INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Chapala - Extrapolated Lake Levels For 2019 Rainy Season

+8
NoVaDamer
slainte39
SunshineyDay
gringal
SunFan
CanuckBob
cypress
Cincy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lake Chapala - Extrapolated Lake Levels For 2019 Rainy Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Lake Chapala - Extrapolated Lake Levels For 2019 Rainy Season

Post by brigitte Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 pm

You have that one right : Many of the front lake properties belong to well off tapatios. it will be interesting to see what their position will be. Hopefully they will not want to be flooded and we will see if they use their influence or not. We are not on the lake but we are not that far from it so I am very interested in the subject. Very Happy

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lake Chapala - Extrapolated Lake Levels For 2019 Rainy Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Lake Chapala - Extrapolated Lake Levels For 2019 Rainy Season

Post by ferret Wed May 29, 2019 7:03 pm

The lake levels since 1900...
https://www.ceajalisco.gob.mx/contenido/chapala/chapala/niveles.html

It's been higher. There are some older maps somewhere that show that the lake used to cover Jocotepic and around the mountain (the one with the Joco bypass) to where the cuota now is.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 29, 2019 7:57 pm

No doubt about it.. Jocotepec was around in the 1800 though because I remember translating some pages of a diairy written by an Italian and the man was describing Jocotepec as an unterresting place where the only nice thing was the niece of the padre.. so there was a town there

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm

1524 Joco is old. Municipality in 1832. 

La conquista la hizo pacíficamente Alonso de Ávalos en 1524, siendo los fundadores de Xolotepec los naturales, ya bautizados, Graciano Concepción, Santiago Jacobo, Jorge Simeón, Luis Cupertino, Salvador Hesperito, Pedro Tadeo, Lorenzo Antonio, Lorenzo Sebastián, Bartolo Jacobo, Juan de los Reyes, Andrés Joseph, Pablo Roque y familias. Se desconoce el decreto que lo erigiera en municipio, aunque el del 12 de abril lo menciona como municipalidad. En 1825 tenía Ayuntamiento, y el 13 de marzo de 1832 adquiere el título de Villa.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 pm

ferret wrote:The lake levels since 1900...
https://www.ceajalisco.gob.mx/contenido/chapala/chapala/niveles.html

It's been higher. There are some older maps somewhere that show that the lake used to cover Jocotepic  and around the mountain (the one with the Joco bypass) to where the cuota now is.

Just check out when Jocotepec was founded…..must have been some really old maps.
Like cave man drawings on a wall somewhere….. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed May 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Would you like it better if I said that the lake used to cover WHERE JOCOTEPEC NOW IS? Laguna Sayula was also probably part of it.

Look at this map from 1840 and you will see another section of the lake that is no longer there...
Lake Chapala - Extrapolated Lake Levels For 2019 Rainy Season - Page 2 Narvae10

Here's a current one...
Lake Chapala - Extrapolated Lake Levels For 2019 Rainy Season - Page 2 Datatx10

My point is that it will cross the lowest areas first if it continues to rise.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 30, 2019 12:18 am

You might be right at some ancient prehistoric time, I just questioned the map part as that is a more historic endeavor, and that pueblo has been there a long time.

45 years ago the lake was right up to the highway and bridge over the Lerma at La Barca, Jalisco and Las Briseñas, Michoacan , but not into Jocotepec.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 30, 2019 7:40 am

That extra bit at the eastern end could have been very shallow swamp that was reclaimed with fill at some point. The rest looks pretty much the same. Ajijic has been here since 1534 (???) so it couldn't have been much higher here in the 1800's. The kitchen part of my house (which was probably the original structure) is built with adobe and my construction guy said it could be hundreds of years old as they haven't used adobe in quite some time.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu May 30, 2019 7:58 am

I've wondered why my ancient casa was built at considerable elevation from the street....but the answer is becoming increasingly clear.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu May 30, 2019 2:53 pm

There was a land developer involved at some point in the early 1900's. He built a beautiful hacienda home, now almost destroyed, and through a series of dams, etc., fundamentally changed the size and shape of the Lake. This is all on John Pint's website, url is something about Saudi caves.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 pm

gringal wrote:I've wondered why my ancient casa was built at considerable elevation from the street....but the answer is becoming increasingly clear.
lol!

Or the answer may becoming increasingly dark. We all know what flows better down hill!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 31, 2019 1:10 am

CanuckBob wrote:That extra bit at the eastern end could have been very shallow swamp that was reclaimed with fill at some point. The rest looks pretty much the same. Ajijic has been here since 1534 (???) so it couldn't have been much higher here in the 1800's. The kitchen part of my house (which was probably the original structure) is built with adobe and my construction guy said it could be hundreds of years old as they haven't used adobe in quite some time.

I was told years ago that the oldest structures in Ajijic were on 16 de septiembre on the block where you are and a block or two in each direction from your house

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri May 31, 2019 8:05 am

And I've been told the original ayuntamiento was that old weathered adobe building down at the bottom of the tianguis.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 pm

If I'm reading the Lake Level chart correctly we're still 4 1/2 feet above the lake level at this time last year. Should be an interesting summer and fall.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:13 am

I imagine a lot of this water will make its way to the Lerma river and then to us. They nay have to open the dams even earlier than July 1st.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/leon-records-wettest-day-since-1961/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Today&utm_campaign=331e1661a4-MNT+june07-2019&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-331e1661a4-349534941

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2