INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water advice please

3 posters

Go down

Water advice please Empty Water advice please

Post by Imightbewrong Sat 12 Mar 2022, 8:21 am

Good Morning.  Would like some advice on stop gap measures given that my cistern is filling at trickle and no water today.  I don’t have a water service and hate to go buy jugs of water adding plastic to my garbage.  My neighbors closest to me in Riberas are also having this issue, although one neighbor a block away isn’t having issues.  Need water to drink, for pets and a light sponge bath.  Can use pool water to flush toilets.  Thanks ahead of time for any positive suggestions.

Imightbewrong

Back to top Go down

Water advice please Empty Re: Water advice please

Post by ferret Sat 12 Mar 2022, 9:00 am

You can order a "Pipa" (truckload) of water. If it wasn't Saturday, I'd tell you to go to the Simapa office next to Oxxo in the same plaza as the Sunrise Restaurant to ask them what's going on with your water. When the problem is THEIRS, they are obligated to provide you with a truckload of water. I hesitate to recommend the private companies because who knows where their water comes from.

Last edited by ferret on Sat 12 Mar 2022, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

benjji, Plan B and Imightbewrong like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat 12 Mar 2022, 9:05 am

https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/90780-pipas-in-the-area/
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Imightbewrong Sat 12 Mar 2022, 9:22 am

Thank you Ferret, and thanks for in general being a member that looks to be helpful and positive. You are a great role model for how to be a positive citizen of this wonderful world.

Imightbewrong

Carry Bean, RVGRINGO and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sat 12 Mar 2022, 6:17 pm

There are real issues with water in the puebla. My aljibe has gone dry twice. Conserve your water, and especially don't use it on the garden.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Imightbewrong Sat 12 Mar 2022, 6:38 pm

I agree Mike. Ironically we have been kicking around drought friendly landscaping, this event will put that at the top of the project list. Take care.

Imightbewrong

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat 12 Mar 2022, 7:00 pm

I agree Mike. It's always a good idea to be a responsible water user all year round. That includes, not only being careful to not waste it, but also making sure that your water system has no leaks.
If you have a pressure system and a submersible pump in your aljibe, you are not necessarily going to hear anything untoward. However, if you have a hole of 1/16 inch in diameter in your underground pipe, you will lose ONE THOUSAND LITRES OF WATER in an eight hour period. If you have an above ground pump, you will hear it turning on and off as it wants to maintain pressure and then you will investigate because the noise is annoying and you know that no water is being used in the home.
However, most people like peace and quiet and have submersibles. So, do a check now and again. Turn off the water from the street when your aljibe is full and make sure your sprinkler system is off too. Go to bed. Don't flush even if you have to get up in the night to pee. First thing in the morning, before any water use, check the level in your aljibe. If the water level has dropped, you have a problem somewhere.

I installed an old fashioned yard stick inside my aljibe on the coast. And also knew the inside dimensions of the aljibe. With that information, if there was a drop, I could calculate how much water was lost. New construction... one tiny hole in a faulty pipe connection (in the garden fortunately before it entered the house). That's where the 1,000 litre loss calculation came from. There are 1,000 litres of water in 1 cubic meter of space in your aljibe.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Canada_Mike, kiko, dvinton and Imightbewrong like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down