INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR?

5 posters

Go down

HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR? Empty HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR?

Post by gringal Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 pm

What is the best one available Lakeside?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR? Empty Re: HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR?

Post by CHILLIN Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:43 pm

I think all the Chinese made ones are sometimes quirky, but the price is right, and the batteries last a long time. What ever you choose, get your doctor to check the reading against their stethoscopic method. One arm will be higher, depending if you are left or right handed.
Best? Probably the oura ring from Finland. This is a heart monitoring computer built into a titanium finger ring. Used to be $199, I don't know now.

https://ouraring.com/product/heritage-silver/step1?_gl=1*1ocm534*_gcl_aw*R0NMLjE2MzUxOTgyNjMuRUFJYUlRb2JDaE1JLS1hdmtzVG04d0lWNDJ4dkJCM0xFZ3ctRUFBWUFTQUNFZ0lvUF9EX0J3RQ..
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Very expensive for little information. If you feel your pulse you can get your heart rate and can detect if it’s regular.
Don’t get a wrist blood pressure device. B/p has to be taken at same level as the heart.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:37 am

Microlife BP3MS1-4K, does AFIB as well to detect heart issues.

HOME BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR? Tensiometre-electronique-automatique-microlife-bp-a200-afib-pc_2
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:40 am

As it happens, I've already been diagnosed re heart issues. No nice surprises there. Just want to keep track of the situation re state of blood pressure.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:58 pm

The Oara Ring is more than just a little information. It is like wearing an electrocardiogram machine 24 hours a day. the app can print out a five day analysis, versus the short time in a doctor's office, or a home test. It is very useful if someone is watching for Arythmia. The sleeping report is also very thorough, and can help in treatment. A lot of people have sleep problems. The one that surprised me was widespread sleeping problems of professional athletes, tremendous physical activity and stress, then they are expected to sleep, and recover, in a strange hotel room, miles from their home. This is why so many sports teams have sponsored the Ring. The latest is the U.S. Olympics Gymnastic team.

What the Ring cannot do is measure calories burned in physical activity. It uses a different technology than calorie fitness monitors (green light).Those are not too useful anyways. I was an early adopter and bought a waterproof Polar monitor. I was on a cardio machine which was supposed to work with monitors. I called a trainer over and said I think my pulse rate is too high, he looked at the machine and it said my pulse rate was 263!

edit. I just got an email this afternoon, the oura third generation now has green light leds as well as its infrared. The cost is $299 and many many more features.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:21 pm

The reason a cardiologist runs a 12 lead ekg is because this gives the doctor a different view of the heart from different angles. A ring would only give you a fraction of the information. This might be all you need or it might not. You would have to discuss with your doctor to see if it is adequate for your needs.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:16 pm

A home BP kit is strictly used as a reference. It is not meant to take the place of in-office BP checks, any more than a machine at Walgreen's. The point is, if you see a sudden rise or drop over a period of a couple of days that does not right itself, you get to a doctor. And who uses them? Generally only people who are already on medication.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:09 pm

They are claiming a 99% equivalency to commercial ECG machines. The generation 3, shipping on November 12 includes many other whole body and health monitoring features, including mental hygiene and their library of motivating tips, etc. Quite incredible actually.
https://ouraring.com/pre-order
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:45 pm

“They are claiming a 99% equivalency to commercial ECG machines. “
That is very false. There is so much information on a 12 lead ekg that many books have been written on how to interpret ekgs. I spent many years working in a coronary care unit and I only knew a fraction of what a cardiologist knew.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:18 pm

They have two studies comparing to clinical grade EKG. One is a University in California the other is internal with only 50 participants. They are claiming these results are improved from measuring from an artery in the finger versus the wrist type, which only read from capillaries. I have decided to buy one, the third generation is a vast improvement. Dr. Hector, Cardiologist and founder of Quality Care told me had seen an article about it in a professional journal but had not had the time to check it out.
This a glimpse of the future, especially for those fighting back from health conditions. It reminds me of modern automobiles, where the mechanic hooks up to a vehicles computer, and gets a full diagnosis. I am by no means a professional athlete, but that is who are buying this new gadget. Finland has great reputation for it fitness monitors and the scientists who build them.
The body temperature monitor can also spot early Covid symptoms. The National Basketball Association NBA was an early corporate sponsor, every player and team support got a Ring. When they were placed in the quarantine "bubble", they were the only professional sports group that did not any Covid cases.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 pm

They have two studies comparing to clinical grade EKG. One is a University in California the other is internal with only 50 participants. They are claiming these results are improved from measuring from an artery in the finger versus the wrist type, which only read from capillaries. I have decided to buy one, the third generation is a vast improvement. Dr. Hector, Cardiologist and founder of Quality Care told me had seen an article about it in a professional journal but had not had the time to check it out.
This a glimpse of the future, especially for those fighting back from health conditions. It reminds me of modern automobiles, where the mechanic hooks up to a vehicles computer, and gets a full diagnosis. I am by no means a professional athlete, but that is who are buying this new gadget. Finland has great reputation for it fitness monitors and the scientists who build them.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Elizabeth Holmes fooled a lot of people into believing in Theranos. Billions of dollars were lost by some very intelligent investors.
Google some of this information. You’re confusing blood pressure with EKG. “Measuring from an artery in the finger”. What are you talking about?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:08 pm

I am not investing billions, I am buying a $300 gadget. This article is all the information I require.

https://ouraring.com/blog/measuring-heart-rate/

I am starting a fairly intense workout and have to monitor my heart for arrythmia and stress. My heart has a ejection fraction of 39%, it should be over 50%. This is possible by strengthening my remaining healthy heart muscles.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:41 pm

You’re right in what you say. As soon as you’re admitted in ICU they put one of those pulsimeters around your finger. This also measures your blood oxygen saturation. They’re disposable so each patient gets a new one. Then you get 3 ekg leads placed on you and a b/p cuff(also disposable). That goes off every so often. Your. Monitor then shows all three parameters and also your breathing rate. However the information is limited so the doctor might also want to do a 12 lead EKG and maybe an echocardiogram.
My concern is that you may be reading too much into their promotional data.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:10 pm

Thank you Jreboll, I really appreciate your comments, honestly.
I find this whole concept of wearable and implantable medical devices quite fascinating. The goal now, for me, is to live long enough to try the Oura tenth generation product! Have a great weekend.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:08 pm

That's what I've ordered from Amazon. I'll report on how it works for me.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down