INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project

+8
ferret
susan
Zedinmexico
mazdee
bobnliz
CheenaGringo
juanrey
CanuckBob
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project

Post by bobnliz Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:09 pm

raqueteer wrote:
susan wrote:i dont think the "guadalajara reporter" wants to spread propaganda. have you read it the past 2 years? i dont think the US consulate has a reason for propaganda. see the warnings. & i doute "trip advisor" travel site has a motive. over the ajijic forum is says in bright red......"WARNING". they added that like a year ago. they want to sell plane tickets & book trips than whats the motive there? if you are not afraid, why do you care if others are? we dont need your validation. why cant you just do what you do & have a good time? no ones stopping you from traveling, not even the media. why do you have to control the travel habits of others? or the thoughts of others.

TROLL ALERT
Troll bridge!
Have your trolls ready please! The line forms on your right... razberry

You are most astute, raquetman. Lizzy Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 169387

bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 Empty Re: Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Liz:

My post was in response to an earlier post by CanuckBob in which he questioned the number of people who might want to go to Leon.

Since TripAdvisor is a member driven site, reviews, travel articles, etc are generated by the membership. If one compares the Leon section: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g154240-Leon_Central_Mexico_and_Gulf_Coast-Vacations.html to that of Ajijic: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g499405-Ajijic_Pacific_Coast-Vacations.html the first realization is that the section on Ajijic/Lake Chapala is really lame! They have even designated a "destination expert" for the Lake area and IMO, she is a joke. All she ever seems to write about is Puerto Vallarta and other coastal resorts.

Since you mention the Chapala Malecon when I referenced the Ajijic Malecon, I would suggest checking out this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1575477-d152503-Reviews-Chapala_Malecon-Jalisco_Pacific_Coast.html Most of the photos and reviews are of the malecon in Puerto Vallarta.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:10 pm

why do you care if someones feels differently than you? its too weird. why are a bunch of grown adults so protective of mexico? it sounds like college cheer leading, or summer camp. if you like it, you like it. why do you give a shit what i say? or news commentators? why do you write my posts so often? all this does is make me more popular. you protest too much. many people say awful things about my home town, so what? it seems you all need validation from each other. i thought you were retired? that means your supposed to sit quietly & shrug your shoulders. you look like grandmas & grandpas, act like it. oh i forgot...... thats why youre here.

Last edited by susan on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo errors)

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Gotta tell ya susan...that comment about sitting quietly and shrugging the shoulders really ticked me off.

Yeah, I know you're the troll of the week but you must be a really young troll honey 'cuz you know nothin' about the generation that you're dealing with. I suggest you do a little historical reading and get with the program....we invented protest.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:08 am

susan wrote:zedinmexico: the US government has always lied. (now they are awful liars, its offensive. america has dumbed down so much they can say anything, especially about airports. most people love to obey). the mexican govt has always lied, news flash. the borders on the US are UN safe thats ovious. the airports in US are under martial law, but yet millions fly even if they dont have too. its a "choice", like driving across a border. you pay your $, you take your chances. as for mexico, millions of mexicans feel threatened. if you do not, or lizzy does not feel afraid, thats your right. but why make fun of the travelers who are not comfortable? many mexicans would leave mex if they could, the rich have moved to better cities in the US. you stand behind mexico more than the mexicans! never said to edit, its a free forum, say what you wish. mexico has changed in 50 yrs, especially guadalajara/ajijic. the reason why trip advisor put the "warning" above ajijic? the increase in drug war in jalisco, (the murders in the night club, murders of police officials in chapala joco guadalajara, carjacks). this doesnt mean anyones after "you", but if you are near by- it could be dangerous. how can these above facts be propaganda? the news is the news, whether its the NY times, or guad reporter. the photos are not computerized. mexico & the US are in bed together. both sides want tourism, shopping, real estate sales. see: "mexico nation of fear" youtube

Its all propaganda period. Things are not being done looking out for the peoples interest. I don't stand behind mexico but
I do Mexicans. Big difference. Many of these problems could be solved but the powers to be don't want to solve them. You know the solution for the drug war in the US. Remove the insentive and it will all go awy. Remove our unfair policies
in the middle east and those people will stop trying to kill us. Sometimes we all act like we have nothing to do with our
own problems in the world. We don't think any of this stuff is our fault or caused by our actions. Well much of it is.

As far as choices yes we all have choices. I don't feel any of this over the top law enforcement in the name of whatever
is really helping us. Does it really help us to arrest people for taking pictures of a post office? The news is not the news.
It is altered and changed by local culture or the powers to be to give the message they want to deliver. Notice you can't
buy CNNi or BBC world in the United States. BBC America has removed the BBC world news from its programs except
for 3am in the morning. The network news has five minutes of news 12 minutes of commercials if not more and about
10 minutes of non offensive feel good news. So I have choices to be fondled or irradiated and you are telling me to
suck it up if I want to fly. Well I am not willing to roll over anymore. Give me alternatives to flying. Six days in a car
to Ajijic? Train...nope none in mexico to speak of.

You bring up some good points and many I agree with but I still disagree with you on the propaganda stuff. The war
against mexico is being fought with the press up north. Part of the problem is most people NOB don't know anything
about mexico. I was shocked when I drove down here from Oregon at how diverse the country is. I thought the whole
north of the country was like Sonora with sleeping senors with a Sombrerro leaning up against a adobe building. I knew
some jungle at the south exists but the rest of mexico was an unknown to me. Yes I knew about the resorts and Baja
cause thats what I was exposed to. I think the reporters up north have some of the same incorrect ideas I had and
give the impression that all of mexico is the same crime wise and we all know that not to be true.

Oh well thanks for listening to my rant!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

susan wrote:why do you care if someones feels differently than you? its too weird. why are a bunch of grown adults so protective of mexico? it sounds like college cheer leading, or summer camp. if you like it, you like it. why do you give a shit what i say? or news commentators? why do you write my posts so often? all this does is make me more popular. you protest too much. many people say awful things about my home town, so what? it seems you all need validation from each other. i thought you were retired? that means your supposed to sit quietly & shrug your shoulders. you look like grandmas & grandpas, act like it. oh i forgot...... thats why youre here.

This one was extremely childish so maybe you are a child. I am not a grandma/grandpa or old. So you don't care about
much of anything. Kinda pathetic. Why do you care and write about us?

You CAN write an intelligent post try again.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:21 am

I prefer the trolls who aren't grammar and punctuation impaired. They make much most interesting reading. The current one is impaired on the above levels, in addition to having his/her logic circuits fried.

On some other thread, the troll indicated that the number of responses he/she is getting to his/her posts are somehow a gauge of his/her popularity in the universe. This is a novel notion of "popularity". Rolling Eyes

After reading this thread, I came to the conclusion that our troll may well be a child, since most of the opinions expressed are so naive.

IMHO on the general subject: Mexico is dangerous. The U.S.A. is dangerous. The whole damn world is dangerous. The only certain thing about life anywhere is that we are not going to get out of it alive. A tiny bug will do us in as effectively as an assassin's bullet. So: enjoy the journey.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 am

(Quote Zed)
This one was extremely childish so maybe you are a child. I am not a grandma/grandpa or old. So you don't care about
much of anything. Kinda pathetic. Why do you care and write about us?

You CAN write an intelligent post try again.

(end quote)

Zed, Zed, Zed, what were you thinkin' here??? Ever heard the expression DNFTT? It means do not feed the troll.
Now consider yourself warned. This happens again, I'm going to have to take you out back of the woodshed and give you a spanking. I can do this because I AM a grandma! While I may be old, and small I can be mean when necessary. It's all in the interest of helping you to be a better person, and it might hurt me more than you, just sayin' Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 477249

Last edited by raqueteer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 1. Removing the Z 2. Additional emphasis.)

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:19 am

Hey........Zed used to carry a 45 around in Oregon. I don't think I'd try spanking that dude.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Ya never know...he might like it.Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 223417....but not by me who is also a gramma...maybe by a mid twenties would suit him better
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:55 pm

gringal wrote:Hey........Zed used to carry a 45 around in Oregon. I don't think I'd try spanking that dude.
lol!

Gringal has a good memory. I use to be President of a historic neighborhood set between downtown and the train
yard in a Oregon college town. Everything was fine til meth. than things got really nasty. Before we knew the homeless
in the trainyard by name and felt no worry letting our children interact with these folks. They were normal people just
homeless. Than meth and thats when carrying the 45 came to be. A cop even loaned it to me to make a statement.
A couple of us open carried sidearms until the folks went elsewhere while no solution at least we could live normal again.
I have sold the house but my former tennants in the cottage behind my house still open carries to protect the neighborhood. Thus my portion of time at the edges of law enforcement or vigilantism depending how you look upon
it. Frankly it was a heart breaking time in my life as we felt very threatened in the neighborhood and I am very glad it
is over. I am not a very good bad guy :-) LOL Here is what is even funnier....The city I was living in was considered
one of the safest cities of its size in the USA. Meth changes things trust me I know!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:57 pm

ferret wrote:Ya never know...he might like it.Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 223417....but not by me who is also a gramma...maybe by a mid twenties would suit him better

Thats the best answer to a moderators request I have ever heard!! Moderator I will try to be good from now on
but will have to admit you might have to spank me someday :-) :-) :-)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:29 pm

The reason I remembered about the gun was because it struck a similar chord in my own experience. I lived in a place out in the country in CA for a while where many people were poor, but the most violent thing going on was a Saturday night cockfight or a barroom brawl.
Enter meth labs and some freaky characters to go with them. Everything changed, and not for the better.

The spanking question really boils down to: Are you into salacious grammas messing with your butt? If not.....either behave yo'self or enjoy yo'self.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
ferret wrote:Ya never know...he might like it.Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 223417....but not by me who is also a gramma...maybe by a mid twenties would suit him better

Thats the best answer to a moderators request I have ever heard!! Moderator I will try to be good from now on

Z

Zed, just to set the record straight here, I'm not a moderator on this board. I did in a past life do some hard time, never again. Now what I am is a troll hunter and as gringal says, if you are NOT into salacious old grannies messin' with yo butt, either behave yo'self or else. You whippersnappers betta watch out we little ole' grannies can be tough stuff on the keyboard. If you are a bad boy, we'll go looking for a 20 something to sort y'all out.;-)

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:36 pm

raqueteer wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

Zed, just to set the record straight here, I'm not a moderator on this board. I did in a past life do some hard time, never again. Now what I am is a troll hunter and as gringal says, if you are NOT into salacious old grannies messin' with yo butt, either behave yo'self or else. You whippersnappers betta watch out we little ole' grannies can be tough stuff on the keyboard. If you are a bad boy, we'll go looking for a 20 something to sort y'all out.;-)

I stand corrected mighty troll hunter :-) :-) :-) Good luck and I think my wife will be the only person spanking me :-)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Hahaha.........Troll hunters! I like that.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Fully Equipped TROLL HUNTER
[img]Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 Troll_11[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 pm

zedinmexico: i never said "suck it up" if you want to fly. if you MUST fly to the USA, (for a very important reason) than do it! i feel bad for you. maybe a funeral, maybe to settle a will, maybe a relative is dying. what i was saying is that millions fly for a 3 day trip to disney world, or a weekend in vegas. (these people HAVE a choice). or some folks want to see the grandkids, & they want to visit every few months. besides being stripped down (ok not everyone but its happend), felt up, harassed, personal items stolen, & inhumanly treated, people also have 12 hour waits in airports because of weather, congested air traffic. filthy planes etc etc. ("you tube", the "times"). with computer videos these multiple family trips may not be necessary. this IS a CHOICE. "these" people should suck it up! @one time only the rich traveled. or you wrote letters, you sent photos. i stopped flying to US when they put in the scanners, then they started "enhanced" pat downs. what i am saying is that most americans "feel sooooo safe" they will endure anything to stop a terrorist. OR they will be shocked, complain to the airlines, then go right back & take another trip for a non emergency reason. the US is out of control. i have no problem flying in south america.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:22 pm

YAWNNN... L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 pm

fly'n on sumthing that's fer sure... u best watch out for them sniffer dogs... they're gonna getcha...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:44 pm

ferret you didnt "invent protest" there have been uprisings for hunrads of years. when you get to be grandma/pa age you should "get it". you see things re- cycle, you see the writing on the walls. you know not to be aggravated. (or not to fly! if multi millions of people did not fly in the US, you would see a big change. bottom line is the money. donot pay the airlines, & all of a sudden there are no terrorists). history began way way before you did a protest. ask anyone who survived world war 2. there is no santa claus end of case. there is only $. the post protest people go to meetings in ajijic to discuss crime prevention (w/the police?? or santa, you tell me). they send little cartoons to each other like teens. they have silly high school words like "troll". (i never heard that word before, but i think its a animated character or a toy)? back to your invention: in reality you had NOTHING to "protest" about! maybe the draft, thats it. yes the world is a very dangerous place now. not everywhere, but enough to keep a watch. whats next, picket walmart?

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Dead Horse Beer Dead Horse
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Sleep
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am

Grow up Susan frankly I started to read your post and it was so stupid and
boring I fell asleep right on my keyboard.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:50 am

Ya know, Zeta... we might just have a cure for insomnia here... ya think? Mexico Taxi Campaign advertising project - Page 2 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next