INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Mask . . .

+15
kiko
Heem
Marrell
Intercasa
ComputerGuy
CHILLIN
BisbeeGal
Dostortas
ferret
Rosa Venus
slainte39
gringal
mudgirl
Jreboll
Trailrunner
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Mask . . . Empty A Mask . . .

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:50 pm

A Mask . . . 10545510
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mrs. De likes this post

Back to top Go down

A Mask . . . Empty Re: A Mask . . .

Post by Jreboll Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:59 pm

I wish I could go back and warn all of my co-workers in surgery about the dangers of wearing a mask. How many millions of surgery workers, cafeteria workers, etc. are working under these dangerous conditions? There should be an investigation into this.
If any of these protesters ever have a surgical procedure they should demand that everyone take off their masks.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Abbie and Mrs. De like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:26 pm

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/how-a-cognitive-failing-explains-why-so-many-people-reject-the-facts-about-the-pandemic/

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Just to consider: On the drive today from Ajijic Centro to Don David's chicken sales place on the Libramiento, I counted over 44 people walking without a mask. Few with. Wouldn't be surprised if the number of cases starts rising.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:18 pm

We are constantly being lied to! From POTUS to big pharm, big food, big business, big medicine, fake news, big finance, and on and on and on.

When you read an article now, in order to determine if it is truthful or not, you must deconstruct it searching for who wrote it, who funded the study, who published it, who the sponsors are etc.

There is no truth anymore. Everyone has an agenda. We are morally bankrupt.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 pm

A very big piece of the puzzle is the president. If he constantly belittles others in authority then everyone’s mindset begins to change. Trump has been very influential in swaying his followers to doubt the news media and all others who don’t go along with his agenda. At the same time he constantly lies and confuses everyone else.
One of my answers is to simplify my life and be as self-sufficient as I can be.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Me too, Jreboll. I strive to be as self-sufficient and self-contained as possible. And I think I'm doing pretty well in that regard, but I wish I had some land so I could bump it up. The isolation is getting old though. 

And you're right, POTUS certainly is at the hub. But much of the lies, deceit, and bullshit we are fed is decades old.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:23 pm

9,000 new cases in Florida in the past 24 hours and there are still these deranged idiots foaming at the mouth:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/florida-man-melts-down-in-crazed-anti-mask-town-hall-appearance-i-will-not-be-muzzled-like-a-mad-dog/

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:32 pm

gringal wrote:Just to consider:  On the drive today from Ajijic Centro to Don David's chicken sales place on the Libramiento, I counted over 44 people walking without a mask. Few with.  Wouldn't be surprised if the number of cases starts rising.

gringal, I don´t dispute what you saw, and it´s not good, but I am mainly concerned about the businesses that I frequent that are necessary for me, or that I choose to go to, and family and friends that I am in close contact with.  If they, the
businesses and/or clientele, are not practicing the correct protocol, then I don´t go. I can no more police the people walking the streets and highways here any more than I can the beaches in Florida. So far, the businesses I am in contact with are doing a good job.
I hope Don David and the customers there were doing the right protocol or I wouldn´t be buying his chicken.
People everywhere in the world are not complying like they should, all you can do is protect yourself and stay away from problem spots.  The malecón doesn´t sound like a good place to avoid people not wearing masks, but maybe you can see them coming and get out of their way.
You can do a lot not to become a statistic even in the so called "hot spots".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mrs. De likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:10 pm

Don David's employees are complying with the safety regs. We only patronize the places that do. Others can take whatever risks they choose, but as a person in the highest risk category, that's not for me. I stay in the car while esposo does the shopping.
I don't go walking anywhere as yet beyond my house.

But, like most everyone else....this is getting very old now.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:20 pm

I admit that if I'm walking outside, and I'm nowhere near anybody, I don't wear the mask. It hangs over my ear at the ready. If someone approaches me or vice versa, I put it on. And any time I walk into a business or place where I know there will be people I wear it.

I find wearing it miserable. Within seconds (not kidding) of putting it on my nose starts running and dripping. So I only wear it when I'm in the proximity of others.

I suppose I'll get lambasted now.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:29 pm

I won't lambast you- I do basically the same thing. If I'm not in proximity to anyone else, or walking through a heavily trafficked area, I don't see the need for a mask. although I do think it sends a good signal to others, maybe give them the idea they should be wearing one, too.
I don't find wearing it miserable, but it's pretty hot now with the summer weather. When I go out shopping, I have 4 clean masks with me in the car. I'll mask up, go into a store, come back to the car, unload whatever I've bought where I don't come in contact with it, sanitize my hands and the door handle I touched, grab the mask by the elastic, pull it off carefully and drop it on the floor of the car. Repeat the process when I go to the next place. I converse with neighbors, maintaining a distance, without a mask. But when the vegetable truck comes by, I mask up to peruse his wares. He doesn't wear a mask and I wish he would, I just try to stand where he's not breathing in my direction.
When I get home from shopping, I take any masks I've used, wash them and hang to dry in the sun.
If your nose itches and runs when you put the mask on, perhaps you're allergic to whatever material it's made of- maybe try a different type.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:13 am

So simple, so effective and so stupid that some people won't do it...
A Mask . . . Hygene10
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Trailrunner and Mrs. De like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:07 am

Same here Rosa Venus. I walk my dogs very early in the morning so to avoid encounters with others. I have my mask on my chin but I don’t wear it over my face at 6:30 in the morning when I’m the only one out on the streets of La Floresta walking around. Most days I see no one at all except for the occasional car passing by. If I see someone approaching, I put my mask up.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:40 am

I'm doing the same with my mask when walking around my neighborhood, under the nose until I see someone - who most surely will not be masked - then pull it up and turn away. Out in real public it's up all the time and sometimes I double mask. 

I was walking the dog around the corner from my house last week when a doctor friend and neighbor pulled up to me to chat. Unmasked. I asked why he wasn't using a mask and he shrugged and said he didn't believe in all that and no one he knew had the virus and none of his doctor friends used masks either. I was speechless. He kept leaning farther out the window and I was trapped by a fence behind me, a phone pole on my right, and my dog at my feet. As much as I wanted to debate the topic to see where his head was at and to ask him what he thought a half million people worldwide had died from all I really wanted to do was escape. I mumbled good luck with that and squeezed between the fence and pole and got away from him and he sped off. I'm still stunned.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A Mask . . . Empty FDA approves a drug that reduces your chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:44 am

FDA approves a drug that reduces your chance of getting COVID-19 by 5X

Its trade name is Wearamaskasshole. Side effects include mild inconvenience, being ostracized by anti-vaxxers, and the power to stop your own asymptomatic transmission as we dive into the next viral wave.

Check with your doctor (or really anyone) to see if Wearamaskasshole is right for you.

*Shared from a reliable source: Everyone with a remedial understanding of how infectious diseases are transmitted.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Guiness likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:49 am

Hahahaha, great post, BG.    lol!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Absolutely! A great post.
I am now back to having a housekeeper once a week, finally. She takes a taxi here and I drive her home. She is wearing her mask when she arrives and then we we each head to opposite parts of the house... then we both put masks back on when we get in the car. The minute she's out of the car, I drop my mask onto one ear and BREATHE.
She's into her third weekend back and I am SO grateful.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Guiness likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm

Trailrunner wrote: Unmasked. I asked why he wasn't using a mask and he shrugged and said he didn't believe in all that and no one he knew had the virus and none of his doctor friends used masks either. I was speechless.

Great. Doctors who don't believe in science. Guess you don't have to be all that smart to pass medical school.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Workers on the front line treating this disease should really be using HEPA filter masks. They screen out 99.9% of particles. N95 is 95.5%. I asked my doctor if she knew anybody who might want to borrow my supplied air HEPA, she said everbody she knew was keeping up. It is a 3M breathe easy system with 3 active cartridges.

Elon Musk offered ventilators to hospitals, it turns out they were a type of CPAP machine, which is a lower volume than ventilators. The hospitals did not want them but I am sure he had experts advise him that this was what was needed.

https://www.alaskasleep.com/blog/bipap-therapy-bilevel-positive-airway-pressure
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:28 pm

It's all common sense, really, right? (Not suggesting there is a lot of that going around.) When I go walking in the early morning, only a very few people are on foot. Some walking dogs, some walking to work. Every so often I see a neighbour; one stays masked, the other doesn't. Unless... we get closer than 10 or 12 feet away from each other, then we both pull our masks up. But breathing doesn't cause the virus to linger in the air like a cloud, enveloping those who may walk behind you in the next 1/2 hour, or across the street, like a fog in a Steven King novel.

In SuperLake this morning, I was masked and walking towards the rear of the store when a woman came up beside me from a perpendicular aisle. She was masked, too. Man, we musta been 5 feet apart, but she gasped and froze to the spot. Oh, come on. And each time I saw her as we made our rounds, she would duck down the nearest alleyway. I can only assume I strike a fearsome, death-like figure as I trundle around with my basket full of evil goodies. (Others in the store were apparently ghosts.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:45 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:It's all common sense, really, right? (Not suggesting there is a lot of that going around.) When I go walking in the early morning, only a very few people are on foot. Some walking dogs, some walking to work. Every so often I see a neighbour; one stays masked, the other doesn't. Unless... we get closer than 10 or 12 feet away from each other, then we both pull our masks up. But breathing doesn't cause the virus to linger in the air like a cloud, enveloping those who may walk behind you in the next 1/2 hour, or across the street, like a fog in a Steven King novel.

In SuperLake this morning, I was masked and walking towards the rear of the store when a woman came up beside me from a perpendicular aisle. She was masked, too. Man, we musta been 5 feet apart, but she gasped and froze to the spot. Oh, come on. And each time I saw her as we made our rounds, she would duck down the nearest alleyway. I can only assume I strike a fearsome, death-like figure as I trundle around with my basket full of evil goodies. (Others in the store were apparently ghosts.)

What are you talking about???
They were running for their lives and hiding from you long before this virus ever came upon the scene. A Mask . . . 374777

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

ComputerGuy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:49 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I'm doing the same with my mask when walking around my neighborhood, under the nose until I see someone - who most surely will not be masked - then pull it up and turn away. Out in real public it's up all the time and sometimes I double mask. 

I was walking the dog around the corner from my house last week when a doctor friend and neighbor pulled up to me to chat. Unmasked. I asked why he wasn't using a mask and he shrugged and said he didn't believe in all that and no one he knew had the virus and none of his doctor friends used masks either. I was speechless. He kept leaning farther out the window and I was trapped by a fence behind me, a phone pole on my right, and my dog at my feet. As much as I wanted to debate the topic to see where his head was at and to ask him what he thought a half million people worldwide had died from all I really wanted to do was escape. I mumbled good luck with that and squeezed between the fence and pole and got away from him and he sped off. I'm still stunned.

That´s all you can do.  I don´t preach or lecture anybody, just tell them I´ll see you later when you have a mask or call me on the phone or send a WhatsApp.  Simple as that.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 am

You're right, Slainte. I tell them I am high-risk and if they want to talk to me they have to use a mask. Then I escape from them. Keep doing that Slainte, I want you to be a survivor too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 am

So then the IQ test would be like:

No mask - Mentally retarded
Cheap mask with nose showing - Slight mental retardation

(Not sure where cloth or large homemade masks leaving huge gaping spaces or the super thin cheap masks fit in)

N95 mask with other mask on top or Chemical gas mask - Genius
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Mrs. De likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down