INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trout farm/resto, maybe golf course - west of Mazamitla

Go down

Trout farm/resto, maybe golf course - west of Mazamitla Empty Trout farm/resto, maybe golf course - west of Mazamitla

Post by borderreiver Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 pm

OK, OK, so my last post was way too easy. I think I saw this place on Jim and Carroll's blog. Looked, having no luck. Apparently, west of Mazamitla, There's a place where you can hike and see huge natural stone balls (what are the odds of CB leaving this one alone?). In the same area there is a trout farm, and adjoining resto, maybe even a golf course - who knows. FYI - you go 100 miles south of Uruapan, and that's the southern limit for trout habitat. I heard there's a hatchery near Uruapan. So, over to everyone.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Trout farm/resto, maybe golf course - west of Mazamitla Empty Re: Trout farm/resto, maybe golf course - west of Mazamitla

Post by borderreiver Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:52 pm

I'll answer my own post here. Digging through Jim and Carroll's (I think) excellent blog, I finally traced down what had intrigued me.
The 2 items were:

Stone balls, and, close by a
Trout farm and/or maybe a golf course.

Separate places. Different states.

" Balls." West of Lakeside, Off Hwy. 15, and Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy to the west. Just outside Tapalpa. Tapalpa reads like a great town.
"Trout" thing - Zacatlan.
Golf course. No idea how that lodged in the brain. Don't even play. Don't even care.

So there. Mystery solved.

borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down