INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robbery in Mirasol

+10
gringal
CanuckBob
CHILLIN
Tday
benjji
Gamina
Trailrunner
slainte39
Carry Bean
ferret
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robbery in Mirasol Empty Robbery in Mirasol

Post by ferret Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:45 pm

I just received an e-mail from a forum member on Chapala.com who lives in Mirasol. She was robbed this afternoon and asked me to post a warning to others to be vigilant. The thieves took her laptop thus the request. She gave me her phone number as well to get more details but I am still in Canada and won't be home 'til late Saturday.

I will post more when I know more. Be careful!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Robbery in Mirasol Empty Re: Robbery in Mirasol

Post by ferret Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:54 pm

The theft took place between 10:30 am and noon today (that's BRAZEN) and from the homeowner...

" They jimmied the lock on curbside iron door and inside door to laundry room was unlocked. I'm glad they didn't hurt my dog and cat. I've been here over four years and nothing like this has happened. However I do believe I was watched."
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:02 pm

That IS brazen. A little early for the usual flurry of Christmas time break-ins.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 pm

It appears it was a break-in and not an armed robbery?
When away, keep all doors and gates locked, whether on the perimeter or the house.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:41 pm

You're correct slainte39. I wrote what she wrote to me. I also suggested that she get the separate dead bolts installed... the ones that have the long strange shaped key? Whatever they're called and suggested Aragon in Chapala do the installation.
I also posted this "break in" on TOB and, of course, the post has been instantly locked but not removed.
I hope CBob will leave it here for a while since it is the most read section by the most people.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:44 pm

I have that kind of lock on the barred doors covering my sliders. I don’t know what they’re called either.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am

I have friends living in Mirasol too, long time Mexico residents but only about 2 years in Mirasol. They've been robbed twice, same MO, they are being watched too, last time they got her wedding rings. I haven't talked to them in awhile, they've probably been robbed again since I spoke with them last - if there's anything left to take!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:20 pm

If they were robbed again (3 times), or even just broken into, that is very disconcerting.  Why do you suppose they keep coming back?....They don´t get everything during the first break-ins? ….It´s a new set of buglars?....Or what?
I would be checking or changing my help or any body that they call to do work there.
It could be that someone has a perceived grievance against them, because that isn´t even normal for most random burglaries.
Sometimes people tell someone they have a ton of money (or some other valuables) hidden in the house. the word gets around, and they are going to keep coming until they find it.  Not saying that is the case here, but I know of that happening to a man who used to live in SAT.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:52 pm

It is disconcerting!
First time they got in through sliding glass doors, grabbed a few things and left. Second time they got in a different way, don't remember. That time they got the jewelry, as I said, wedding rings. No dogs. We have the same maid and we've had her for over 10 years. They are definitely being watched and hit when they both are out, which is not often or for very long. We think it's someone/someones who works in the area gardener or something.
They don't talk to people, rarely socialize, live simply, know Mexico and have lived all over.
Why do they keep coming back? Because they can, it must be easy, and it's been lucrative. I guess . . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Are the neighbors being burglarized too?  Could definitely be, and probably is, someone working in the neighborhood.  Do they have a neighborhood watch or any plans for better security?  Someone knows their going and coming.
Not necessarily the maid but someone in her family that she inadvertently said something to.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 pm

Not likely with the maid, we're all friends with the family. The kids are all married and employed. Joco.
I think when we were talking about it we surmised they might be kids for some reason. Yes, they are being watched. Apparently, yes, neighbors are being robbed too - OP.
I havent talked to them lately so I don't know what the latest is. They were pretty cavalier about it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:45 pm

There are surveillance cameras in Mirasol.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Gamina wrote:There are surveillance cameras in Mirasol.

Seems as though they need a neighborhood watch or hire a security patrol person.  Access to Mirasol is quite easy.  
Didn´t they used to have a guard gated entrance?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:47 am

They used to have a guard at the gate but no more.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:03 am

The camera housing are still there but the cameras are either gone or broken.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tday Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 am

Several things come to mind, you might think about a larger Dog or an inexpensive motion. Sorry for your loss, could have been worse. No one wants to be violated like this !

Tday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:28 am

Tday, neither of the victims we're talking about are on this board. Did you read the thread? My friends have NO dog, not a small one.

Cameras . . . Good to have, I guess. At least you would know who the perps are. . .but, cops won't use the evidence and don't even seem to want to bother looking at the video . . . is there a camera anywhere in this country being monitored for crime? . . . and, so often what you hear is "sorry, cameras weren't working".
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Cameras have excellent potential, the Ring brand, owned by Amazon, has a new free app called "neighbors". If your camera picks up suspicious activity, night or day, you can send it to a security gaurd or office. It is more contraversial in the U.S., where owners can opt to allow local police to monitor cameras.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Tday, neither of the victims we're talking about are on this board. Did you read the thread? My friends have NO dog, not a small one.

Cameras . . . Good to have, I guess. At least you would know who the perps are. . .but, cops won't use the evidence and don't even seem to want to bother looking at the video . . . is there a camera anywhere in this country being monitored for crime? . . . and, so often what you hear is "sorry, cameras weren't working".

All banks, financial institutions, and businesses handling large amounts of cash have cctv and they are certsinly used for monitoring crime.
Used to identify vehicles leaving the scene of the crime all the time, even if the perps are heavily disguised.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:02 pm

benjji wrote:The camera housing are still there but the cameras are either gone or broken.

You get what you pay for!!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Tday, neither of the victims we're talking about are on this board. Did you read the thread? My friends have NO dog, not a small one.

All banks, financial institutions, and businesses handling large amounts of cash have cctv and they are certsinly used for monitoring crime.
Used to identify vehicles leaving the scene of the crime all the time, even if the perps are heavily disguised.

Slainte, you clearly live in a perfect world. Please, take a peek at CB's last post regarding the Actinver cameras on the recent banking thread. Happy to send you more reports like that one regarding cameras. BTW, expensive cameras get bashed and shot out too!

So you have a camera, you get robbed, you look on your camera and see your neighbor down the streets' gardener in your house. So what? What are you going to do about it?

Chillin' have you forgotten where you live?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:58 pm

I just got home about an hour ago. You can imagine my relief that no one broke into my house that has been sitting empty for two weeks. I guess (hope?) that all my security measures have paid off in spades.
I'm grateful.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Trailrunner wrote:. . . is there a camera anywhere in this country being monitored for crime? . . . and, so often what you hear is "sorry, cameras weren't working".

I ddn´t say they were perfect, but you asked a question.  A few years ago, the shooter in a murder in Plaza del Sol was identified and arrested because of camera footage and there have been many others.  If you think they are worthless, then go right ahead and keep thinking it.
Talk about living in a perfect world, no security is perfect, not a dog, not locks, not carrying a gun or anything else.  You accuse me of living in a perfect world  because I mention a tool that might reduce CRIME but you are a naysayer because it isn´t perfect.  scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:32 am

And you don't read the FB crime page where all the scared newbies post about their robberies and buy tasers and pepper spray and camera systems and take the videos to the police - who shrug them off.

Plaza del Sol is not here nor is it under the jurisdiction of the Chapala PD/MP. Things have changed since "a few years ago". I WISH we had normal law enforcement. Who cares about perfect.

I have a camera system, their names are Rosario and Estaban.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:47 am

You can buy fake camera's that look like the real deal including a red flashing recording light. Put a few around up high with a sign that says you are monitored by camera (in both English and Spanish).
Don't even tell your maid and gardener that they are fake. In fact tell them you have a new security system.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next