INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a Shaw Satellite TV receiver

+3
CanuckBob
Canmex 87
cypress
7 posters

Go down

Looking for a Shaw Satellite TV receiver Empty Looking for a Shaw Satellite TV receiver

Post by cypress Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:47 pm

One of my Shaw receivers is now outdated (January 21st) so I need another one.
I'm looking for what used to be called a 630 or 830. Looking at Shaw's website they don't have those listed anymore instead they have Gateway Portal and Gateway HDPVR. Which ones are equivalent to the 630 or 830?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Shaw Satellite TV receiver Empty Re: Looking for a Shaw Satellite TV receiver

Post by Canmex 87 Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Here is a listing from CP Electronics Guadalajara.

Details
The Shaw Direct Arris HD DSR800 advanced HDTV receiver delivers superior programming and convenient, interactive features. A simple but quality Hi-Def receiver at a good price.
List Price: MXN 7,000.00
Price: MXN 5,488.00

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Shaw Satellite TV receiver Empty Re: Looking for a Shaw Satellite TV receiver

Post by cypress Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:12 am

Thanks. It is quite expensive. They don't seem to sell the 830-just the 630 and 800.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:43 am

Find someone coming down from Canada to bring you one? That receiver is $149.99 CAD. You can get the PVR DSR830 for $299.99 CAD.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 am

….. plus tax!!

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:14 pm

The family has a cottage on Vancouver Island and the billing address is in Seattle. I have had Shaw send me a receiver to the Seattle billing address. I would have had to pay both PST and GST if it were sent to the cottage which is often not occupied during the winter months.

By sending it to a US address (close to the cottage) perhaps 4 years ago, I was not charged PST and I don't think GST either. I was happily shocked
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Was this recently? If not, I highly doubt they would send a receiver out of country any more. I believe they no longer knowingly allow any out of country viewing.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Here is Shaw's current terms of service agreement:

Restrictions. You acknowledge and agree that:

(a) the Services will only be provided to you in Canada;

(b) the service address associated with your account is located in Canada;

(c) you will not directly or indirectly use a single account in connection with more than one (1) service address;

(d) you will keep Shaw Direct advised of your service address and phone number(s) associated with your account at all times;

(e) no Shaw Direct – owned Equipment shall be removed from your current service address without the consent of Shaw Direct;

(f) if you terminate the Services within one (1) year of subscribing to the Services, any
99935_7
Receiver(s) provided to you at net $0 charge under a special promotional offer will be returned to Shaw within thirty (30) days of disconnection of Services;

(g) no more than six (6) Receivers can be authorized on one account; and

(h) all Receivers are located at the service address listed on your account.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:41 pm

These guys will not ship to Mexico but will ship to the U.S. - and of course to Canada. I have had boxes shipped to the U.S. and brought them back in my luggage. You do pay shipping and duty to the U.S. but much cheaper than buying one here. I don't begrudge local dealers who import them charging whatever they feel is appropriate. But you can save some money.

http://www.kusat.com/Shaw-Direct/

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm

The last time I tried to order a Shaw receiver from Kusat, they said that they no longer are able to get Shaw receivers. I just looked at your link and entered their catalog and it showed no receivers in stock.

I sure hope I am wrong. And that this is a temporary supply interruption, but that is not what the folks at Kusat told me last year
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:55 pm

Perhaps now that Shaw allows no viewing what so ever outside of Canada Kusat doesn't want to be involved in black market shenanigans?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:38 pm

MexicoPete wrote:The last time I tried to order a Shaw receiver from Kusat, they said that they no longer are able to get Shaw receivers. I just looked at your link and entered their catalog and it showed no receivers in stock.

I sure hope I am wrong. And that this is a temporary supply interruption, but that is not what the folks at Kusat told me last year

Pete I wish you would clarify your "The last time" statements, some of them are way back in the dark ages

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:11 pm

I share a cottage (called summer home in the US) on Vancouver Island, I think it was about 18 months ago, when I tried to have a 800 series receiver sent to my US address, they said not any more, even though, my US address is only a few hours south of the cottage which is across the boarder. No problem, I had it sent to a friend who lives in Canada, and I picked it up several weeks later when I headed back to Vancouver Island, this time going through Hongcouver where my friend lives.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 am

Is the 830 much different than the 630?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:13 am

Got one.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down