INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMAPA -- What's Going On?

+7
RVGRINGO
brigitte
ferret
SunFan
slainte39
CanuckBob
ColorMeBlue
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SIMAPA -- What's Going On? Empty SIMAPA -- What's Going On?

Post by ColorMeBlue Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Here in West Ajijic, I have had intermittent water service. Water available one day out of three for the past two weeks. What is going on?

One story I heard was that some pump in the Villa Nova area was fried during a lightening strike. I don't remember any lightening this month but maybe I missed something.

Is this really an equipment problem that we simply must wait for SIMAPA to fix? Or are they rationing water until the rainy season is underway. Anybody know the REAL scoop?

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

SIMAPA -- What's Going On? Empty Re: SIMAPA -- What's Going On?

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 28, 2019 4:22 pm

My aljibe is full in Ajijic centro. No problems at all. Are you in a gated community or fracc neighborhood?? I dont think "water rationing" has anything to do with it. The lake which seeps into the wells where the water comes from is plenty full.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ColorMeBlue Tue May 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Recent update.... I'm not in a gated community. I am being told that the problem is due to low water table. The water table has dropped to a level that the pumps cannot access it. SIMAPA is trying to go deeper but several wells are non-functional until the rains begin. SIMAPA is trying to provide what service it can using pipas of water.

The problem appears to affect neighborhoods W of Villa Nova. Centro Ajijic is OK for now. San Antonio is said to have limited access because some of the wells are sucking sand.

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 28, 2019 5:47 pm

I find the "low water table" to be some excuse for something else IMO. Haven't heard a peep from Chapala and they get the same water as Ajijic unless you are in a neighborhood that gets fed by it's own well.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ColorMeBlue Tue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm

But there are multiple wells serving Lakeside. Right? Isn't it possible that they are drilled to different depths?

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 28, 2019 6:36 pm

ColorMeBlue wrote:But there are multiple wells serving Lakeside. Right? Isn't it possible that they are drilled to different depths?

Absolutely, and usage in the Ajijic west area would be higher due to larger gardens and yards.
The ground water only seeps down at one speed whether or not there is a lake above or not. 200 to 250 meters is a long slow trip down for the ground water to reach the water table where it can spread out and feed the wells.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue May 28, 2019 8:31 pm

A few years ago SIMAPA operated 17 wells.

I would guess they have more now with the expanded population Lakeside.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 28, 2019 9:26 pm

slainte39 wrote:
ColorMeBlue wrote:But there are multiple wells serving Lakeside. Right? Isn't it possible that they are drilled to different depths?

Absolutely, and usage in the Ajijic west area would be higher due to larger gardens and yards.
The ground water only seeps down at one speed whether or not there is a lake above or not. 200 to 250 meters is a long slow trip down for the ground water to reach the water table where it can spread out and feed the wells.

I didn't know there we that many wells. Thanks for the education. They should be finding a way to treat the lakewater. Endless supply these days.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue May 28, 2019 9:32 pm

How does Guadalajara treat the lake water? Isn't there a pipeline to Guadalajara from the lake? I vaguely remember all the hue and cry about the quantity of water that leaked out of it a number of years ago along with requests that it be fixed. Anyone?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue May 28, 2019 9:54 pm

@ColorMeBlue
I don't know if this thread from TOB is related to your problem but possibly ...
https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/83641-if-in-rancho-de-oro-check-your-aljibe/
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 28, 2019 10:41 pm

It is common to have SIMAPA turn off water during the day or not deliver every day in May.. There is very little water durng the day right now..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 28, 2019 10:41 pm

It is common to have SIMAPA turn off water during the day or not deliver every day in May.. There is very little water durng the day right now..This is one of the reasons we put in a big aljibe 15 years ago.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 pm

ferret wrote:How does Guadalajara treat the lake water? Isn't there a pipeline to Guadalajara from the lake? I vaguely remember all the hue and cry about the quantity of water that leaked out of it a number of years ago along with requests that it be fixed. Anyone?

There is a water treatment plant on the south side of the Periferico that is fed by an a canal and an underground tubular aqueduct from the lake. I don´t know if the canal is still in use or not, as it was very inefficient with high loss of water, and yes, the underground system had it´s problems too with water loss.
There is a legal limit to the extraction by GDL, so during years of more water entering the lake, this is not much of a problem.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 28, 2019 11:38 pm

brigitte wrote:It is common to have SIMAPA turn off water during the day or not deliver every day in May.. There is very little water durng the day right now..

Back in the 80´s and early 90´s, I was the water commissioner in Chula Vista, and every year the water table for recuperation in the two wells there would drop 20 to 25 meters is April and May.  The seepage of ground water through the perforations of the well casing just couldn´t keep up with demand. The only solution is deeper wells which cost more to drill and more to bring the water up.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 29, 2019 8:29 am

I have a shallow well for watering, t was there when we bought and in early 2000 it would go dry in April and May when we needed it..We take water for granted but it is a huge problem in Mexico.. We lived one month without water in Chiapas and that was tough. There we have a couple of patios no garden and sitll we had to recycle the water as we were buying garafones..I visit people who have to wak 4 kms to get water and same thing each drop counts and when they offer you waterto wash your hands before a meal , you know how much that water cost them physically,, It brings one back to the reality of many people..Water s precious and we have forgotten it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed May 29, 2019 9:13 am

Water is not a renewable resource. Yet, we multiply and increase our consumption in many other ways. Conserve!

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Wed May 29, 2019 9:17 am

I remember an article that appeared in the NY Times about 10 years ago.  It talked about how Mexico
would be dry in 50 years.
I think they were being optimistic. Water conservation in Mexico is not a priority.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 am

It certainly should be a priority, ANYWHERE. If you've ever gone short, you appreciate it for the precious, finite resource that it is. Reduce, reuse and recycle... and fix those damn leaks!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed May 29, 2019 10:17 am

shana wrote:I remember an article that appeared in the NY Times about 10 years ago.  It talked about how Mexico
would be dry in 50 years.
I think they were being optimistic. Water conservation in Mexico is not a priority.

Mexico is a huge country. Did the article explain why and how the entire nation will have no water in a few more decades?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 29, 2019 10:18 am

In many places I kow people let their tinaco overflow because the water delivery is at night and they do not have one of the cheap flotation device that stops the delivery when the tnaco is fill..People should get uge fines for that. The water runs all nght overflowing.. In Chiapas I paid to have one installed at my neighbors place as he was creating all kinds of problem overflowing and he is the responsable for the street... Imagine the rest...I saw that happen in Oaxaca as well where there is a serious lack of water.. you can get the problem fixed for a few pesos.. leaky toilets and taps are another big problem.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Wed May 29, 2019 1:13 pm

Ask Coca Cola about water rights.....

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 29, 2019 1:27 pm

The planet has a finite amount of water however it cannot be destroyed. It either evaporates (and returns as rain somewhere), turns to ice or gets used and contaminated by people and animals however the original amount is still out there in one form or another.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Yes, except it ends up more often in places we can't access.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed May 29, 2019 5:02 pm

Coca Cola is on the hot seat in San Cristobal. they were given warights to a water source when the locals are lacking water and the proverbial SH.. is hitting the fan against Coca Cola..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Given the choice the locals would rather have Coke.........lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next