INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Car Insurance - Qualitas or HDI?

+5
ednet94
Trailrunner
Gamina
kiko
Cincy
9 posters

Go down

New Car Insurance - Qualitas or HDI? Empty New Car Insurance - Qualitas or HDI?

Post by Cincy Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm

I'm close to buying a new Mexican plated vehicle. Two insurances companies I'm considering for the new vehicle are Qualitas and HDI. Does anyone have any experience/thoughts/recommendations on either of these two Mexican insurance companies?

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

New Car Insurance - Qualitas or HDI? Empty Re: New Car Insurance - Qualitas or HDI?

Post by kiko Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:19 pm

I have both and the Qualitas policy provides liability civerage in the US. The HDI does not. That may be an issue for you.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Car Insurance - Qualitas or HDI? Empty Re: New Car Insurance - Qualitas or HDI?

Post by Cincy Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:27 pm

kiko wrote:I have both and the Qualitas policy provides liability coverage in the US. The HDI does not. That may be an issue for you.

Well, I'm expecting to make a few trips NOB over the next few years so coverage is going to be important.  Thanks for bringing up that issue.  Perhaps temporary supplements can be added to a policy to cover a trip NOB?

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:36 pm

Qualitas has cheap insurance. They are not rated very high in Mexico. HDI has a better reputation.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:17 pm

I had Qualitas for several years but changed to HDI for no good reason and one day needed a tow truck and they wouldn't send one. So next go 'round on my insurance I went back to Qualitas and have road coverage again. Much better.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:21 pm

HDI doesn't have road coverage?
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ednet94 Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:58 pm

I got bad experience from HDI. Toyota rav4 mirrors got robbed in Guadalajara. Basically HDI sent us several times to carparts dealers of other brands like Audi, mercedes and others which had nothing to do with toyota but HDI told they would have the mirrors in stock which they didn't ofcourse and it would take at least a week to get the mirrors. Finally we bought the mirrors at a toyota dealer. Took several months to get the money back as that dealer wasn't one of they suggested so they didn't want to pay.

ednet94

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:22 am

For anyone considering HDI, and you want towing or other road service, make sure your car falls into the age time frame they will offer it. If your car is older than than HDI's time frame, they won't tell you unless you think to ask - you'll find out the hard way. Qualitas tow trucks will come for you no matter what.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:46 am

I have had Qualitas for several years. They have an office in Chapala on the main drag. I use to have GNP but then I noticed that almost each time I drove to Guadalajara there was an accident and it was always a Qualitas loss adjuster car present to handle claims. I never have had to use them (yet).

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:46 pm

We had an accident several years ago. We were not insured with Qualitas but the adverse party was.
The Qualitas adjuster was there in 15 minutes while ours took 2.5 hours.
On renewal we switched to Qualitas.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Qualitas is much cheaper but HDI is much better according to S & S

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:57 pm

What were the reasons that S&S gave you for making that recommendation?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:28 pm

cypress wrote:Qualitas is much cheaper but HDI is much better according to S & S

My experience was the opposite with quotes from Bellon and the Chapala Qualitas office about 6 months ago.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:32 pm

I really didn't notice much of a price difference but what was interesting was I tried to buy the Qualitas policy at their office in Chapala but when she told me I had to go down to the bank to pay (and stand in lines!) I said no way and went back to Parker to get it and it was a couple hundred pesos LESS! lol
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Used my debit card to pay at the Qualitas Chapala office ( not sure why you had to go to the bank).

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:21 pm

They wouldn't take my CC, I didn't want to give them my DC, I brought cash but they said I had to take it to the bank and bring back the receipt.

I think it was 300 pesos less at Parker. Win!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Trailrunner wrote:What were the reasons that S&S gave you for making that recommendation?
Ask S & S if you want a detailed answer

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:31 pm

No thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:35 pm

Probably a better commission... Very Happy

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Exactly, HB!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Yep!!!

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down