INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nervous Energy

+9
ferret
Mrs. Rupert
SunshineyDay
Trailrunner
CHILLIN
SunFan
mastrich
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nervous Energy Empty Nervous Energy

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:00 am

I saw this topic on another forum however no followed up,

[size=33]First of all, I don't like this expression "nervous energy." Is there an actual diagnosis or medical term for people who constantly have to be doing something, they just can't seem to relax? I am both envious of these people and concerned for them (the ones who over-stress). Don't get these folks mixed up with ADD people who always have something going on, but never finish most things. These highly energetic people are extremely focused and they get things done! That's why I envy them. [/size]

[size=33]If anyone who has this "condition" is reading this, I'd like to know if there are any relaxation methods you recommend. Is there anything that calms your mind. I have a friend who is high-strung like this and she constantly stresses and worries about things. She cannot meditate and I understand that. I just worry about her because I recently learned of the health effects of long-term stress. It's possible to constantly keep yourself busy without being stressed about it, right? Or is anxiety/stress part of this "condition"?[/size]

[size=33]What say you? I know that I have an over abundance of energy..  [/size]
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Nervous Energy Empty Re: Nervous Energy

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:35 am

Sounds like anxiety. I suffer from this a bit. I can't let anything go unfixed or unfinished. CBD Oil is good for this. They also have pills of some sort.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 am

I use and full spectrum and edibles. Someone I know here locally makes it for me. I really don't want to use Xanax, valium, klonipin, etc.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mastrich Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:17 am

Yes me also I take lexapro to keep me on a level state of mind been taking it since 2006, came into my life being in the military for 25+ years.
mastrich
mastrich

Humor : crazy sumbitch

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:35 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Sounds like anxiety. I suffer from this a bit. I can't let anything go unfixed or unfinished.

Hey common over to my place then.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:48 pm

I get nervous energy when around doctors and hospital. I tell a lot of jokes, a virtual Henny Youngman. A lot of times, I just translate English sayings into Spanish. If you ever find yourself in Occidentale Hospital in Guadalajara, on the 4th floor ward, beware there are some real funny male nurses there. Never laughed so hard, since I am supposed to be sick. They are lucky, they have an ever changing audience for their hijinx.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm

SunFan wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Sounds like anxiety. I suffer from this a bit. I can't let anything go unfixed or unfinished.

Hey common over to my place then.
SunFan

Hahaha and my place after that, please!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:12 pm

CB are you good at salitre repair? jaja

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:35 pm

'Nervous energy' is a very real condition and is called GAD- General Anxiety Disorder.
It should be treated by a physician, and Lexapro is often prescribed. If left untreated, it can be terrifying and debilitating.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 pm

If I had it I would take CBD oil and not pharmaceutical chemicals with endless lists of side effects. Just sayin' Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:28 pm

So would I TR. The pharmaceuticals are HELL to get off... never mind the side effects.
Nervous energy is another way of saying hyper. BTW, if you suffer from this, stay away from Foco Tonal. Had a friend who visited there and she was wired for days.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Those of you that have this, do you exercise aerobically on a regular basis?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:32 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Sounds like anxiety. I suffer from this a bit. I can't let anything go unfixed or unfinished. CBD Oil is good for this. They also have pills of some sort.

You need to come visit us... we do TONS of projects..but get sidetracked with the next one when the current one is about 95% finished!!!!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 pm

Those of us whose get-up-and-go has got up and gone sure wouldn’t mind having some of that nervous energy.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:09 am

Trailrunner wrote:If I had it I would take CBD oil and not pharmaceutical chemicals with endless lists of side effects. Just sayin' Very Happy

If you need a contact pm me.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:14 am

Jreboll wrote:Those of us whose get-up-and-go has got up and gone sure wouldn’t mind having some of that nervous energy.

There's some good coffee in Ajijic also B12 injections works wonders.

Blood pressure, medicine, heart medication and low blood sugar can and do cause lethargy as does depression.

Proper diet, sleep, staying hydrated are vital for physical and mental well being.

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:19 am

Trailrunner wrote:Those of you that have this, do you exer Beer cise aerobically on a regular basis?

Yes. Walking riding a bicycle and swimming. Also get out and do volunteer work you would be surprised how much exercise you get volunteering provides.

I donate 1 day a week in our local soup kitchen and regularly help friends and needy senior citizens and they can and will literally keep you on your toes.

Last edited by espíritu del lago on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : X)
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:22 am

Between my animals, doing lawnwork and shopping for those in need... Wow. Also keeping a soup kitchen clean will give you a workout.

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:24 am

espíritu del lago wrote:
Jreboll wrote:Those of us whose get-up-and-go has got up and gone sure wouldn’t mind having some of that nervous energy.

Blood pressure, medicine, heart medication and low blood sugar can and do cause lethargy as does depression.

Proper diet, sleep, staying hydrated are vital for physical and mental well being.

What you say all makes sense. I just had my check-up and it all came out good. Next time I’ll ask for a B12 shot.
Much as I try improving my sleep, I can’t. All those years of working night shift took their toll.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:25 am

Mrs. Rupert wrote:'Nervous energy' is a  very real condition and is called GAD-  General Anxiety Disorder.
It should be treated by a physician, and Lexapro is often prescribed.  If left untreated, it can be terrifying and debilitating.
Ahh Ha!
Thank you! I knew there had to be an explanation!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:29 am

Are you a night owl?

Reset your circadian rythmn

https://www.gaia.com/article/trouble-sleeping-here-are-5-ways-to-reset-your-circadian-rhythm

'The majority of us ascribe to a similar rhythm, based on the rising and setting of the sun, but even if you have an average rhythm, that cycle gets easily thrown off by a number of factors. In fact, most of us have an internal rhythm that is longer than the 24-hour cycle our society runs on, meaning our bodies must regulate our circadian rhythm on a daily basis to maintain that schedule.'

Excellent article and video.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:31 am

Also do you snore? Sleep apnea will make you extremely tired. A Cpap does work in conjunction with weight loss and alcohol effects your sleep cycle.

Last edited by espíritu del lago on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Xx)
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:34 am

Jreboll wrote:
espíritu del lago wrote:

What you say all makes sense.  I just had my check-up and it all came out good. Next time I’ll ask for a B12 shot.
Much as I try improving my sleep, I can’t. All those years of working night shift took their toll.

Yes indeed and lingers for years.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:36 am

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11153591/
Moderate-to-large quantities of alcohol are known to aggravate severe obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA), however, the reported effects of moderate alcohol consumption upon mild-to-moderate OSA are inconsistent. Given the reported benefits of moderate alcohol consumption on cardiovascular mortality, recommendations regarding the management of patients with OSA are difficult to formulate. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of moderate alcohol on sleep and breathing in subjects with mild-to-moderate OSA. Twenty-one male volunteers, who snored habitually, underwent polysomnography with and without 0.5 g alcohol x kg body weight (BW)(-1) consumed 90 min prior to sleep time, in random order. The mean blood alcohol concentration (BAC) following alcohol at the time of lights out was 0.07 g x dL(-1). The distribution amongst the various sleep stages was not significantly altered by alcohol. The mean apnoea/hypopnoea index rose from 7.1+/-1.9 to 9.7+/-2.1 events x h(-1) (mean+/-SEM, p=0.017); however, there was no significant change in the minimum arterial oxygen saturation measured by pulse oximetry Sp,O2, apnoea length or snoring intensity. Mean sleep cardiac frequency rose significantly from 53.9+/-1.4 to 59.9+/-1.9 beats x min(-1) (P<0.001) and overnight urinary noradrenalin increased from 14.9+/-2.3 to 18.8+/-2.3 nmol x mmol creatinine(-1) (p=0.061) on the alcohol night compared to the nonalcohol night. To conclude, modest alcohol consumption, giving a mean blood alcohol concentration of 0.07 g x dL(-1), significantly increases both obstructive sleep apnoea frequency and mean sleep cardiac frequency.

Last edited by espíritu del lago on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:36 am

Mrs. Rupert wrote:'Nervous energy' is a  very real condition and is called GAD-  General Anxiety Disorder.
It should be treated by a physician, and Lexapro is often prescribed.  If left untreated, it can be terrifying and debilitating.
Watch out for mood altering drugs. They affect in ways that you can’t imagine and have addictive properties.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next