INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordering Supplements From the US

4 posters

Go down

Ordering Supplements From the US Empty Ordering Supplements From the US

Post by Frijoles Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Has anyone had success ordering and receiving supplements from the US lately? I've never done it but am considering it. It seems though that it's not working as well as it used to for those who have done it in the past, according to a couple of posters on TOB. Thanks.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ordering Supplements From the US Empty Re: Ordering Supplements From the US

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Tried it twice from US 3rd party companies on Amazon.  Both times for plain old Vitamin D3.  One never made it; one got here over 6 months after I ordered.  

Coincidentally I am in midst of an order of CDP Choline from Carethy, a Mexican company.  Someone on TOB recommended them.  Well.....after I pay for it, it turns out it is coming from Spain.  I decided to wait since I have (had) a decent supply.  Ordered it April 26th.  It left Spain quickly, but sat at Aduana CDMX since May 11.  

A few days ago its status changed to "delivered."  But I have not received it and the Spain shipper has not offered me any info about what company (or postal) handled the MXN part of its ill-fated journey.  

I contacted the Mexican company Carethy that sold it to me and they have been of zero help, too.  They just say I have to deal with shipper from Spain.  And the shipper is so far, useless.

Normally we bring our supplements down from US but have not been to US since Feb. due to virus.  

Costco Mexico has supplements and have purchased from them via the delivery service, but it's pretty basic stuff.  But at least you get it  Very Happy

I would also love to hear of better options for getting supplements.

Last edited by BisbeeGal on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holalola Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Check with iShop... I read somewhere that they have a supplement permit. You order from the US, ship to Laredo and then iShop brings it across the border. You are responsible for any import duty. I haven't tried them yet...

Holalola

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 pm

Holalola wrote:Check with iShop... I read somewhere that they have a supplement permit.  You order from the US, ship to Laredo and then iShop brings it across the border.  You are responsible for any import duty.  I haven't tried them yet...

Yes Ishop…….just this week, I received a big box of various supplements purchased from Walgreens online shopping in the US without any problem at Ishop and have been doing it for years.
Check with Oscar, the manager there and he can tell you what´s legal and what´s not.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:16 am

slainte39 wrote:
Holalola wrote:Check with iShop... I read somewhere that they have a supplement permit.  You order from the US, ship to Laredo and then iShop brings it across the border.  You are responsible for any import duty.  I haven't tried them yet...

Yes Ishop…….just this week, I received a big box of various supplements purchased from Walgreens online shopping in the US without any problem at Ishop and have been doing it for years.
Check with Oscar, the manager there and he can tell you what´s legal and what´s not.

Do you mind telling us what their fees were? Did you have to pay import duties/taxes? Thanks very much.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Yes, you have to pay the Aduana fees, and as to Ishop fees, I have a box there.  Walgreens does charge shipping but it depends on weight and volume.  When you place your order they will tell you the shipping and add it to your cuenta so you pay it all with one c.c. transaction.  I watch their website closely and jump on the free or special offers when they have them for products I use.
Aduana fees are based on the invoices, I guess, that accompany the shipment, or maybe they have their own valuation system.....I don't know.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down