INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pets being held for ransom in Mexico City?

+7
Hensley
johninajijic
Big Daddy Mexico
merry
viajero
E-raq
Chico
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pets being held for ransom in Mexico City? Empty Pets being held for ransom in Mexico City?

Post by Chico Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Went to the dog park today in SAT and met a Mexican man, who is a dog trainer and comes there regularly to continue training for his beautiful Springer Spaniel, who is a therapy dog. Anyway, he told me that in Mexico City, folks walking their pets were now being held up at gunpoint, told to give up their pets and then later asked for ransom or their pets would be killed, therefore, he has stopped walking his dog on our local malecons. I asked him if this had happened here and he said "not yet".

Never heard of such a thing. Has anyone else? chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pets being held for ransom in Mexico City? Empty Re: Pets being held for ransom in Mexico City?

Post by E-raq Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Chico wrote:Went to the dog park today in SAT and met a Mexican man, who is a dog trainer and comes there regularly to continue training for his beautiful Springer Spaniel, who is a therapy dog. Anyway, he told me that in Mexico City, folks walking their pets were now being held up at gunpoint, told to give up their pets and then later asked for ransom or their pets would be killed, therefore, he has stopped walking his dog on our local malecons. I asked him if this had happened here and he said "not yet".

Yes, it happens here too, however not at gunpoint. What happens here is the pet runs out into the street and is captured by bad guys, then the owner gets a phone call or a letter threatening to kill the pet if they don't get the ransom.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pets being held for ransom in Mexico City? Empty Re: Pets being held for ransom in Mexico City?

Post by viajero Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:15 pm

There's actually a hot line setup for this in GDL,just dial 01/800/Rescata/Mascotas.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Chico wrote:... in Mexico City, folks walking their pets were now being held up at gunpoint, told to give up their pets and then later asked for ransom or their pets would be killed... Never heard of such a thing. Has anyone else? chico

Well, I found a news story from a few years ago where a Mexico City kennel was robbed at gunpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk-OiR_uCQk

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:58 pm

We heard about this a few years ago. The problem is, in Mexico, there is no law for kidnapping pets. The police do not get involved. We know of a lady that this happened to in Mexico City. She paid the ransom and then her dog came back dead. She reported this to the police before she paid the ransom and after her dog came home dead and they would not get involved.

Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Wow. Thanks you guys. I had no idea. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:We heard about this a few years ago. The problem is, in Mexico, there is no law for kidnapping pets. The police do not get involved. We know of a lady that this happened to in Mexico City. She paid the ransom and then her dog came back dead. She reported this to the police before she paid the ransom and after her dog came home dead and they would not get involved.

I know how much people love their pets, but they have to determine how much the pet is worth to them and be realistic. They can alwys get another. Plenty of loveable pets around for adoption.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:23 pm

delete

Last edited by Chico on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 pm; edited 4 times in total

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:24 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Big Daddy Mexico wrote:...We know of a lady that this happened to in Mexico City. She paid the ransom and then her dog came back dead. She reported this to the police before she paid the ransom and after her dog came home dead and they would not get involved.

I know how much people love their pets, but they have to determine how much the pet is worth to them and be realistic. They can alwys get another. Plenty of loveable pets around for adoption.

Yep, sure, yeah, same if you lose your kid. Plenty of loveable kids around for adoption, can always get another. Or a mate! Even relatives can be replaced. Why cry over spilt milk. Wow, John.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm

merry - I was talking about pets. I said nothing about kids or relatives. You tried to put words in my mouth. You have a real problem if you equate pets to kids or relatives.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Big Daddy Mexico wrote:

John you are one cold,calculating cheap son of a bitch!!
But you're also pretty hilarious.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:We heard about this a few years ago. The problem is, in Mexico, there is no law for kidnapping pets. The police do not get involved. We know of a lady that this happened to in Mexico City. She paid the ransom and then her dog came back dead. She reported this to the police before she paid the ransom and after her dog came home dead and they would not get involved.

You're kidding right???

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:29 pm

viajero wrote:

You're kidding right???

This was not a joke. This was the truth.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:48 am

Chico wrote:Went to the dog park today in SAT and met a Mexican man, who is a dog trainer and comes there regularly to continue training for his beautiful Springer Spaniel, who is a therapy dog. Anyway, he told me that in Mexico City, folks walking their pets were now being held up at gunpoint, told to give up their pets and then later asked for ransom or their pets would be killed, therefore, he has stopped walking his dog on our local malecons. I asked him if this had happened here and he said "not yet".

That was Sergio and his dog Lucas, great pair and always together. He would not make this story up.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:12 am

All right...let's just say I want the equivalent of ten thousand dollars for fluffy, realistically do you have that much cash laying around? There is no guarantee it will be alive. What would you do ? Get a loan or borrow from a rich relative? Are you going to tell them it's for beloved fluffy ?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:16 am

What has been happening also is when the pet goes missing, lost posters are put up in the area with contact info. The bad guys phone the number on the poster and say that they have the pet and want a ransom to return it. The ransom is paid and then the pet is not returned.

Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:39 am

espíritu del lago wrote:All right...let's just say I want the equivalent of ten thousand dollars for fluffy, realistically do you have that much cash laying around? There is no guarantee it will be alive. What would you do ? Get a loan or borrow from a rich relative? Are you going to tell them it's for beloved fluffy ?

I would find some other bad guys and pay them half that to hunt these guys down and pull a "Man on Fire" on their sorry asses.........and maybe rescue fluffy while they are at it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

Interesting approach, CBOB, but it didn't really answer the question about Fluffy's owner's approach. Let's assume it's a lady who doesn't have access to "bad guys", etc.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 am

This is for the guy who doesn't read but maybe he'll watch the pictures.

:grin:

dognapping in Mexico city
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:40 am

Maybe when Mexican law enforcement gets a handle on the very serious problem of human beings getting kidnapped and chopped into little pieces they can devote more resources to the petnapping problem.
Get your priorites straight,you idiots.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Ya, think.. I love all my animals but I draw the line at paying ransom.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:13 pm

viajero wrote:Maybe when Mexican law enforcement gets a handle on the very serious problem of human beings getting kidnapped and chopped into little pieces they can devote more resources to the petnapping problem.
Get your priorites straight,you idiots.

Did you look at the pictures or was that too challenging too?

razberry
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Hensley wrote:

That was Sergio and his dog Lucas, great pair and always together. He would not make this story up.

Please know that I had not even considered that Sergio was not telling me the truth. Just trying to learn more about this, as I have never heard it before. Sorry that you misunderstood my intent and thought I was questioning Sergio's veracity. In no way was that my intent. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:39 pm

I have seen the pictures. Why insult anyone who thinks that the matter of chopped up people should be of greater importance to the police?

As a malecon walker, I see dogs off leash every day. Way off leash and out of sight of their owners. That might be a good first step to think about if anyone wants to avoid being a victim of dognapping.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:15 pm

gringal wrote:Interesting approach, CBOB, but it didn't really answer the question about Fluffy's owner's approach. Let's assume it's a lady who doesn't have access to "bad guys", etc.

You can easily pay "the good guys" to perform the same services and Viajero if it were a family member I would use a heck of a lot more money and imagination. Geeeesh.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next