INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps)

+2
ComputerGuy
casi nada
6 posters

Go down

Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps) Empty Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps)

Post by casi nada Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:19 am

I have the Ilox AN5506-02-F Modem.  Is anybody using a router that is negotiating with the modem at 1000Mbps?
If so, what is the make and model of the router?  I have a TP Link Archer A9 and I can't get it to communicate with the modem at more than 100Mbps, so all my wireless devices are capped at 100Mbps. I have the 350Mpbs package with Ilox.

Thanks

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps) Empty Re: Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps)

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:18 am

You might want to check first your ethernet cable between the modem and the router. Cat5 can't handle the speed. Cat5e and Cat6 will. My own Netgear R6700 router shows an orange light rather than a white light when a port is connected with a restricted-speed cable.

But WiFi is a different beast. While I typically now get 350Mbps via direct cable, the WiFi from the router never goes above 85Mbps.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps) Empty Re: Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps)

Post by casi nada Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:43 am

ComputerGuy wrote:You might want to check first your ethernet cable between the modem and the router. Cat5 can't handle the speed. Cat5e and Cat6 will. My own Netgear R6700 router shows an orange light rather than a white light when a port is connected with a restricted-speed cable.

But WiFi is a different beast. While I typically now get 350Mbps via direct cable, the WiFi from the router never goes above 85Mbps.

Thanks, I've tried several cables, all Cat6.  I'm getting 95Mbps down with Wi-Fi and I think the 100Mbps limit has something to do with it. Does your router show 1000Mpbs full duplex?

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:27 am

Never bothered checking because of the throughput I get. (I is a full-duplex model set to automatic.) I might add that your WiFi devices may be limited unless they are IEEE 802.11 ac

Max max max rate of "n" is 450Mbps

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=compare+wifi+protocol+speeds
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:57 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Never bothered checking because of the throughput I get. (I is a full-duplex model set to automatic.) I might add that your WiFi devices may be limited unless they are IEEE 802.11 ac

Max max max rate of "n" is 450Mbps

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=compare+wifi+protocol+speeds

OK, I finally figured it out.  My Ilox AN5506-02-F has two Lan ports. Port 1 supports 1000Mbps while Port 2 only supports 100Mbps.  I plugged my TP Link into Port 1 and now have 240Mbps wireless (5Ghz) according to Fast.com

Even faster on Ookla.  

Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps) 10908576310

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:16 pm

You have the fastest Ilox wifi connection in the whole area......lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:12 pm

casi, everyone should be made aware that port 4 on the 4-port iLox ONT is the slow one, like port 2 on yours. Good reporting; thank you.

BUT is that your speed via ethernet or via WiFi? Today I am getting 337 down and 85 up with ethernet, but it drops to 82 down on WiFi at 5GHz.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:47 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:casi, everyone should be made aware that port 4 on the 4-port iLox ONT is the slow one, like port 2 on yours. Good reporting; thank you.

BUT is that your speed via ethernet or via WiFi? Today I am getting 337 down and 85 up with ethernet, but it drops to 82 down on WiFi at 5GHz.

Wi-Fi.  Just ran it now from my laptop which uses an Intel AC3165 Dual Band Wireless chip. 802.11 a/b/g

Ilox with TP Link Router (stuck at 100Mbps) 10909272667

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:17 pm

That is astonishing.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:11 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.  Glad there's a technical group here.  I've subscribed to Ilox, waiting for installation.  

I have a slightly related question.  Can you configure any of the Ilox modem/routers for bridge mode?

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:30 am

dvinton wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.  Glad there's a technical group here.  I've subscribed to Ilox, waiting for installation.  

I have a slightly related question.  Can you configure any of the Ilox modem/routers for bridge mode?

I guess we are not that smart at least I am not. Is this combining two internet sources?

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:15 am

Yes.
Bridge Mode Settings
Click Network(1) --> Click BroadBand Settings(2) Screen showing Internet SettingsFollow these settings(3) - Service Type ; Choose INTERNET
- Connection Type ; Choose Bridge - VLAN ID ; 33 - Priority ; 0 - Click Apply(4) - Set up the router that you want to connect to Internet, then connect both device by connecting Lan cable to the Prepared WAN - Bridge Mode Settings finished, you can access the internet.

To what purpose, can I ask?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 am

iLox has installed a FiberHome box. Its admin UI is pretty sparse, with nothing for bridging.

I asked the question because I have an IT background and like to dabble in this stuff.  Also, we're remodeling our casa, and it's being completely re-wired, which will include running cat5e wiring throughout the whole casa.  (I know what some of you are thinking but have my reasons for not running cat6.)  To support this network, I'm installing a Unifi Dream Machine Pro.  Hence, my question about bridging. It would be nice to cut out the iLox router completely. Btw the UDM-PRO supports two ISP connections with auto-failover and in the future load balancing.

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:06 am

All iLox ONTs are Fiberhome. My instructions are from the manual. I tried it myself.

Cat6 is good for outside. Cat5e is perfect for inside.

You will not be able to cut out the iLox box.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

dvinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tday Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:29 pm

interesting trying to follow the conversation !! it's all Chinese to me .

Tday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down