INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volaris Airport Usage Fee

+7
inthecolumbiagorge
ComputerGuy
RickS
brigitte
lakeside7
BisbeeGal
Dostortas
11 posters

Go down

Volaris Airport Usage Fee Empty Volaris Airport Usage Fee

Post by Dostortas Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Booking a flight on Volaris and a message pops up about Airport Usage fees which they claim have always been charged...I don’t remember that but okay. I thought perhaps it was only for certain destinations but noticed it applies to all domestic flights that I checked and the rate varies depending on your destination. Flying to MEX for example, the usage fee was double what it was for CUN. I’ve read many complaints on social media from unhappy passengers who claim their flights were canceled and a credit was issued for considerably less than what they paid. I didn’t quite understand how that could happen except now I’m thinking perhaps they were not reimbursed for the airport fee. I tried to add the screenshot of their message but it didn’t work, I’m sure it’s a user error on my end, lol. Basically the message says this charge is paid to the airport and does not go to Volaris. In order to complete your purchase, you must add this amount on to the total. For Mexico City the additional airport usage fee was $2054 for 2 people. That’s pretty hefty. Has volaris canceled your flight recently? Did you receive a full refund including any airport usage fees?

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Volaris Airport Usage Fee Empty Re: Volaris Airport Usage Fee

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:01 pm

Right now, an airline would have to pay me to fly Very Happy
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:24 pm

I enjoy using Volaris direct flight to Miami..but their web page is a minefield to navigate, I sometimes in desperation will talk to a "real person" and I get charged $5 for that!!

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:35 pm

I nver paid that before or if I paid it it was burried somewhere, but no choice if you want to fly them. I fly them a lot and they always try to charge you doe one thing or another on their site.. To answer your question it is a new charge from them but heck if you want to fly them you have no choice.. the other charges they love to get you on isinsurrance and a bunch of others but you can decline those,...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:52 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:Right now, an airline would have to pay me to fly Very Happy

We've been all along thinking that also! But more and more we are hearing, from sources other than the airlines themselves or their propaganda machines, that flying may be about the safest thing one can do 'inside'. This is assuming proper use of masks and distancing. Their air filtration systems are supposed to be far superior to anything else where we breath 'contained' air. AND they introduce fresh air such that it's not just recirculating the same ole same ole.

And that also the airports themselves are cleaner than they have ever been due to constant spraying and wiping down all surfaces. But the BIG plus is that there is just nobody flying so there are no crowds. Like flying 30 years ago one person said.

BUT.... I'm not quite ready to fly yet either B-Gal.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:54 am

So has anyone had volaris cancel their flight recently? Did they issue a full refund including any airport fees?

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:02 am

A friend just flew in from Ontario and there was no "distancing" of any kind. Plane was packed. Not sure of the cities, but Mexico was the last before Guad.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:48 am

Good info....

When I've flown Volaris in the past from Denver to Guadalajara, the airplane is always full and is 99% Mexican Nationals. I'm wondering if the same is/might be true coming from Ontario Canada to Mexico.

That is probably one airline/route that does not meet my commentd about not being crowded.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:07 am

we had volaris and vivaaerobus cancelled our flights but they do not refund they offered other flights We only fly them within Mexico.
I originally bought insurrance but it does not work with a pandemia so no point buying any insurrance.. Right now I have a flight that I changed back in April and is coming up tuesday , I am changing it again.. for later...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Dostortas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:36 pm

I had a flight in April that was cancelled by Volaris and I never got a refund or a credit even though I spent over 3 hours trying to get in contact with someone I could communicate with:/ Had to pay for a different flight home from Oregon even though I had obviously already paid for the flight that they cancelled.
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:25 pm

Maybe they have differnt polcies for international flights.. I have been getting other flights and allowed to change flights on Volaris several times in the last few months

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:30 am

RickS wrote:
BisbeeGal wrote:Right now, an airline would have to pay me to fly Very Happy

We've been all along thinking that also!  But more and more we are hearing, from sources other than the airlines themselves or their propaganda machines, that flying may be about the safest thing one can do 'inside'. This is assuming proper use of masks and distancing.  Their air filtration systems are supposed to be far superior to anything else where we breath 'contained' air. AND they introduce fresh air such that it's not just recirculating the same ole same ole.

And that also the airports themselves are cleaner than they have ever been due to constant spraying and wiping down all surfaces. But the BIG plus is that there is just nobody flying so there are no crowds. Like flying 30 years ago one person said.

BUT.... I'm not quite ready to fly yet either B-Gal.

The safest thing I can do "inside" is to stay home, and only shop at places where there is enforced mask wearing and distancing, which is exactly what I've been doing since March. And you couldn't pay me to go through airports and sit on an airplane now.

Friend had to fly to Colorado a month and a half ago, it was something she couldn't get out of doing. She is a high risk person, due to having had cancer and basically suited up like some astronaut, with no part of her skin and body exposed. She said on the way up, the plane was almost empty, and she felt really relaxed about it. So she wasn't expecting what she experienced on the return flight- the plane was totally packed.

A year from now I fully expect people to be coming down with all sorts of mysterious ailments from being surrounded by all these disinfectants being sprayed everywhere. I don't use any of that stuff, hardly, nor hand sanitizer. I do carry and use the hand sanitizer when I have to go out, but at home, it's soap and water for my hands, as well as everything else. If washing your hands for 20 seconds deactivates the virus, why wouldn't washing surfaces and your grocery packaging with soap and water achieve the same result? Lysol is laughing all the way to the bank.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Dostortas dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:32 am

yes you have a point on the gel and disinfectant versus soap.. Also there is plenty of gel with Methanol in it and hate putting on my hands stuff without knowing what is i it ..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Just don't use AeroMexico. I have to for economic reasons but if I could I would never use them. I had a voucher ( from Canada ) to use and called them and they guy said I could use it to book online even if it was in Canadian dollars. He said when you book online and get to the end you put in your CC info and the a window will come up to ask if you are using a voucher. I did as he explained but no window can up right away so I thought it would then come up when I click "next ". Nope, it took my CC and charged me for the whole flight.
I phoned them right away and told them that I had phoned earlier and asked how to book with a voucher and said that I was charged the full amount. Told them the name of the guy I talked too.
Their come back was sorry to bad. You have to cancel that flight and rebook and you will get a refund in July 2021 or get another voucher.
I know they have filed for a bankruptcy as have many airlines but since I can't drive down and I need to get there for renewing a visa I unfortunately had no choice.
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:30 pm

My flight (GDL to MIA) for July 2 was canceled. I got an email from them offering me another flight or a voucher for double the amount, good for one year. That was not going to work for us (Covid). I called the customer service number in the email, and talked to a service person who spoke understandable English. I explained that we would not be able to reschedule until the pandemic was over and assured the rep we would book again when that situation occurred. They gave me a full refund (flight only) back to my credit card within 6 weeks. The whole process was easy peasy.

DELTA on the other hand, would not refund anything. I had flight insurance and went through the complicated process of filing for a refund and succeeded after 3 months time (and many emails)

Refunds are flights only, not the fees.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:50 pm

RoyD wrote:My flight (GDL to MIA) for July 2 was canceled. I got an email from them offering me another flight or a voucher for double the amount, good for one year. That was not going to work for us (Covid). I called the customer service number in the email, and talked to a service person who spoke understandable English. I explained that we would not be able to reschedule until the pandemic was over and assured the rep we would book again when that situation occurred. They gave me a full refund (flight only) back to my credit card within 6 weeks. The whole process was easy peasy.

DELTA on the other hand, would not refund anything. I had flight insurance and went through the complicated process of filing for a refund and succeeded after 3 months time (and many emails)

Refunds are flights only, not the fees.

RoyD

Was this Volaris or AeroMexico ?
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:40 pm

Volaris.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:56 am

They should have refunded the fees as well since you did not use the flights this no fees due to governments, airports .

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:28 am

I had three different airlines for my trip United, Delta, & Volaris. None refunded the fees, just the actual flight cost. United gave me a voucher, which my wife will use to go to Seattle for our nephews funeral.

2020 will definitely be the the year we will talk about the rest of our lives.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:05 am

Airline 'fees' are collected on the behalf of other 'agencies'. Maybe the reason they are not refunded is that the airlines would 'play hell' trying to recover them? So, the customer suffers. Not the only time this happens.

RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 pm

They wouldn't pay back my luggage fees.
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Well then they are just snots!
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:08 pm

RickS wrote:Well then they are just snots!

LOL. I couldn't agree more
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm

This just ticks me off to no end. The airlines are trying to skirt the law. Charging luggage fees, airport usage fees and cancelling flights and not reimbursing people for additional fees they charge to passengers is criminal. Plain and simple. Not a lot of industries can get away with these kinds of practices. Meanwhile your tax dollars are going to end up bailing them out.

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:39 pm

The government of Canada, USA and Mexico are all complicit in not making the airline companies pay them back. They don't want the airlines coming to them for a bailout so they let them steal.
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down