INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total Play---Super Slow?

+4
MexicoPete
mexbound
ferret
BisbeeGal
8 posters

Go down

Total Play---Super Slow? Empty Total Play---Super Slow?

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:26 pm

Barely getting 10 mbps. Anyone else? Ajijic Centro.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Total Play---Super Slow? Empty Re: Total Play---Super Slow?

Post by ferret Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:43 pm

You're getting better than I am... 2 mbps down and 2 mbps up. Something's amiss for sure.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:44 pm

Thx for answering! We have workers at the house and was worried it was something they did/touched. It was fine earlier today, btw.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mexbound Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:57 pm

My TotalPlay is also VERY slow as of 2:56pm Mon afternoon. I normally have 200mb down and 20mb up. My upload speed is the same at 20mb but my download speed is ugly at 2mb download.

mexbound

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm

My standard Telmex Infinitum connection that I pay $499 pesos per month for is providing me my normal 47.3Mbps down by 11.1Mbps up. I'm told that I am lucky that I live close to the Telmex office. And that folks living farther away are not as lucky, The speeds shown are what I just got and are close to what I almost always get.

I know these speeds are not good when compared to Total play, but they are all I need and the price is right
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mexbound Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:51 pm

I just rebooted my TotalPlay modem and it came back at full speed. You might try the reboot and see what you get.

mexbound

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:55 pm

Yes firing on all cylinders now.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:48 pm

Mine is back to normal and I didn't reboot...

Result ID 13337030673
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps
Ping ms 6 10 6

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:04 pm

I didn't reboot either.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:57 am

Hmmm.......it seems that Total Play is heading down the road of all the others. Great at first, then not so great. Perhaps it just takes a while for all the ridiculous line stringing to catch up with these companies. From what I have seen of the Total Play line stringing it is no wonder it lasted as long as it has.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:25 am

Telmex does lovely line stringing...on their own poles. Then they make connections in flimsy plastic boxes that allow the elements to enter and corrode the connections. I'll stick with TotalPlay. They have short problems that they manage to fix without the customer reporting... and reporting...and reporting. ILox is another one with lovely line stringing and they suck big time and always have.
BTW, I have TWO functional Telmex modems to give away. One of them hasn't even been used. I bought them on Mercado Libre after Telmex gave me a second dead modem when a corroded connection on the street was to blame. They got back the dead modem when I cancelled the service. I also told them it was muerto, rotado, decompuesto y que no funcione. I think they got the message.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mexbound Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:00 am

With my 8 months with TotalPlay I have had probably .005% downtime. My previous 12 years with TelMex the number is too big to type. I rate TotalPlay a 9 out of 10 and Telmex a 1 out of 10.

mexbound

ferret, cypress and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:17 pm

ferret wrote: They got back the dead modem when I cancelled the service. I also told them it was muerto, rotado, decompuesto y que no funcione. I think they got the message.

Nah, they probably just put it back on the shelf and handed it to the next customer. That dead modem has probably been handed to a dozen customers by now Total Play---Super Slow? 1f61c

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:00 pm

LOL. True and that's how I got the dead modem to begin with... and I told them THAT story too since they wanted to know why I was cancelling. They don't check the modems that are handed in nor do they have any means to do so.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 pm

About 10 years ago we returned two outdoor lighting fixtures to Home Depot in Guadalajara as they did not work. After doing the refund/credit at the Return Desk we went to the lighting department to see what else they had. As we stood there looking at the inventory, an employee put the non-functioning fixtures we had just returned back on the shelf.

So it's not just TelMex that does this!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:46 pm

That is also true. When we first moved to San Pancho, Nayarit, we wanted a propane BBQ but, at the time, they were not available. I travelled by bus to Guadalajara and finally tracked one down. The clerk was VERY pissed off when I asked him to open the box so I could see what I was buying. The cast iron lid was broken into three pieces. I told him to get another one and checked that one out too. As I was finally leaving the store, I saw another employee putting the resealed box with the broken one back on the shelf. Assume nothing.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

gringal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:05 am

CanuckBob wrote:Hmmm.......it seems that Total Play is heading down the road of all the others. Great at first, then not so great. Perhaps it just takes a while for all the ridiculous line stringing to catch up with these companies. From what I have seen of the Total Play line stringing it is no wonder it lasted as long as it has.
I hope Total Play is not going down the same road. But the way they string their lines is crazy.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:08 am

We just came off an eight day hiatis with TelMex... No phone, internet or TV.. Our property manager finally paid a TelMex employee to come out and check the problem... He id the problem and the next day 4 guys showed up, spent 15 minutes and we were back on line... While this is crappy service it shines compared to what we went through living in Texas... We were 1/2 hr outside of Dallas and it was like we were on Pluto for any communications landline and cell included...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:21 am

I have lived in cities and I've lived way out in the country in Canada. Country is always worse than the city BUT, in my entire life, I have NEVER experienced a telephone outage in Canada. To leave people without a means of communication in the case of an emergency is negligent beyond crappy. Also, for the record, I have never experienced the terrible service that exists HERE with Telmex. And that includes the outskirts of San Miguel de Allende in Guanajuato and the very small town of San Pancho in Nayarit.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:37 pm

I also never experienced a phone outage in Canada. And only once, as I recall, did I ever lose the electricity- it was during a big storm and it was out from around dinnertime until morning.

BC Hydro actually goes around on a regular basis and trims branches that are over or near the lines. Imagine that- preventive maintenance, instead of waiting til a branch falls on a line in a storm so everyone is without power for hours. I've almost forgotten the preventive maintenance concept after 20 years in Mexico.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down