INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renewing USA Plated Sticker

3 posters

Go down

Renewing USA Plated Sticker Empty Renewing USA Plated Sticker

Post by Jim W Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 pm

I have a Ford F150 ........tags expired 2007....Looked @ South Dakota for plates....They will charge sales tax for new....as vehicle was purchased in Oregon....Non sales tax state. The State of Oregon, is now asking for proof that this vehicle has been in Mexico, for the past 4 years. Oregon is now asking for translated letter, that vehicle has been in Mexico for nearly 6 years, before we can get renewal.

Has anyone experienced same? Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Renewing USA Plated Sticker Empty Re: Renewing USA Plated Sticker

Post by David Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:22 pm

I renew my Oregon tags. When I do that I have to prove that the vehicle is not in OR. They're satisfied with a copy of my mexican insurance and a form from DEQ wherein you certify that the vehicle is not in OR. Perhaps these will work for you too.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 pm

David wrote:I renew my Oregon tags. When I do that I have to prove that the vehicle is not in OR. They're satisfied with a copy of my mexican insurance and a form from DEQ wherein you certify that the vehicle is not in OR. Perhaps these will work for you too.

David, The State of Oregon, is asking for translated document....Proving location of vehicle......I assume law may have changed ...Amigo
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

What kind of document?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:07 pm

When I switched my other cars plates to SD they told me I only had to pay the tax if the car was purchased within 6 months. Has this changed?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 am

Jim, I can tell you that you can get different answers from different folks at DMV (kinda like Mexico). The last time I called to renew the lady told be I couldn't do it. I told her I knew I could but she persisted. So, I called Portland number for DMV instead of the Salem number. There person that answered said, "Oh sure, no problem." My suggestion is that you try again and see what happens. If you have your first Importada Temporal document, it shows when you brought the vehicle into Mexico. A copy of your current insurance shows that it is still in Mexico. Start off by offering those two as proof. Otherwise, just wait until you're in AZ and register it there.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:55 pm

David wrote:Jim, I can tell you that you can get different answers from different folks at DMV (kinda like Mexico). The last time I called to renew the lady told be I couldn't do it. I told her I knew I could but she persisted. So, I called Portland number for DMV instead of the Salem number. There person that answered said, "Oh sure, no problem." My suggestion is that you try again and see what happens. If you have your first Importada Temporal document, it shows when you brought the vehicle into Mexico. A copy of your current insurance shows that it is still in Mexico. Start off by offering those two as proof. Otherwise, just wait until you're in AZ and register it there.

David, Deb went to DMV on N.E. Glisan....agent said they required a photo and letter from Immigration that the vehicle has been in Mexico legally....also they want letter translated......go figure Beer since I got a new sticker in Laredo last year....you are correct....ALOT like Mexico Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Still, go to another DMV and talk to someone else. That guy didn't know what he was talking about.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down