INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorado tells vaccine providers to not ask for IDs

+9
ferret
BisbeeGal
MexicoPete
mattoleriver
ComputerGuy
brigitte
Jreboll
kiko
RickS
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Colorado tells vaccine providers to not ask for IDs Empty Colorado tells vaccine providers to not ask for IDs

Post by RickS Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:45 am

The Denver Post

Colorado’s public health department on Sunday sent a letter to the hundreds of providers across the state that are vaccinating residents against COVID-19, directing them not to require government IDs or other documentation before people are inoculated. Medical facilities and local health agencies that do not follow the state’s directive may lose access to their vaccine supply.

“It is imperative that individuals are not denied access to the vaccine due to their documentation status or inability to get government- issued identification,” Bookman wrote.

The message to Coloradans, Bookman wrote to the providers, should be: “Whether you are a U.S. citizen or not, we are all in this together. If you would like a vaccine, you will be able to get one according to what vaccine phase you are in.”

This is how a state, that is lead by a Democrat and actually cares about all people, conducts its business!
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39, ComputerGuy, Smartalex, Lucky Girl and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Colorado tells vaccine providers to not ask for IDs Empty Re: Colorado tells vaccine providers to not ask for IDs

Post by kiko Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 am

This is how a state, that is lead by a Democrat and actually cares about all people, conducts its business!

It is also basic common sense.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Colorado tells vaccine providers to not ask for IDs Empty Re: Colorado tells vaccine providers to not ask for IDs

Post by Jreboll Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 am

I’ve heard similar stories in Florida and here in Texas. Newscasts were saying that Canadians and people from Argentina were given vaccines in Florida. When I had my shot in San Antonio, TX I was not asked for ID.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:41 am

The 'decree' in Colorado is aimed at making sure that our undocumented neighbors will also have access to the Covid vaccine. This is prudent for them and all of us.

The Colorado plan was/is not intended to serve Canadians and Argentines  but I guess some of them might apply and not be turned away either.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:36 am

Make sense that anyone being in the area should be vaccinated... obviously people will not be vaccinated a bunch of time o once it is done it work for everyone.. I just do not see thousands of people going to a place just to get the vaccine..I know I am not flying anywhere to get vaccinated earlier.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:06 pm

I guess you haven't seen the images of Disneyland in Cali and other "super vaccination" sites where cars are lining up for miles.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:09 pm

So you know they all come from other places?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Really, who cares?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:30 pm

I don´t.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:16 pm

Has Colorado completely abandoned the CDC tier system for prioritizing who is eligible for the vaccine? Is it completely first come, first served with no preference given for occupation or susceptibility?
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:16 pm

No, not at all.  There are 3 Phases. Phase 1 was originally High Risk health care and Long Term Care occupants and workers.  A few weeks ago a 1B phase was added for Moderate risk health care AND 'over 70' individuals.  They started giving vaccinations to those about 2 weeks ago... I got lucky and got my first 1 week ago and the 2nd will be Feb. 1st. My wife has yet to be called for her first. Frontline essentials are in 1B but won't start until March 1.

Phase 2 is 60-69 and higher risk 16-59 and will be done in 'the Spring'

Phase 3 is all others and will begin in 'the summer'.

All of this, of course, depends on adequate vaccine being available and no more surprises (sorry, there is none warehoused like we said there was!)
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

mattoleriver likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:59 am

And......

The Denver Post

About 40,000 older Coloradans will get their first COVID-19 shot a few weeks earlier than initially planned after the state on Monday ordered providers to stop holding back second doses.

In a letter sent to vaccine providers, Gov. Jared Polis directed hospitals and others to stop holding back doses for current patients’ second shots. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses, spaced three or four weeks apart, respectively.

Polis estimated that the doses currently held in reserve for future weeks will allow about 40,000 more people to get vaccinated this week. The state expects about 83,000 doses to arrive this week, meaning more than 120,000 people can get their first shot, he said.

People who are due for their second dose can receive it as scheduled, Polis said. If unexpected delays in vaccine supplies come later, hospitals can reduce their first doses to ensure everyone gets a second dose on time, the letter said.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 am

No offense, but surely there is a Colorado board for this kind of discussion. I don't see how it affects me in Mexico.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Hey ComputerGuy, let me bring you up to date on how the vaccine distribution is going up here in Seattle.. ... Only kidding. :) Very Happy But once I get my two shots, I'm coming home to Ajijic
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

ComputerGuy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:No offense, but surely there is a Colorado board for this kind of discussion. I don't see how it affects me in Mexico.
I am happy to hear about CO and any other state programs, especially regarding eligibility for out of state residents.  

If MEX drops the ball with its contracts/distribution and/or only offers Russian and Chinese vaccines, I would consider a flight north to get vaccinated.  I would like to know what states would welcome me for that.

I have weeded through many posts about Tom Horton donuts and never complained that such discussions didn't affect me here in MEX.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:10 pm

LOL! Not that many posts BG... it's TIM Horton. ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:15 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:No offense, but surely there is a Colorado board for this kind of discussion. I don't see how it affects me in Mexico.
I am happy to hear about CO and any other state programs, especially regarding eligibility for out of state residents.  

If MEX drops the ball with its contracts/distribution and/or only offers Russian and Chinese vaccines, I would consider a flight north to get vaccinated.  I would like to know what states would welcome me for that.

I have weeded through many posts about Tom Horton donuts and never complained that such discussions didn't affect me here in MEX.

Based on my last official count, there are at least a ZILLION places to get that information.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:19 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:

Based on my last official count, there are at least a ZILLION places to get that information.

For anything of import and timeliness on the web, FIRST HAND info from feet on the ground is the best source. @RickS is there, knowledgeable and I appreciate his comments.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:20 pm

I'm gonna think out loud here and hope that someone can set my mind at ease...
Does anyone see any problems getting a different lot number of the same vaccine for their second dose?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm

I looked, as I imagine you also did, and saw no references to Lot # within that scenario.  I get my 2nd Pfyzer shot in two weeks and will note on my card if it is from the same Lot.  That will be anecdotal and thus not a definitive answer but....
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:40 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:

For anything of import and timeliness on the web, FIRST HAND info from feet on the ground is the best source.   @RickS is there, knowledgeable and I appreciate his comments.  

I'll keep that in mind as I go on my favourite pizza oven chatboard, and start a thread about AMLO's plans for the vaccine in Mexico.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:03 pm

RickS wrote:I looked, as I imagine you also did, and saw no references to Lot # within that scenario.  I get my 2nd Pfyzer shot in two weeks and will note on my card if it is from the same Lot.  That will be anecdotal and thus not a definitive answer but....

It is the very fact that they ARE recording the lot #'s on your record card that triggered my question. One of my granddaughters works part time in a senior's home in Newmarket, Ontario and is in her first year University (remotely)... she got her Pfizer vaccine a week and a half ago. Now, Canada is being shorted a whole shipment of that vaccine Shocked Smokealot
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:17 pm

"It is the very fact that they ARE recording the lot #'s on your record card that triggered my question".

Lot numbers are listed on tons of things. I'm pretty sure the purpose is to be able to issue warnings and recalls if a batch of anything, be it a vaccine or a bag of dog food, proves to be contaminated or defective.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:23 pm

OK, here's my bet.... the Lot # on my second Pfizer shot will..... NOT be the same as on my first. Taking bets.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:52 pm

ferret,
For What It's Worth: California is withholding a specific Lot # of the Moderna vaccine after that particular Lot # produced a higher number of severe allergic reactions. To me it seems reasonable to keep track of the Lot #.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next