INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1

+10
Intercasa
ferret
brigitte
cypress
John-in-Vallarta
NoVaDamer
mudgirl
BisbeeGal
SunshineyDay
CanuckBob
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 26, 2022 10:00 am

This is the e-mail from Bellon Insurance:

Dear customer
Because of the tax reforms issued by the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit for the year 2022, a new billing model name Version 4.0 is considered, which entered into force on January 1, 2022.
In order to correctly issue the invoice (FACTURA) for any billable transaction, the Insurance Company must have your tax information as it is registered in the “SAT” Tax Administration System.
For this reason, on April 1, 2022, you must provide to the Insurance company with the Proof of Tax Status updated no older than 30 days of the person who will appear as the holder of the policy, since without this information the insurance company will not be able to bill the issuance policy or renew it.
It is necessary that when you modify your registered information on the “SAT”, the Tax Administration System, you will have to notify the insurance company by sending your updated Tax Status Certificate again (Constancia de Situación Fiscal).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

dvinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1

Post by lammrj Thu May 26, 2022 10:11 am

Sounds like if you don't need a factura you don't need the CSF.

lammrj

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu May 26, 2022 11:07 am

IF you do not need a factura you do not have to worry about anything..so far.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 26, 2022 11:13 am

Well, my car insurance is coming up so I’ll have to tackle this mess. My health insurance is also due soon but doubt I’ll renew that since they’ve jacked up the premium price so much with the $5000.00 deductible plus having to pay 30% of the hospital bill for each stay. Evil or Very Mad

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am

My understanding is that a factura is different from a regular receipt.  You only need a factura if you are going to claim the expense on a tax return or to an insurance company.  

When I pay hospital bills here they ask me if I need a "factura" or an "estado de cuenta."  Since I don't have medical insurance here I just ask for the cuenta.

http://www.bajainsider.com/article/what-factura-official-tax-deductable-document

A Factura is a legal receipt given for goods and services in Mexico that can be used for business expenses or for deductions in Mexico businesses. The receipts you receive from most vendors are not facturas but “Nota De Remission” (a simple receipt). You must generally ask for and or go to a special office, window (caja) or cashier to receive the official receipt known as a Factura. You will have to provide your company’s address, legal corporation name and tax identification number which is called an R.F.C. or Registro Federal de Contribuyente.

https://mextax.com.mx/facturas-when-you-should-request-them/
When should I request a factura?

These are the most common scenarios where you should request a factura as an individual:

Medical Expenses – If you want to have your expenses considered for reimbursement by your Mexican insurance company, you must provide them with a factura.

Vehicle Purchases – A car´s factura is considered the title of the vehicle and must be given to the owner for all new or used vehicles. You will need this to prove ownership of the vehicle when you register it.If you sell the vehicle, the new owner will expect to be given the factura. Keep this in a safe place – Never in the vehicle!

Real Estate Transactions – You should request a factura for all real estate transactions. Everything from legal services when you purchased your home, new construction activities, and even home improvements. These facturas will be quite valuable during the sale of the home to be used as deductions if you are required to pay capital gains.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Thu May 26, 2022 12:13 pm

I do not have any income generated in Mexico. As s retiree I took copy of my last CFE bill, copy of Visa, copy of Curp, copy of my RFC obtained in 2017 to the CFE Joco office. They asked a few questions to update their system such as my address, cross streets, Fracc name and my phone number. No need for the Constancia de Situación Fiscal because I do not have income generated in Mexico, no tax return filing necessary. I have no need for facturas.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 26, 2022 12:46 pm

lammrj wrote:Sounds like if you don't need a factura you don't need the CSF.

If you read it closely it says:

For this reason, on April 1, 2022, you must provide to the Insurance company with the Proof of Tax Status updated no older than 30 days of the person who will appear as the holder of the policy, since without this information the insurance company will not be able to bill the issuance policy or renew it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu May 26, 2022 1:41 pm

Bob, that is YOUR insurance company. I just got a new policy for a new car and provided them with my CIF and it was all that they needed. I am insured with HDI at Lloyd's.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu May 26, 2022 1:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:This is the e-mail from Bellon Insurance:

Dear customer
Because of the tax reforms issued by the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit for the year 2022, a new billing model name Version 4.0 is considered, which entered into force on January 1, 2022.
In order to correctly issue the invoice (FACTURA) for any billable transaction, the Insurance Company must have your tax information as it is registered in the “SAT” Tax Administration System.
It is necessary that when you modify your registered information on the “SAT”, the Tax Administration System, you will have to notify the insurance company by sending your updated Tax Status Certificate again (Constancia de Situación Fiscal).

Tell them you don't want or need a FACTURA and see what their response is??
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 26, 2022 3:12 pm

Hey, I'm just the messenger. I gave them my document as they requested. Everyone can do as they please.........lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue May 31, 2022 9:52 am

CanuckBob wrote:I went to CFE this morning at 9:00am. I was the only one there. They only have two tellers so things could get lined up.

I took:

My last CFE bill;
A printout of my Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document;
My residency visa card

They kept the CFE bill and Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document. They took a copy of my visa card. They also required my phone number. All in all it took about 5 minutes.

Bob, Let us know if your updated RFC appears on your new CFE bill.  We went to CFE with our RFC, etc. on May 23rd (the day before you went), but the RFC was not updated on the bill we just got Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1 - Page 3 1f61e.  Our meter was read on May 27th.  Hoping it is just a timing issue and that we don't have to return to CFE.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 31, 2022 11:36 am

Someone posted somewhere that it can take a couple of billing cycles for it to appear. My next bill will be in July. I'll let you know.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:58 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I went to CFE this morning at 9:00am. I was the only one there. They only have two tellers so things could get lined up.

I took:

My last CFE bill;
A printout of my Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document;
My residency visa card

They kept the CFE bill and Proof of Fiscal/Tax Situation document. They took a copy of my visa card. They also required my phone number. All in all it took about 5 minutes.

Bob, Let us know if your updated RFC appears on your new CFE bill.  We went to CFE with our RFC, etc. on May 23rd (the day before you went), but the RFC was not updated on the bill we just got Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1 - Page 3 1f61e.  Our meter was read on May 27th.  Hoping it is just a timing issue and that we don't have to return to CFE.

Well, hallelujah!

A closer look at our last CFE bill reveals the RFC number we took to their office at the end of May. This bill (April to May, due June 13) has a really big QR code on the back, and next to it there's a crapload of numbers to the right of the new large QR code and the first one is the RFC.

So if you went to CFE you should look on the back of your next bill.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 am

Thanks for spotting that. Mine is on the back too but not on the front.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:43 am

Same here..when I compared the new CFE bill to older ones, the back of it is quite different, especially the super-sized QR code.

I don't know if that change is on all new CFE bills or is reflective of our adding the RFC to the account.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3