INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody hear of this? Murder of expat

+15
itsme
CHILLIN
ltollefs
too young for ajijic
brigitte
Ricardo
kipissippi
gringal
Carry Bean
MexicoPete
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
Kiri
Gamina
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anybody hear of this?  Murder of expat - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody hear of this? Murder of expat

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:57 pm

Copied from the local crime Facebook page.

“We will address a few questions now.
1 - We will not be posting any updates on this incident on any other FB groups, please,.. if you want to know what has been happening, save us the time,.. and read it here, in this FB group. Some groups want official info,.. and as such, after we take time to post in other groups,.. it is just deleted anyway.
2 - The Cleanup organized by the CIty of the path where the Canadian Expat was murdered will be done on Thursday. The Cleanup crew from the City will be accompanied by Police. Time and place to meet for those interested in helping and paying respects to the Fallen will be announced later.
3 - A Memorial for the Fallen (yes,.. I am totally aware this has never been done before,.. but I am a newbie,. and a fellow Canadian, and therefore feel that I would like him remembered) will be made at that time.
4 - Many have asked why there has been nothing on the news, the Police Chief has requested that all info be kept off Media at this time. They are well aware of this FB Group, and support its mission.
Thanks for your patience as more info comes out, we will announce it here.
But the biggest request we have,. is that your respect the privacy of the Victims family, and his neighbors and the witnesses.
Thanks
Admins”

We still know nothing about victim or the motive or anything, really. But he is now The Fallen and there will be a memorial for him. How can we “remember” someone when we don’t know anything about him — even who he actually is? This is becoming more and more surreal, like an alternet universe.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anybody hear of this?  Murder of expat - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody hear of this? Murder of expat

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:09 pm

Snowflakes run amuck.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:59 pm

Who is running that group now? They sure sound full of themselves. What if the guy is a pedo or something? I'll be damned if I'd go to remember someone better left forgotten. How soon will there be a Gofundme for funeral expenses? Rolling Eyes

It's sad if this is a case of mistaken identity or just some nut went off the rails and shot an innocent person, though.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:22 pm

http://semanariolaguna.com/41028/

Foreigners have reported through the social media the murder of a Canadian.

According to what has been published (authorities have provided no relative information) the act occurred Friday, Feb. 1 at noon. According to relatives of the victim the Canadian was walking on a dirt road that leads to Allen W. Lloyd Street when a subject intercepted him and attempted to kill him with a firearm.

First reports are that the Canadian was an elderly person and that he was walking on a dirt road along one side of the El Dorado development on the Ajijic bypass and that a person intercepted him and shot him in the chest, finishing him off with another shot, this time to the head, while he was on the ground.

The Chapala municipal government has remained silent. Semanatio Laguna sought more information at the Social Communion Department (the only municipal office that this media outlet was allowed to speak with) but no precise information was provided in relation to the case.

Unofficial sources reported to Laguna that the municipal government intends to give a news conference or issue a communique, but the date for this is not known.

As for as the state government is concerned, the Jalisco Public Prosecutor's office has also provided no details about the incident.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:45 pm

It sounds like the man was executed which makes the whole thing a little strange if indeed he was an elderly snowbird. It is always sad when someone is killed especially for the family that is left behnd. I do not care for the histeria of the facebook group and people should remember that the life and death of an expat is not worth more than that of a Mexican and Mexicans are killed on a regular basis and no one gets histerical about it and they do not gather to make memorials for them either ..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by too young for ajijic Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:02 pm

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/global-affairs-confirms-death-of-canadian-citizen-in-mexico-1.4280271?fbclid=IwAR3P-4_TAIdXHZs8shH-3Syt7AaHdFQunrBrdJJVeGVcZl2wk0PydZNO22Q

too young for ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Excellent point and well said, Brigitte.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:54 am

too young for ajijic wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/global-affairs-confirms-death-of-canadian-citizen-in-mexico-1.4280271?fbclid=IwAR3P-4_TAIdXHZs8shH-3Syt7AaHdFQunrBrdJJVeGVcZl2wk0PydZNO22Q

Approximately 850 people die each day in Canada, why is this in the news? Coming up in our next segment: Scientists claim water is wet. "Oh, my precious nerves. Don't make me clutch my pearls."
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:00 pm

ltollefs wrote:
too young for ajijic wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/global-affairs-confirms-death-of-canadian-citizen-in-mexico-1.4280271?fbclid=IwAR3P-4_TAIdXHZs8shH-3Syt7AaHdFQunrBrdJJVeGVcZl2wk0PydZNO22Q

Approximately 850 people die each day in Canada, why is this in the news? Coming up in our next segment: Scientists claim water is wet. "Oh, my precious nerves. Don't make me clutch my pearls."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada
Homicides...
I don't think natural causes constitute a crime.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Have you all read that crime site this morning? The woman who says the cartels cast a hologram between her cameras and her horse stalls so they could steal her horses? And on and on. Then she got burgled while she was outside hosing the house down by someone with a key she gave out? Sigh.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by too young for ajijic Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:33 pm

ltollefs wrote:

IDGAF how many people die in Canada daily. This was posted in response to issue of the man that was shot in Ajijic.

too young for ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Have you all read that crime site this morning? The woman who says the cartels cast a hologram between her cameras and her horse stalls so they could steal her horses? And on and on. Then she got burgled while she was outside hosing the house down by someone with a key she gave out? Sigh.

She was out back washing the bugs off the house! One of her neighbors used a key to get in her house. She knows because she asked all the other neighbors and they told her who it was!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:19 pm

The woman is obviously gone, she needs serious help.. I loved the description of all the cartels she is surrounded by and the electronic crap she is talking about, she is paranoid and off her rocker.. no doubt about that..just hope she stays o the south side.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 pm

That FB group and it's subsequent hysteria will cull the herd of those "nervous nellies" that are thinking of coming here or are already here. Probably a good thing. I love how some on there are pushing to reduce gun control. I have seen how the cohetes are safely handled around here.....couldn't imagine everyone "packing". Those people need to move back to the good ole USA.....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:57 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Down here, we live forever. Check out my age. It is listed on the forum.

Check out my "profile". Shows I am 109. Then, look at my picture, it is the same old picture I have had on several forums for many many years.

I bet the expat murdered was part of that TV series on Shaw Direct, Apparently it happened somewhere south of Calgary.

I checked out your profile Pete. Were you really born in 1769? If so, you have seen a lot of this stuff.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Come on Chillin, that was supposed to be a big secret Beer
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:55 am

Has anyone seen any media reports with details on this tragic event yet? Do we even know the victims name?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:39 am

"Those people need to move back to the good ole USA....." and Canada.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:46 am

Well you won't be toting guns in Canada...….which was the point behind my post.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:21 pm

I think I have to rejoin that crime group. I could use the laughs.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm

I thought they were funny too, now I think they are scary.

Last edited by Trailrunner on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I thought they were funny too, now I think the are scary.

Yeah. It stopped being funny when a member posted, “If police won't do their work I suggest we create a local citizen police. Don't know if it's legal but I don't care. I'm a local and I'm tired of this shit.” And then came the agreement, accolades, and suggestions. These included arming a bunch of senior citizens. As if they aren’t dangerous enough just driving around having road rage. Admin eventually turned off comments but way too late. I am no longer amused.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 pm

And Spencer is their cheerleader!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Do not worry Trailrunner I do not see anyone going on a vigilante trip around Chapala or Ajijic or anywhere, they all talk big but at the first sight of trouble they will be gone..because no one will answer the 911 call

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:51 pm

True!

mariachi
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:44 pm

I’d be a lot more scared of a bunch of feeble grandpas shooting at anything that moves than any local bad guys. On 2nd thought I won’t rejoin that bunch of kooks. If I hear of any of them armed illegally, I’ll be praying the idiots get deported.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next