to ending your days here, unfortunately, we didn't consider moving back NOB. mariachi There is an upside to this post.....I was offered over 55,000 pesos for her, and knowing that Cockatoos are very demanding....I couldn't sell her into a possible bad situation, My wife contacted Guadalajara Zoo...... mariachi We donated her to the zoo, Have a lifetime pass, to visit, to hold her, play or whatever.....the GDL Zoo Management have been very gracious, and appreciative of our donation.......just info for anyone in a similar situation....for us a Happy Everafter. Beer

The Avatar is My pet....I am not that good looking LOL

Last edited by Jim W on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Icant spel)
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BRINGING EXOTIC PETS TO MEXICO Empty Re: BRINGING EXOTIC PETS TO MEXICO

Post by kipissippi Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Beautiful.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 am

I believe you made the best choice available to you and I’ll be looking forward to seeing your friend. If you don’t mine what his/her name, I would like to introduce myself.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:27 am

Parker wrote:I believe you made the best choice available to you and I’ll be looking forward to seeing your friend. If you don’t mine what his/her name, I would like to introduce myself.

mariachi Her name is C2.....We visited last week...eventually she will be part of the Aviary show, as she loves to show off. I was really impressed during our visit, cages are clean, best of vet care.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:06 pm

We're going to visit your bird in a week and a 1/2. You want me to take her anything? :)

Sounds like she's having the time of her life!!!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:We're going to visit your bird in a week and a 1/2. You want me to take her anything? :)

Sounds like she's having the time of her life!!!
mariachi

You are a great addition to this board. as you are probably aware, visitors can't handle birds. We can handle birds by appointment The Aviary show is great...unfortuately C-2, my bird has just gotten out of quarantine and will not be seen for a couple months. She is her cage, with the other trained exotics in their cages, above the auditorium. We visited last week and had fun..there is a pig, and duck....looks like Aflac..walking around....toooo funny, they were born/hatched at the same time....and they are too funny....waundering around in the exotics area.

I was offered 55,000 pesos for her .......couldn't sell her....she looks great in a perfect place. Funny story, Her name is Clinton....changed to C 2....everyone asked why Clinton....I said because she makes alot of noise, and says nothing? LOL Beer

Would you like to go to the Zoo with us as we have access to many places public can't see? The GDL Zoo has been very gracias and advised we only need to call for tickets....if they aren't available for visit assistance. We normally visit on Monday or Tuesday....when zoo is closed...now opened 7 days per week.

Please PM if interested. mariachi

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:49 pm

BTW.....It is a 3 hour round trip driving.....unless traffic is bad.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Thank you for the very generous offer Jim!!! We're a group of 5 with a toddler and I'd jump at the chance but I'm not sure what everyone else is going to want to do after the zoo. Maybe you could recommend the safari or train? That's what I've been debating.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I am sure you are nice people.....sorry it won' t work out ...thought you might enjoy this...however....I leave in tears....missing my friend, and pet...14 years......Jim w
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58 pm

I still can't believe you're leaving. I'm so sorry about having to part ways with your sweet friend. You sure left her in a wonderful place that will bring her much joy!

When our guests arrive, maybe we could hook up with you at the zoo if you're already going to be there and visit her but I have to wait. Will send a pm when it gets closer.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down