INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you recommend to look over your meds?

+2
Jreboll
kip
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who do you recommend to look over your meds? Empty Who do you recommend to look over your meds?

Post by kip Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:30 am

I don't know about everyone else but my bod doesn't like most pharmaceuticals. I am not a fun patient.. I will not suffer in silence...I WILL bitch... but it's like if it's not something they learned in Med School...50 years ago...it doesn't exist.

The traditional guys seem to think the best way to deal with anything is to throw more drugs at it... or cut on you. My Ortho guy said that stem cell therapy would absolutely do no good..... maybe he's right...but it's sure as hell worth a try. I'm going for it.

Now what I need is someone to look at all the crap I'm taking and see if they can find something better. After the docs said my gastro paresis (which they caused with over medication) was incurable... my acupuncturist fixed it....QUICKLY.... the Afib that they told me upped my stroke risk hugely..... and was only curable by an invasive porcedure....also cured VERY QUICKLY by the same fellow. So my trust in traditional medicine is... waaaaay down.

Just need to find someone with an open mind who actually listens. The quest....is on.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Who do you recommend to look over your meds? Empty Re: Who do you recommend to look over your meds?

Post by Jreboll Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:58 am

Interesting, most afibs are hard to get rid of once they become chronic. That’s why you have to treat them asap or else you end up forming emboli which travel to your brain, kidneys, etc. acupuncturist usually don’t practice internal medicine so it’s unusual to hear about your experience.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Who do you recommend to look over your meds? Empty Re: Who do you recommend to look over your meds?

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:13 am

I can't recommend anyone, as I don't live Lakeside, but I feel exactly like you do, and have had the same experience with doctors. While western medicine is excellent at fixing things like broken bones, etc, and certainly many people owe their lives to skilled surgeons, for the most part, when it comes to internal medicine and things which are not clear-cut, or asking about non-invasive alternatives, western medicine doctors are frustrating to deal with.

Luckily I have no serious health issues that require me to be on any meducation. I once listened to a reslly inrteresting radio show on this and a naturopath they interviewed said a couple of things that impressed me. First, that when pharmaceutical comoanies

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:22 am

Jreboll wrote:Interesting, most afibs are hard to get rid of once they become chronic.  That’s why you have to treat them asap or else you end up forming emboli which travel to your brain, kidneys, etc.  acupuncturist usually don’t practice internal medicine so it’s unusual to hear about your experience.

Mine was so bad I ended up in the ER with BP over 220 thinking I was having a heart attack.  The pain was worse than when I actually had a heart attack and would last two hours.  One time when it got so bad I was heading to the ER... I sat on the toilet to put my hair up in a pony tail to get it out of the way.... while bending over... I noticed the pain going away.  After that...every time I felt it coming on... I bent over my knees and it would stop.  BUT that doesn't mean my stroke risk went down.

I mentioned it to my Acupuncturist six months later,  should have told him right away... didn't think about it.  He said he could fix it.  I had three weeks before my next Cardiologist visit.. so had him treat me three times just to be on the safe side..probably corrected it the first go round.

Asked my Cardio guy if there was any difference in my Afib...and he said WHAT Afib?  Thank you thank you Dr Yan.  Another reason why I'm looking elsewhere for health advice.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:24 am

Jreboll wrote:Interesting, most afibs are hard to get rid of once they become chronic.  That’s why you have to treat them asap or else you end up forming emboli which travel to your brain, kidneys, etc.  acupuncturist usually don’t practice internal medicine so it’s unusual to hear about your experience.

Acupuncturists treats the whole body.  Some things it works on...some things it doesn't.  We go once a month for a tune up.  Hal starts bending over and doing the "old man shuffle"  Dr Yan treats his neck  shoulders and hips.  He comes out looking taller and moviing like he's 40 years younger.

It takes forty minutes of just lying there while the needles do there work...doesn't hurt.. Hal snores so loud I'm afraid he'll bring down the roof. Completely relaxed.  I on the other hand...go into design/problem solving mode.

He's our own "fountain of youth". Beer

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:49 am

My post above got cut off and I ran out of time to edit or delete it (I wish we had longer to edit on this forum). I had a lot more to say and will finish later.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:51 am

1) Stem Cell Injections...Clinica de Rehabilitacion Integral, Carretera Poniente 234B, Ajijic Dr. Justina Jiminez Lopez Office 376 766 5563 hours are usually 9-4pm if they are busy sometimes it takes a while to answer the phone, be patient. email justynjl@hotmail.com
It is on the same lateral as Dental Express, Yves Restaurant, Marble & Granite & Aztec Art Studio

Here is a street view, building is still yellow, the entrance is under the stairs, down a long hallway to the back. Streetview is old; https://www.google.com/maps/@20.3011275,-103.2749348,3a,75y,160.57h,84.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sINdLKb0vTQGY57jOd9o9ew!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

2) Dr. Gabriel Garcia (acupuncture and alternative medicine and local source of imported 3rd party tested CBD) is located in the Laguna Mall between the Swedish Bakery and Christine's Hair Salon. He is only there Tuesdays and Fridays. Call or Whatsapp 333-368-1915
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:57 pm

There is also another stem cell therapy place in SAT under the old "Hole in One" place.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:01 pm

ferret wrote:1) Stem Cell Injections...Clinica de Rehabilitacion Integral, Carretera Poniente 234B, Ajijic  Dr. Justina Jiminez Lopez                Office 376 766 5563  hours are usually 9-4pm if they are busy sometimes it takes a while to answer the phone, be patient.  email justynjl@hotmail.com
It is on the same lateral as Dental Express, Yves Restaurant, Marble & Granite & Aztec Art Studio

Here is a street view, building is still yellow, the entrance is under the stairs, down a long hallway to the back.  Streetview is old; https://www.google.com/maps/@20.3011275,-103.2749348,3a,75y,160.57h,84.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sINdLKb0vTQGY57jOd9o9ew!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

2) Dr. Gabriel Garcia (acupuncture and alternative medicine and local source of imported 3rd party tested CBD) is located in the Laguna Mall between the Swedish Bakery and Christine's Hair Salon. He is only there Tuesdays and Fridays. Call or Whatsapp 333-368-1915

Great minds... Beer   Dr Justina is who I've been talking to... I've heard nothing but good things about her....and that's saying something in a village of old farts!!  LOL!!!  Training horses for a gazillion years has made my body a train wreck (pun intended) ( I still can do all of the same stuff.... just slower)  If she can fix just some of it..bone on bone stuff and high BP  ... I'll be ecstatic.

Love my Acupuncturist...but wouldn't mind checking out your guy for the future.  Is his CBD hemp or weed?  We've been using Tommy Chong's... and it does make a difference. If he can figure out a way to get rid of these "slow killing" drugs ... I would be sooooo happy.  Dr Justina told me she can take care of my high BP.... if that works...and I know that nothings ever guaranteed... need of any of the drugs may vanish.... Fingers crossed so tightly I'm cutting off the blood flow.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This trip is all about "fixin' stuff" and as much fun as I can cram in.  It's been waaaay too damned long.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:02 pm

mudgirl wrote:My post above got cut off and I ran out of time to edit or delete it (I wish we had longer to edit on this forum). I had a lot more to say and will finish later.

It was 30 minutes and now I just changed it to 1 hour.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, mudgirl and kip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:10 pm

CanuckBob wrote:There is also another stem cell therapy place in SAT under the old "Hole in One" place.

Think I'll stick with Dr Justina. I don't think I've ever known a doctor who comes so highly recommended.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:19 pm

ferret wrote:1) Stem Cell Injections...Clinica de Rehabilitacion Integral, Carretera Poniente 234B, Ajijic  Dr. Justina Jiminez Lopez                Office 376 766 5563  hours are usually 9-4pm if they are busy sometimes it takes a while to answer the phone, be patient.  email justynjl@hotmail.com

Here is a street view, building is still yellow, the entrance is under the stairs, down a long hallway to the back.  Streetview is old; https://www.google.com/maps/@20.3011275,-103.2749348,3a,75y,160.57h,84.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sINdLKb0vTQGY57jOd9o9ew!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I think Dental Express is where we were planning on getting our teeth done. Good choice?

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:43 pm

Not my choice. I would recommend either Dr. Eloy Barragan or Dr. Haro's office.
And Dra. Camacho for eyes.
But these three need advance appointments because they are so good and popular.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko, caligirl108 and kip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:11 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
mudgirl wrote:My post above got cut off and I ran out of time to edit or delete it (I wish we had longer to edit on this forum). I had a lot more to say and will finish later.

It was 30 minutes and now I just changed it to 1 hour.

Thanks, Bob.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:42 pm

kip wrote:

I think Dental Express is where we were planning on getting our teeth done.   Good choice?

Dental Express can either be really good or really bad depending on who you talk too. I am in the really bad camp........I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:48 pm

There is something about the idea of chain dental companies that I don't trust. Sure, there could be good dentists working there, but I trust highly recommended private practices more.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

kip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:12 pm

Kip asked "Is his CBD hemp or weed?". He sells CBDfx out of California and it is CO2 extracted, third party tested and made from hemp. I actually prefer NuLeaf Naturals out of Colorado which is also made from hemp, CO2 extracted and third party tested but it's become very difficult for me to get.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:00 pm

ferret wrote:Kip asked "Is his CBD hemp or weed?". He sells CBDfx out of California and it is CO2 extracted, third party tested and made from hemp. I actually prefer NuLeaf Naturals out of Colorado which is also made from hemp, CO2 extracted and third party tested but it's become very difficult for me to get.

What works the best for us so far is Tommy Chong's.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:26 pm

It's about whatever works for you and the ease of getting it here.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:34 am

ferret wrote:It's about whatever works for you and the ease of getting it here.

Can you grow a plant and make it yourself?

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:42 am

I prefer to let the professionals produce it. There are way too many things that can go wrong and it is way too expensive to properly test and produce. When something is third party tested, it is checked for fungus, pesticides, heavy metals, concentration and purity. Also the only way to produce your own is using solvents which are difficult to remove completely. I do not want solvents in my body.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:04 am

ferret wrote:I prefer to let the professionals produce it. There are way too many things that can go wrong and it is way too expensive to properly test and produce. When something is third party tested, it is checked for fungus, pesticides, heavy metals, concentration and purity. Also the only way to produce your own is using solvents which are difficult to remove completely. I do not want solvents in my body.

I think the original recipe was simmering Indica in Everclear for three days until it's thick then adding coconut oil. Jim Wilson discovered Rick Simpson's Phoenix Tears ...maybe twenty years ago when he was battling cancer..cured it. His wife started making it after that. If I'm ever someplace I can grow it legally .... I'll definitely make my own.

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:32 am

Thought you wanted CBD?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kip Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:20 am

ferret wrote:Thought you wanted CBD?

Yes

kip
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:30 am

Then you will not want anything Indica because most strains are very high in THC...as are Sativas. There actually are very few strains that are high in CBD and low in THC and that's if you only go by the genetics. Growing conditions and water will also affect the plant content. And then there's getting those special strains here.
All in all, easier to just pay for a good CBD oil and know exactly what you're getting.
Most good CBD oil is made from HEMP nowadays... including Tommy Chong's. It is extracted using CO2.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next