INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traitte delivery becomes Essnap

+8
ferret
artsnob
RVGRINGO
BisbeeGal
CanuckBob
rckrckr
SunshineyDay
ComputerGuy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Traitte delivery becomes Essnap - Page 2 Empty Re: Traitte delivery becomes Essnap

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:44 am

Perhaps we should use phrases like "Awesome.mx"...

ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Traitte delivery becomes Essnap - Page 2 Empty Re: Traitte delivery becomes Essnap

Post by slainte39 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:54 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well IMO its the best you will find around here and I've tried them all. Boston pizza won't deliver here.....lol.

As gringal says, you have to grade on the curve.
I don´t understand this "back home" BS, when this is "home".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:47 am

If you are referring to my statement: "Awesome"? You've been away from Canada for too long, my friend..." then I have to take issue with your comment. The only reason I can see for it is that you somehow took my sentence to suggest that I want things here to be more like where I came from.

There certainly is enough of that attitude from "certain people" on TOB, always complaining about life here, yet never leaving. And never admitting they stay because they can't afford to go "back home".

No, I was commening on how Bob's tastebuds might have changed since he moved here. For me, there is no pizza like where I come from, and I consider Mexico my "home" now. But I have two homes, and one of them has everybody and everything I grew up with: my kids, my brothers, my friends from college, and so on. And my country of birth.

Is it politically incorrect to live in Mexico and say I prefer the escargots from France? The tortiere pie from Quebec? The lobster from Nova Scotia where I lived for two years? The shrimp from Cape Hatteras? The gumbo from New Orleans? I don't think so. It doesn't mean I want to change anything about where I call home now.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:01 am

I believe the guys from M&J's (ex Perry's) were trained by a woman from Dominos who joined Perry and brought Dominos dough recipes. Both Perry's and M&J don't have the consistency and delivery times anywhere close to Dominos.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:24 am

For quality control purposes Domino's in the US makes it dough at a dozen of its own dough facilities and ships the dough to the stores. This sort of centralized control over core products is true for most fast food restaurants.

No idea if it is handled differently here in MX.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:36 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:If you are referring to my statement: "Awesome"? You've been away from Canada for too long, my friend..." then I have to take issue with your comment. The only reason I can see for it is that you somehow took my sentence to suggest that I want things here to be more like where I came from.

There certainly is enough of that attitude from "certain people" on TOB, always complaining about life here, yet never leaving. And never admitting they stay because they can't afford to go "back home".

No, I was commening on how Bob's tastebuds might have changed since he moved here. For me, there is no pizza like where I come from, and I consider Mexico my "home" now. But I have two homes, and one of them has everybody and everything I grew up with: my kids, my brothers, my friends from college, and so on. And my country of birth.

Is it politically incorrect to live in Mexico and say I prefer the escargots from France? The tortiere pie from Quebec? The lobster from Nova Scotia where I lived for two years? The shrimp from Cape Hatteras? The gumbo from New Orleans? I don't think so. It doesn't mean I want to change anything about where I call  home now.

I understand what you are saying. I have spent a couple of years cumulative time in Ireland and there is so much I miss about the food there that I don´t even know where to start, but I am here, so that is that.  The best pizza I remember was when I worked in Chicago for about a year, nothing here even comes close, but I am here, so that is that.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Hmmmm.....Chicago deep pan pizza. The problem I find here, even with Dominos is the cheese doesn't seem to be quite right. Maybe not mozzarella or a pale imitation. Its more like manchango or chihuhua cheese.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:42 pm

slainte39 wrote:I understand what you are saying. I have spent a couple of years cumulative time in Ireland and there is so much I miss about the food there that I don´t even know where to start, but I am here, so that is that.  The best pizza I remember was when I worked in Chicago for about a year, nothing here even comes close, but I am here, so that is that.

Ah, but I get to go back every couple of years or so, and I make sure I meet my friends at my two favourite pizza places asap. I also make whoever picks me up at the airport stop at Harvey's Burgers for a double order of onion rings and a veggie burger. Heaven. So even though I am here, I am also there.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:36 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Hmmmm.....Chicago deep pan pizza. The problem I find here, even with Dominos is the cheese doesn't seem to be quite right. Maybe not mozzarella or a pale imitation. Its more like manchango or chihuhua cheese.

The problem here, is that the Chicago pizzerias were controlled by Al Capone, and he had "standards" that they had better live up to, even long after he was gone….. lol!

I think you are right, even the mozzarella here doesn´t come up to the Chicago taste.

Last edited by slainte39 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:44 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:
slainte39 wrote:I understand what you are saying. I have spent a couple of years cumulative time in Ireland and there is so much I miss about the food there that I don´t even know where to start, but I am here, so that is that.  The best pizza I remember was when I worked in Chicago for about a year, nothing here even comes close, but I am here, so that is that.

Ah, but I get to go back every couple of years or so, and I make sure I meet my friends at my two favourite pizza places asap. I also make whoever picks me up at the airport stop at Harvey's Burgers for a double order of onion rings and a veggie burger. Heaven. So even though I am here, I am also there.

And when I get to Dublin the first place I hit is Burdock´s or Beshoff´s for fish (Cod) and chips.  When I come "home", I put on my Mexican sombrero, and hopefully go to my Consuegra´s house for carne en su jugo.   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 am

slainte39 wrote:
The problem here, is that the Chicago pizzerias were controlled by Al Capone, and he had "standards" that they had better live up to, even long after he was gone….. lol!

I think you are right, even the mozzarella here doesn´t come up to the Chicago taste.

Certainly was "interesting times", as it involved gang hangouts, distribution routes for dope, and "suggesting" that pizza places use their cheese (while burning down the other cheese farms). But it was a pretty big scene for La Cosa Nostra, and Big Al owned the "preferred" mozz farm.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:53 am

Dayum! From Traitte to Al Capone! This could be a record! lolol

Has anyone tried the new app? I got a message from Traitte saying if I didn't download the new app I could still order using the Traitte app for a limited time. Whaa? Also noticed some restaurants missing from the line-up.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:07 am

I used the new app on Saturday for Vancouver Wings with no problem (the problem came from Vancouver Wings: why not try the poutine, I thought? Now I know why: no gravy.

It seems over the weekend they added back a lot of those missing restaurants.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:14 am

No gravy? On Poutine? That's sacrilegious!!!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:15 am

Oh, good! Thanks. I will download it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:56 am

They appear to be "unclear on the concept"...
Traitte delivery becomes Essnap - Page 2 3gEu2rXdBccuOhl2xj8R9zl7NDmg5xwO9_13Ze-MJZ_p1tXKAo52hcVjxEMAYNHO5MgbijEthvcoXAo7bngIbuzMQ-sRES0Qs4dlBPrwdo3hNjiW
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:08 am

ComputerGuy wrote: ...... And when I make my own, I simply add toppings to Kirkland frozen cheese pizza and put it in my Breville on the pizza setting.

fyi, just back from El Torito and noticed they had the multi-pack Kirkland frozen pizzas.  Never saw it there before, but I don't delve into their frozen foods too often. Did not see a shelf price.  El Torito stepped up their game during the stay-at-home.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:22 am

They also sell the Kirkland frozen pizza's individually AND the Kirkland frozen chicken burritos(?) individually as well... and they have been doing that for well over a year.
I happened to go in there nearly every Sunday after brunch at Scallions.
p.s. there is an Italian ice cream in a rectangular plastic tub that is to DIE for... my favourite is the hazelnut chocolate. ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:22 pm

Always a well-managed store. Family members take turns running the various businesses at the plaza. A shame they contracted with Cinemagic to run the theatres... when David or Oscar ran it, it was a much tighter ship. (A financial decision, of course.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2