INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody hear of this? Murder of expat

+15
itsme
CHILLIN
ltollefs
too young for ajijic
brigitte
Ricardo
kipissippi
gringal
Carry Bean
MexicoPete
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
Kiri
Gamina
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anybody hear of this?  Murder of expat Empty Anybody hear of this? Murder of expat

Post by Carry Bean Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:03 pm

Copied from Facebook. I’m not in the crime group.

*****Do NOT use the Goat Paths, or other areas where you are not safe please!! *****
Just reported by friends of witnesses.
- - An expat was just murdered today by a local on the goat path beside El Dorado. The killing was witnessed by some expats. - -
PLEASE, if anyone needs assistance dealing with this, please contact me, as I have connections with an excellent counsellor.
Please - to keep updated on whats happening in hometown, please check out the FB Group - (answer questions to request approval to join) www.facebook.com/groups/ChapalaCrimeWatch

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anybody hear of this?  Murder of expat Empty Re: Anybody hear of this? Murder of expat

Post by Gamina Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:38 pm

Yup, saw this several hours ago.  Nothing more since.

Last edited by Gamina on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anybody hear of this?  Murder of expat Empty Re: Anybody hear of this? Murder of expat

Post by Kiri Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Gamina wrote:Yup, say this several hours ago. Nothing more since.
Attachments
Anybody hear of this?  Murder of expat Attachment
crime .png You don't have permission to download attachments.(246 Kb) Downloaded 66 times
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:12 pm

A lot of people from El Dorado and other communities use that path down to Walmart, etc.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:18 pm

“A man appearing to be Mexican shot an older expat abd then walked up and shot him again in the head. The perpetrator is still at large.”

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:26 pm

I used to run my dogs up there, then go under the Libramiento and up that road.

This might be a personal thing.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 pm

I don't consider anything put onto FaceBook as a credible or accurate report. So far everything is secondhand information. I haven't been able to find anything from a credible news source.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:41 pm

That crime watch group is the worst. I am not getting excited until there is something more than what they churn up there — or what is copied and pasted from there as official fact.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:08 pm

No kidding!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Supposedly there were witnesses. And if true, I agree with Trailrunner that it sounds personal.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:30 pm

A witness is an ex-cop from del norte.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:59 pm

“Supposedly” and who said one of the witnesses is an ex-cop? Why is he an ex cop? We are supposed to believe all this based on anonymous sources on the internet.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:06 pm

The name of this forum is “Local Rumors & Criminal Activity.” We’ll see...

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:01 pm

Exactly. We’ll see. Not like that Facebook page where the sky is always falling and we’re all gunna die!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Down here, we live forever. Check out my age. It is listed on the forum.

Check out my "profile". Shows I am 109. Then, look at my picture, it is the same old picture I have had on several forums for many many years.

I bet the expat murdered was part of that TV series on Shaw Direct, Apparently it happened somewhere south of Calgary.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:05 am

I have no problem with these Facebook groups reporting petty crimes on the fly however I do think they need to be far more careful when reporting major crimes such as assault and murder. They seem to want to be the first to report things based on information they gathered "from friends of a witness". This is not proper or responsible reporting. We saw what happened with this style of reporting during that last incident where an expat was involved in the fatal shooting of a Mexican. The initial reports were flimsy on details and the subsequent speculation was completely wrong. I still hadn't seen anything in the local media as of last night because they are probably still gathering facts. These types of reports do no favors to the investigator's or community IMO. Now I see they are organizing a memorial stone and such. Does anyone even know the fellow's name yet?????

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:39 am

I haven’t seen any more on it and as I said, I’m not in that crime group since it seemed to be hysterical newbies looking to scare each other.  I’m sure Lisa Jorgensen is all over this and for several pesos you can subscribe and read all about it.  Rolling Eyes

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:40 am

Agree, Bob. Now they want to group-up and take machetes and clear the area of brush in case another would-be murderer wants to hide and kill someone else. Furcrisake. It's a crime scene! Go home, lock your doors, and mind your own business! And call the movers. They're losing their minds over there.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:06 am

Yep the hysteria is really unnecessary. Tragic, senseless shit happens here and most other places on a regular basis. It certainly isn't the first time someone has been murdered around here and won't be the last. Anyone living here thinking otherwise is really unprepared for life in Mexico. Can you imagine what a group like this would have thought about the events in May 2012 around here? I suppose the guy flogging tasers and pepper spray on that site will be booming.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:36 am

LOL Blatently flogging tasers and pepper spray!! So funny, bet he's charging them bank too.

Right about 2012 too! Imagine.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:43 am

One other thing, we know nada about the victim or the motive. While I have met many many wonderful older expat men here, I have also met a handful of absolute dicks too. Just sayin . . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Trailrunner wrote:One other thing, we know nada about the victim or the motive. While I have met many many wonderful older expat men here, I  have also met a handful of absolute dicks too. Just sayin . . .

Boy, ain’t that the truth!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:07 pm

An old dick is the result of young dick sticking around too long. Sometimes times just intensifies their dickiness !
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:10 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Down here, we live forever. Check out my age. It is listed on the forum.

Check out my "profile". Shows I am 109. Then, look at my picture, it is the same old picture I have had on several forums for many many years.

I bet the expat murdered was part of that TV series on Shaw Direct, Apparently it happened somewhere south of Calgary.

You obviously had an excellent photographer.... Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:57 pm

Copied from the local crime Facebook page.

“We will address a few questions now.
1 - We will not be posting any updates on this incident on any other FB groups, please,.. if you want to know what has been happening, save us the time,.. and read it here, in this FB group. Some groups want official info,.. and as such, after we take time to post in other groups,.. it is just deleted anyway.
2 - The Cleanup organized by the CIty of the path where the Canadian Expat was murdered will be done on Thursday. The Cleanup crew from the City will be accompanied by Police. Time and place to meet for those interested in helping and paying respects to the Fallen will be announced later.
3 - A Memorial for the Fallen (yes,.. I am totally aware this has never been done before,.. but I am a newbie,. and a fellow Canadian, and therefore feel that I would like him remembered) will be made at that time.
4 - Many have asked why there has been nothing on the news, the Police Chief has requested that all info be kept off Media at this time. They are well aware of this FB Group, and support its mission.
Thanks for your patience as more info comes out, we will announce it here.
But the biggest request we have,. is that your respect the privacy of the Victims family, and his neighbors and the witnesses.
Thanks
Admins”

We still know nothing about victim or the motive or anything, really. But he is now The Fallen and there will be a memorial for him. How can we “remember” someone when we don’t know anything about him — even who he actually is? This is becoming more and more surreal, like an alternet universe.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next