INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yves Restaurant & Bar

3 posters

Go down

Yves Restaurant & Bar Empty Yves Restaurant & Bar

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:43 pm

On Kathy's last night in the area, we thought we wanted to go to La Bodega but it was closed. We then decided to try the Old Posada but were immediately disappointed by the rundown look and apparent lack of business.

Rather than get back in the car and drive somewhere else, we walked down the waterfront to Yves Restaurant and Bar. We had never been there before and were immediately impressed by the decor and the friendliness extend to us by Yves. Since we were on the late side, we were the only patrons but our service was great and the meals perfectly prepared. To cap it off, the view of the Lake as it was getting dark was super!

It will remain on our return to list for future trips!

Slideshow: https://picasaweb.google.com/118146709599975173363/YVESRESTAURANTBARAJIJICJALISCO#slideshow/5650105424625120450

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Yves Restaurant & Bar Empty Re: Yves Restaurant & Bar

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Next time, CG, try the breakfast and/or lunch. One of our faves. cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Probably a great suggestion but we rarely eat breakfast and when we are staying in the Lake area, we are always off to the Real Mexico of Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque, Tonala or in the case of our most recent trip, Sayula. HA! During our last four trips to the area, I can easily count the number of times on one hand when we had breakfast or lunch in the Lake area. Dinner tends to be our biggie and we do enjoy the varied options!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 am

Absolutely great pics! We ate there a few years back and were disappointed. Only a blackboard limited menu with higher than average prices and average food.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:41 am

johninajijic wrote:Absolutely great pics! We ate there a few years back and were disappointed. Only a blackboard limited menu with higher than average prices and average food.

Things have changed mightily at Yves in the last year. Yes, there is still a pricey (IMO) blackboard menu at the entrance, but they have regular menus as well with much lower prices. Lunches from 55 pesos to around 75, max. Best fries in town; home cut potatoes. Free lake view and braying donkey. Dinner prices are average for the area and include a salad bar. Sea bass, my fave, is around 110 pesos, prepared various ways to your preference. Large portion. Very pleasant waitstaff.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:03 am

Since I neglected to take photos of our dinners, I cannot remember what Kathy had but I do remember the chicken livers cooked in cognac that I ordered. Since I have to eat chicken livers in the closet at home, this was a treat for me and theirs were as good as I have ever had. Based upon John's comments, I might assume that they ate there before Yves took his sabbatical NOB? By dining there, we were able to see and experience the new Ajijic malecon which we hadn't seen before. A very enjoyable location.
[img]Yves Restaurant & Bar Dscn1810[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down