INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volaris international to US with no checked luggage

5 posters

Go down

Volaris international to US with no checked luggage Empty Volaris international to US with no checked luggage

Post by sm1mex Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:25 pm

With a boarding pass can you check out with INM and go directly to security and not stand in check in line. No checked luggage.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Volaris international to US with no checked luggage Empty Re: Volaris international to US with no checked luggage

Post by sm1mex Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:26 pm

Where do they check your passport to see if you have seen the INM person? At the gate where you board?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Volaris international to US with no checked luggage Empty Re: Volaris international to US with no checked luggage

Post by dvinton Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:34 am

Yes, the gate attendant will examine your passport for the stamp.

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:07 am

Thanks.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:58 pm

dvinton wrote:Yes, the gate attendant will examine your passport for the stamp.

I have travelled internationally about 8 times since they implemented the new "passport stamp on exit" rules and not one single time has anyone looked in my passport to find the exit stamp. I have about 50 stamps in my passport and finding it would take a while as they don't stamp the last page, they put it anywhere it can fit. Total waste of time.....IMO.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:03 pm

Yes. We had a very full passport and after INM the agent went through all pages until he found it. We have been checked twice for the stamp. It is what it is.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:29 pm

We fly American often (every 6 weeks or so) and they always look for the stamp. Our passports are pretty full and I now hold the page open when I walk from INM to the American desk so they can find it faster.

I **believe** eventually they will treat Permanentes the same as Citizens upon departure and let us skip INM altogether.

After all there is no limit on how many days we can be outside of MX (there was under the old FM2). There is no real reason to track our departure dates.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:54 pm

Yep. Hope so but they still have to stamp us out and back in. Now to get rid of the red/green light like they did years ago in Mx city. 🤞

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:30 am

BisbeeGal wrote:We fly American often (every 6 weeks or so) and they always look for the stamp.  Our passports are pretty full and I now hold the page open when I walk from INM to the American desk so they can find it faster.

I **believe** eventually they will treat Permanentes the same as Citizens upon departure and let us skip INM altogether.  

After all there is no limit on how many days we can be outside of MX (there was under the old FM2).  There is no real reason to track our departure dates.  

Ahhh......they are checking at the counter. I always travel with carry-on, and I check in online so never go to the counter. They don't check anywhere else during the boarding process or upon return.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:33 am

The most frustrating thing from my last international arrival was having to fill out a customs declaration in the baggage area. There are no pens and everyone is scrambling to get it done. WTF wouldn't they hand these out on the flight before arrival.........Viva Mexico.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:35 am

The customs forms got handed out on the plane when I flew back from Canada in Sept. Westjet, Vancouver to PV.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:37 am

Last time no forms handed on plane. Had to complete at customs.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down