INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting in Vista Allegra

+14
oncesubtle
jinja
Rosa Venus
MexicoPete
Trailrunner
too young for ajijic
Intercasa
windrider17
slainte39
Rosalinda laughs
Carry Bean
DaveP
Kiri
CanuckBob
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shooting in Vista Allegra Empty Shooting in Vista Allegra

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 am

I read on the Facebook crime page that there was a shooting of a Mexican, by an expat, in Vista Allegra yesterday. The Mexican apparently busted into the expats home to either rob him or settle a score. Anyone know anything?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Shooting in Vista Allegra Empty Re: Shooting in Vista Allegra

Post by Kiri Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 am

CanuckBob wrote:I read on the Facebook crime page that there was a shooting of a Mexican, by an expat, in Vista Allegra yesterday. The Mexican apparently busted into the expats home to either rob him or settle a score. Anyone know anything?

Strange post...we seem to live with a mushroom philosophy....
Mushroom philosophy
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2018 10:55 am

What I find strange is that if a Mexican had shot an expat it would be splashed all over the news including NOB media but when it is the other way around we hear nada.......mushroom indeed.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Wed May 30, 2018 12:54 pm

This has just been published on FaceBook

Ken Corbin 12:06pm May 30
Please note the following letter that's being sent to the residents of Vista Alegre:

I wanted to give all of our residents an update on the tragic situation that occurred at Vista Allegra this past Tuesday morning.

As you may have heard, Antonio Novoa from house number 15 passed away at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Latham at house number 55. There have been a number of obvious inconsistent and incorrect remarks made regarding the situation.

In addition some inflammatory and outrageous reporting has been done by a local source that has a reputation for slanderous remarks.

I have been involved with the situation within minutes of it's occurrence. In addition I have spoken to the local authorities and the District Attorney's office.

As I write this, more interviews are being conducted with additional witnesses and individuals close to the situation. I have been at the residence of Mr. And Mrs. Latham and the District Attorney's office during each of these interviews.

Walter spent Tuesday evening at the Chapala Clinic and today remains in custody (which is standard procedure in Mexico) while the authorities continue their investigation. No charges have been filed.

Debby had an examination done relating to some of the injuries that occurred during the initial attack. It's anticipated that additional examinations will be necessary. Debby's also been involved with numerous interviews from the authorities.

I promise that future consistent and accurate updates will be provided to our residents.

Finally, I ask for your prayers and thoughts during this time to the families of Antonio Novoa and Walter Latham.

VISTA ALEGRE

Ken Corbin

Vice President & Treasurer
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

I’m sure Lois Lane aka Lisa J. Is screwing up the story as I post this.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2018 2:09 pm

This is what Lisa has posted so far. Of course you have to pay her to read her complete story......

“Vista Alegre Condominium President Kills Neighbor”. By LCR Staff, i.e. herself

Published on May 30, 2018 in News/Safety-Crime by LCR Staff
“A tragic incident occurred Tuesday morning in Ajijic. Walter Latham, president of the Vista Alegre condominium development, shot his neighbor to death. Antonio Novoa Rosas, 39, was killed as he was visiting Latham’s house to complain about Latham’s actions as president, involving Novoa’s dogs. Latham, a self-proclaimed karate expert and former bouncer, shot Novoa in…”

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalinda laughs Wed May 30, 2018 5:55 pm

And Lisa Jorgensen (as CBob says above)... our chief resident scammer, plagiarist, liar, spreader of fake news, and all around not very nice person.....  has already published (to be read only with a subscription of course) HER LUNATIC VERSION FULL OF RUMOUR AND THE NASTY COMMENTS WE SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO GET USED TO:

“Vista Alegre Condominium President Kills Neighbor”. By LCR Staff, (i.e. herself)

Published on May 30, 2018  in News/Safety-Crime  by LCR Staff
“A tragic incident occurred Tuesday morning in Ajijic. Walter Latham, president of the Vista Alegre condominium development, shot his neighbor to death. Antonio Novoa Rosas, 39, was killed as he was visiting Latham’s house to complain about Latham’s actions as president, involving Novoa’s dogs. Latham, a self-proclaimed karate expert and former bouncer, shot Novoa in…”

You can read the rest by paying her $45 subscription rate.  Truly not worthy of 5 pesos.  She’s a vulture.

Hey there, Lisa jorgensen, don’t you think it’s about time to give it up and move on, as you have so many times in your life?  How many places have you lived.  Yes, lots.  And you showed up here not long after you declared bankruptcy, remember?  Oh and what about the house that went into foreclosure....

We found none of your other jobs stateside appeared to have amounted to much. There is indeed a paucity of info on your “consulting job”, etc. When did you learn to be an “investigative reporter”? In high school? We know you never studied journalism or held a journalism job before landing in Ajijic in 2012.

So how many businesses have you begun HERE?  And how many good people have you maligned?

ISNT SEÑOR GOOGLE GREAT... AMAZING WHAT ONE CAN FIND.  There’s more, trust us.

Last edited by Rosalinda laughs on Wed May 30, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 30, 2018 6:00 pm

A family member who lives there told me about the same as you reported Bob, that....

The President of the HOA shot and killed a resident over a dispute they had with each other, over the resident's dog or dogs.
He said there had been "bad blood" over other issues with the HOA President over the past 5 years.
He said the shooter was either Canadian or American, wasn't sure which, and the casualty/victim was Mexican.

Don't  know anything about Lisa Jorgensen's reporting or accuracy thereof.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shooting in Vista Allegra Empty Jorgensen accurate?

Post by Rosalinda laughs Wed May 30, 2018 6:14 pm

slainte39 wrote:A family member who lives there told me about the same as you reported Bob, that....

The President of the HOA shot and killed a resident over a dispute they had with each other, over the resident's dog or dogs.
He said there had been "bad blood" over other issues with the HOA President over the past 5 years.
He said the shooter was either Canadian or American, wasn't sure which, and the casualty/victim was Mexican.

Don't  know anything about Lisa Jorgensen's reporting or accuracy thereof.
————————-+-+++++

We won’t know the true facts or the outcome until the Ministerio Público completes their investigation. Innuendo and rumor are just that. Do you remember when Lisa wrote her book on living in Mexico, a few months after she arrived, because she was the end all be all authority on moving here....and then had to rewrite it a few months later because immigration laws changed. And the revised it two more times.

Oh trust us, there’s more about this woman who is so totally into herself she cares not a whit about people she maligns. Sometimes we wish it would be nice for slander and libel laws would still be criminal offenses.

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 30, 2018 6:23 pm

I don't know anything about this woman personally or read anything she writes, nor does anyone in my circle of family or friends, as most are Spanish speakers, but what I have heard has not been flattering.
I can't imagine she has that big of a readership following to be that much of a factor in news distribution in the area......certainly not in the Mexican population.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalinda laughs Wed May 30, 2018 6:55 pm

slainte39 wrote:I don't know anything about this woman personally or read anything she writes, nor does anyone in my circle of family or friends, as most are Spanish speakers, but what I have heard has not been flattering.
I can't imagine she has that big of a readership following to be that much of a factor in news distribution in the area......certainly not in the Mexican population.

Yes, we too spend more than half of our time in the Mexican community.  They’ve never heard of her, she has no effect on their lives or livelihoods and most couldn’t care at all.  Conversely, most expats that we know think she is very dodgy, difficult, nasty, and don’t subscribe to her LCR, or write on her seven member crime tracker page - she tried to set up the page just after the other FACEBOOK crime page began.  She thinks she is an authority, on everything.  And that the authorities in Chapala have respect for her. They don’t care, the we’re nice to her because it’s an election year. Delusional perhaps.

Let’s see, she had the shop in Bugambilias selling bath and bedding stuff, then the clothing store, then the clothing store moved to Laguna Mall.  There was a store called “Hand Job”, shortly after the Dildoria opened, but I can’t recall what she sold there.  Then it too went the way of all things.  A few years ago she got angry at some of the comments being written about her, had a minor hissy fit, and stated she was taking a hiatus and stopped writing on her online Lake Chapala Reporter rag. She didn’t pick it up again until late last year, I think.  Never have known anyone who had a subscription or read if she reimbursed people when she abruptly stopped writing articles.  Articles that she lifts from Semanario Laguna, la Página Que Si Se Lee, Guadalajara Reporter (which she attacked for publishing fake crime news), web board posts, and occasionally from another Mexican paper.  But she isn’t a Spanish speaker to my knowledge.  There I could be wrong.  Nah, she’s a grifter kind of gal.

Care to comment Lisa?

Last edited by Rosalinda laughs on Wed May 30, 2018 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix)

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed May 30, 2018 8:03 pm

You forgot about the attack on Spencer which backfired on her big time but at least he showed her true colors in front of all the newbie cash cows she thought she could make followers.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shooting in Vista Allegra Empty Litigation

Post by Rosalinda laughs Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 pm

Carry Bean wrote:You forgot about the attack on Spencer which backfired on her big time but at least he showed her true colors in front of all the newbie cash cows she thought she could make followers.

Has that fight been resolved or is it in litigation. Spencer has written little since early May, and she hasn’t said much since she basically said she’d ended her relationship and all comms with him.

Why don’t they just kick her out? Is she actually Permanente?

Rosalinda laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Wed May 30, 2018 8:45 pm

"We won’t know the true facts or the outcome until the Ministerio Público completes their investigation." Somehow this is not comforting, and IMHO we will only know the MP version of the facts. I know this from experience.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Give it 24 hours as there are constitutional time limits on detentions and some are not surprised what happened
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Having a gun in the house can certainly cause big trouble if/when used inappropriately, especially here in Mexico. It better have been registered.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Rosalinda laughs wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:You forgot about the attack on Spencer which backfired on her big time but at least he showed her true colors in front of all the newbie cash cows she thought she could make followers.

Has that fight been resolved or is it in litigation.  Spencer has written little since early May, and she hasn’t said much since she basically said she’d ended her relationship and all comms with him.

Why don’t they just kick her out?  Is she actually Permanente?

She sure sounds like a piece of work, to put it mildly, but how is she involved in the Vista Alegre incident?

My son who lives there (a block away) and he, and several of his close friends have never heard of her.
Does she live there or is she connected in some way to one of the principals of the incident?  According to my son, only the shooter, his wife, and the deceased were present at the time this happened.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by too young for ajijic Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 pm

This is the complete article.

"Vista Alegre Condominium President Kills Neighbor
Published on May 30, 2018 in News/Safety-Crime by LCR Staff
A tragic incident occurred Tuesday morning in Ajijic. Walter Latham, president of the Vista Alegre condominium development, shot his neighbor to death. Antonio Novoa Rosas, 39, was killed as he was visiting Latham’s house to complain about Latham’s actions as president, involving Novoa’s dogs.

Latham, a self-proclaimed karate expert and former bouncer, shot Novoa in the chest with a shotgun as the two became involved in a heated argument. Novoa, 39, had suffered from post traumatic epilepsy for the past 18 years.

Latham’s legitimacy to serve as president was an issue in his recent election due to his assault and battery of a 65-year-old man a few years ago. At that time, Latham was fined and sent to jail, but somehow served only one day for an injury that sent the senior to the hospital. Latham was elected despite of the incident, with a large number of votes coming from Vista Alegre developers.

Latham remains jailed.

Funeral arrangements for Novoa remain unsettled due to forensic investigations, which should be completed in the next few days."

too young for ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 30, 2018 10:22 pm

windrider17 wrote:
"We won’t know the true facts or the outcome until the Ministerio Público completes their investigation." Somehow this is not comforting, and IMHO we will only know the MP version of the facts. I know this from experience.

Especially if only 3 people were involved and one is dead.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Slainte, she’s not involved but she inserts herself wherever she thinks she might entice somebody to subscribe to her online yellow sheet. She posts blurbs and teases on Facebook and if you want to read the whole thing you have to cough up $45.00 USD for the privilege. Not worth 45 pesos IMO.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 31, 2018 1:08 pm

So far we have an account from Vista Allegra that basically says someone "passed away" while visiting his neighbor and then we have Lisa's obviously biased report with graphic details. I still do find it strange that a non biased report hasn't come out in one of the Mexican newspapers such as El Informador (or at least I haven't found one).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 31, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm sure Dale is on it and we'll see it tomorrow.

You know, the shooter may get off. If his weapon was legal here in MX and if he was legal to own it, it may be legal to shoot someone to protect yourself in your own home.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu May 31, 2018 2:30 pm

Just received an email from Lisa Jorgenson. She is giving us a last chance for an annual subscription for the Chapala Reporter for $45 per Year. It is going up to $60.

The Guadalajara Reporter charges $30 US per year and each week they usually have 28 or 32 pages.

How many pages does the Chapala Reporter have per week? I understand perhaps one or two, but not weekly but occasionally. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would love to see what she writes. But I am not going to pay $45 or $60 to find out. I would be happy to pay for one issue so that I could see. but I have never seen that available unless you sign up for a year.

Last edited by MexicoPete on Thu May 31, 2018 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu May 31, 2018 2:38 pm

Don't give her money, Pete, she's a fraud and you shouldn't support that.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 31, 2018 3:47 pm

Too young for ajijic posted the whole article and Trailrunner is correct.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next