INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE REQUEST - FIRES

4 posters

Go down

COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE REQUEST - FIRES Empty COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE REQUEST - FIRES

Post by Bill Phillips Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:15 pm

I just saw this on a local Facebook page from the Chapala ANAVETS (Army, Navy, Airforce Veterans Assn.):

"Request for Emergency Assistance.
Members and Friends, as you may be aware there are dangerous forest fires that are threatening some of our Lakeside Communities right now. Our Bomberos (Firefighters) are in need of Emergency Assistance. Let's work together to help them out. The Bomberos need donations of the following items:
1. Energy Bars
2. Oranges, Apples and Bananas
3. Gatorade or other Electrolyte drinks
4. Bottled Water
5. Dried fruit
6. Sandwiches without ham or Cheese
Please bring your donations into Mamas Musical Bar on Thursday and we will ensure it gets distributed to the Bomberos. Donations can also be dropped off at Johnnys Cocktail Lounge.
Thank You!"

Last edited by Bill Phillips on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE REQUEST - FIRES Empty Re: COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE REQUEST - FIRES

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:30 pm

You can also bring items directly to the Bombero building on the Libramiento.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Bill Phillips likes this post

Back to top Go down

COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE REQUEST - FIRES Empty Re: COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE REQUEST - FIRES

Post by mudgirl Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:23 pm

Sure seems like bringing donations directly to the Bomberos today makes more sense than dropping it off somewhere else tomorrow. What if they have the fires put out by tomorrow? (I'm sure the food would get eaten, but I imagine the point is that they need sustenance while they are working or spelling each other off)

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 am

This may be a dumb question, but why are they taking swimmimg pool water when you have a lake there?
Wonder what idiot started the fire.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:06 am

Because the helicopters don't have to fly as far. Time is less and fuel use is less.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:48 pm

I figured it must be something like that. I realize it's a  big expense, but as more and more areas become drought-stricken, and fires multiply, and especially where idiots start fires to burn brush where there is no water nearby, and walk away, a water bomber plane would sure be useful. Trying to put out a huge fire with buckets of water, while it's better than nothing, is so inefficient.

There was a big fire in my neighborhood years ago. It wasn't on a mountainside, it was easy to get to, and people were driving back and forth on ATVs and trucks with pails of water for an hour and a half trying to put it out before the fire dept. got there. Despite the efforts of the locals, the fire was spreading quickly, as it was windy out.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:42 pm

This was posted by someone a few hours ago on FB.  I believe this woman is reliable.

Nancy Mirr
Top Contributor
 ·   ·
Firefighters - update:
I was at the Ajijic fire department today.  They said they needed ziploc bags for lunches and fruit.  I delivered what they needed and they said at this time, they do not need anything else.  I understand there is an Ixlahuacan fire department.  Their situation might be different.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down