INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR?

+2
Gamina
gringal
6 posters

Go down

HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR? Empty HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR?

Post by gringal Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 pm

What is the best one available Lakeside?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR? Empty Re: HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR?

Post by Gamina Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:18 pm

When I was looking for one I went to, I think WalMart, and looked at what they had.  Don't look a wrist monitors--not reliable.  I noted the brands and model number, then went to the American Heart Association website and looked up the recommended models.  I selected the best available.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:18 pm

Two things: all you have to do is rest your elbow on the table so your wrist is at the same level as your heart, that's number one. Number two is that a reasonably-priced writst monitor is accurate enough by a couple of points compared to your doctor's readout that the difference is not worth worrying about.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:26 pm

A cuff style is, imho, the best. I am still using the one I bought for my hubby in 2013. It is the Panasonic model #EW3109. Takes four AA batteries. Easy to change them. And, yes, I did compare it to the Doctor's reading in his office when I started using it in 2017.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:50 am

We bought one a few weeks ago at Farmacia Guadalajara. The wrist ones don't always work on people with skinny/boney wrists.

We chose an arm/cuff, brand is Neutek and we are happy with it. It also had the biggest readout.

Go to pharmacy counter and they are on the far left side; staff was happy to show them to us.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:56 am

Thanks, all. I ordered an Omron 10 series upper arm one from Amazon which should cover the territory. The one I used to have from the local Farmacia didn't do the job.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:31 am

Was that Amazon US or Mexico? Looking at the US prices, they want $40 and more just to deliver, while Mexico is free.

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Omron-Monitor-Presi%C3%B3n-Arterial-Hem-7121J/dp/B084LJRNLW/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_es_MX=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=3PLYV5H0981&dchild=1&keywords=omron+monitor+de+presion+arterial&qid=1635258534&sprefix=omron%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-5

Although, there are so many varities, it is hard to compare directly. Most from Amazon US won't ship here or are "currently unavailable" (until you change your shipping address to the US).
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:49 pm

I've used a variety over the years and for the past several years, I have used an Omron wrist monitor. I've compared it on site with my cardio's bp measurement and it is only off by a point or 2 so not worth worrying about. Omron's wrist monitor requires that you position your arm across your body so that the monitor and the heart are in the right relative location. There is a beeper that tells you if you are in the correct place or not. Easy to use and my current version is 6 or 7 years old and still going strong. It also has software for report generation so that if you monitor over several weeks, you can print that and take it to your cardiologist.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down