INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY

4 posters

Go down

IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY Empty IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:32 am

Most of you will roll your eyes on this post, no problem.

Ferret,  I thought you might enjoy perusing.

"A considerable advance in the understanding of the role of gut microbiota in both physiological and pathological conditions has been obtained. Important effects of these microorganisms and their products have been demonstrated not only in the GI tract but also in adipose tissue, immune and nervous systems [2,3,4]. Modifications in the proportions of microorganisms in the gut (qualitatively or quantitatively) and, consequently, in the concentrations of the compounds produced and released by them in the lumen have been suggested to play a role in the development of pathological conditions including inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), colon cancer, obesity and type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus [3,4,5,6]"

Very informative information. I didn't post the rest of the study/article.

My thinking on these articles is to be informed and involved, if and when I need to know more. Maybe for family, friends or myself.

I personally believe the more you know the better your treatment will be. Most people's go to is Web Md,  Mayo, etc.

Personally I prefer not to be a guinea pig for big pharm and overpriced insurance.  

Ya know eventually you're gonna meet your maker. You can go kicking and screaming or here I am, now what?

I tell ya one thing, don't play me. I want a direct path to recovery with reasonable quality of life or... I want to die as quick as possible.

That's why I want to be informed, educated and on the same
level of knowledge as my doctor.

I hope someone can appreciate the info and rambling musings posted.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY Empty Re: IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:17 am

Well evidently I have dementia! Here is the link which I forgot to.post. IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY 374777

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5960470/ scratch

SMH....
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY Empty Re: IBS.. DIABETES.. COLON CANCER . OBIESITY

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 am

“That's why I want to be informed, educated and on the same
level of knowledge as my doctor.“

I don’t know why people go through college, medical school, residency, etc. when it appears you can read some articles on the interwebs and gain the same level of knowledge for free. Boy, are they dumb.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 am

Interesting comment Lady O. On the other hand, medical advances are taking place every single day and I believe that ANY Doctor would be hard pressed to keep up with all of them.
Had a friend who has gut problems (several years now) and visited the gastroenterologist at Quality Care very recently. He appreciated the things that she had printed off the internet in searching for help for her problem. Also appreciated her detailed log of foods consumed and timing of "events". Said it made his job much easier.
Nobody can be their own Doctor but a team effort approach and sharing of thoughts is a win/win.

Thanks Espiritu, I will read it later. The gut biodome is the backbone of the immune system.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:23 am

I agree, Ferret. But that is not what EDL said nor what I commented on. He said he wanted to be on the same level of knowledge as his doctor so he reads stuff on the internet.

Last edited by Lady Otter Latté on Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:33 am

I also had good results from Dr. Daniel Briseño, Dr. Hector's brother at Quality Care. He has spent 9 years studying towards his specialty, mostly in CDMX. He suspected I had a malabsorbtion problem, but after one month of treatment, my microbionme flipped back to normal. Chiles, which I love, are a trigger for me.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks Chillin'. I couldn't remember his name and keep wanting to call him Dr. Hector Valenzuela who is the surgeon for gut problems there.

I have a problem with chiles too and I love 'em as well. On the other hand, I know what to expect if I eat them and don't panic. To put it bluntly and literally... "this too shall pass"
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down