INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Medical Story

+2
martygraw
Trailrunner
6 posters

Go down

A Medical Story Empty A Medical Story

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 14, 2019 9:18 pm

So, on Mother's Day around 5pm one of my neighbors knocked on the gate and asked if I would come take his wife's blood pressure. She was complaining of not being able to breath and was indeed breathing to beat the band and not moving much air. She was a little hypertensive, rapid heart rate, hot, and had absent lung sounds in the base on the right. She had only been out of IMSS for 4 days where she had a partial amputation of her right foot due to diabetes. She has a history of heart and renal failure. She is only 64 but a complicated patient. Damn that diabetes.

What to do. . .  She needed to be seen urgently but they are a family of very limited means which ruled out our new hospital which was close but we figured too expensive. Next choice was Cruz Roja but they were not very enthusiastic and asked if I would take her to the Chapala Municipal Clinica. The other option was IMSS Chapala but the whole family voted no on that one. Off we went.

As we were coming into Chapala, the traffic got worse and so did her breathing so I made a detour to CR. I went in to see if they would take her but the doc said no. He was a little frantic and said he currently was treating 2 criticals and begged me to take her some place else so we wound our way through Chapala up to the Clinica where not only would they take her but a paramedic and assistant came out and got her and brought her in from my car. They were so nice and efficient. 

We registered her and while they had a bed for her, the doc was busy so we settled in to wait. Her son with a car arrived and I left. 

Update: just back from their house, the diagnosis was pneumonia, she got antibiotics but the doc chose to give her tablets instead of IV antibiotics due to her heart failure and fluid retention. We will see how she does. She was breathing normally at rest in her wheelchair but has zero exercise tolerance. 

Total tab. .  .150 pesos.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A Medical Story Empty Re: A Medical Story

Post by martygraw Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Good on you Marilyn, hope she gets well soon. The people at the clinica are to be commended also. Thanks for the post
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 14, 2019 9:55 pm

God bless you. The angels were with y'all.

Please keep us posted on her recovery.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Trailrunner is an angel... a very knowledgeable one. The family were lucky you were available to help.
And do, please, keep us posted as to her well being.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 15, 2019 7:40 am

Thanks guys, not an angel, I just like these peeps and I thought you would be interested in the story. Besides, they help me a lot too and invite me to all their fiestas.

We'll see how she does, I wish she had been treated a little more aggressively but we'll see.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed May 15, 2019 8:52 am

You’re a true blessing to these folks.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down