INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting cheated by Pemex employees

+5
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
hockables
Rolly
Jim W
9 posters

Go down

getting cheated by Pemex employees Empty getting cheated by Pemex employees

Post by Jim W Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Blackeye...Don't have a clue who to contact, but here is the drill by Pemex, primarily in Tepic.....yes has happened 4 times in the past month, including today...., left the Lake @ 4:00 am....full tank, get 29 mpg drive a ford escape, 16 gallon tank asked them to fill tank, came back 100 pesos....in, said no fill.....she pushed a couple buttons, and I saw the 100 pesos increase,at conclusion, she said I owe 100 pesos plus read out....370 pesos...which means...my mileage dropped to 13 mpg.....plus my 16 gallon tank..My bad, for not confronting issue, and forcing manager to get printout off terminal, as it would show pump continued....rather than reset.....but was on the road....made it to Navajoa.

Anyway scam is pump 100 pesos, knowing you want filled tank, then continue pumping...when you aren't checking for reset...and charge for ...reset plus the hundred they put on the meter.....I never watched mariachi when they reset, and start pumping....afte rthat never paid attention....My bad. Finally figured out.... Smokealot Since it happened early in my trip....I order specific liters....stand and watch pump....really sucks,but ya gotta do it. Smokealot

Today is gone, here is to tommorrow.....

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

getting cheated by Pemex employees Empty Re: getting cheated by Pemex employees

Post by Rolly Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:13 pm

I always order a specific number of pesos, so I won't have to worry about change issues.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Rolly wrote:I always order a specific number of pesos, so I won't have to worry about change issues.

Rolly I always do same, except when I am fishing @ Tepic, or travelling to USA...Always filled up at same staion....I mentioned to one of my guests...it cost more in gas going up........getting screwed by locals....next time will be different, will be funny...will set them up...finish 100....move to forward pump....still doesn't solve problem though
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 pm

I found when U are " Lilly White " fresh of the Plane some folks tend ta clamour around to see how much of a Sucker you are....

U just need ta Brown up a little boy!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 pm

hockables wrote:I found when U are " Lilly White " fresh of the Plane some folks tend ta clamour around to see how much of a Sucker you are....

U just need ta Brown up a little boy!!

Hocks, I am so hurt by this....I will just continue my drive to USA....not a wanna be boy...just tried to share the fact that I got "copulated out of 100 pesos for the 4th time" I only said the F word for life....Bob, kick both of us off....Hocks is the devil, and he made me do iyt.....LOL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Now I don't speak Reginaese but I think Hocks Is suggesting you get a tan?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Now I don't speak Reginaese but I think Hocks Is suggesting you get a tan?

that wuz mah best Foghorn Leghorn impression...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:51 pm

BTW.....when you get back you'll have to find a different place to park when you go to Delicias for breaky. I think we may know what happened to your silver SUV...jeje.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:57 pm

CanuckBob wrote:BTW.....when you get back you'll have to find a different place to park when you go to Delicias for breaky. I think we may know what happened to your silver SUV...jeje.

Delcias is a great Breakfast place... a little pricey though...

I have never had difficulty finding parking... but I'm usually not up until The Crack O Noon
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:39 pm

CanuckBob wrote:BTW.....when you get back you'll have to find a different place to park when you go to Delicias for breaky. I think we may know what happened to your silver SUV...jeje.
Dead Horse

Bob, made it to Casa Grande....left Navajoa @ 4 am.....45 minute delay at border......Regarding parking.....I have breakfast there at least once per week.....the chef , Rueben is also my yard, pool guy, caretaker when I travel...and a friend. If I knew where Pedro lived, I would park there, and hide out with my video cam....and I would camp out...to destroy the jerk.

One thing you may not know....I had no clue, still don't have, about politics...on Mexican driven boards....I invited Pedro for fishing trip, @ Lake Agua Milpa....didn't know him, he accepted invite.....he cancelled trip with me because he continued to see my posts on yours......Pedro is living proof....too much web board....causes brain damage.

Will be here til the 21st.......son having back surgery....weather sucks.....unless you enjoy 58 as a high!.....for Hocks.....with my tan....still look like a gringo.......Bob, it would be great fun for you, hocks, me and oncesubtle....catching Bass @ Agua Milpa

Looking forward to our next meeting

Jim W Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

[img]getting cheated by Pemex employees Pc-f11[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:[img]getting cheated by Pemex employees Pc-f11[/img]

That is really creative CG.....Didn't blame you....love the graphics though...... Beer Beer Beer You could probably use a few adult beverages....ROLMAO

By the way CG, I am here in AZ., for my son's back surgery....after 3 tours in Iraq...Yes razberry with the rednecks as you call us..we've been through this drill CG, WHAT is your contribution, to be an American Citizen? What price have you paid.....OOOOPPPPS...you pay taxes here.....Dude ya gotta get a life....you have given nothing.....Please keep your mouth off my threads....and ditto to you. razberry

Last edited by Jim W on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I want to piss cg off....lol)
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 am

Jim we have the same problem lakeside. Many friends had the same problem when they asked for a fill up - they don't cancel the old gas order and it gets added to yours. You can get out of your car, point to their gauge and say ZERO and watch that they do it. Or ask for a specific amount of pesos - I ONLY ask for 200 pesos or 300 pesos at a time. I have learned that depending on where the needle is - how much I need in pesos. They have to cancel it out to give you X amount of pesos of gas.

Been going on a long time in Mexico.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 am

Last time I travelled down 15D from Arizona at a couple of pemex stations they
were very careful to show me the meter was at 0. Interesting. The most interesting pemex station in Tepic where all the pump jockeys were girls in
short shorts while the chunkier girls pumped the gas the cute girls were
trying to sell you Bardohl (sp) or wipers or whatever. I wonder how successful
they were. I will never go back but not because of the girls but with all the
activity no one cleaned my windshield. It was also wierd becaue instead of
the normal oxxo or circle K it had a pharmacy with it.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:03 am

Whether or not the gauge is set back to zero, many of the gauges are rigged and the attendants can be very good at ripping you off. I promise you you are being cheated at many PEMEX stations and there isn´t much you can do about it. Frankly, I think the relatively new PEMEX station just west of Ajijic has rigged gauges but I may be wrong. However, gas always costs me more there than in central Ajijic or on the libramiento. Just the other day, I was charged $536Pesos to fill up at the West Ajijic place and my car has never taken that much gas but that was about the fifth (and last) time I have filled up there and the charge has always seemed excessive. I´m not suggesting you not buy gas there, just that you remain alert and keep you mind in gear.

Especially watch out for any kid running around with an air pressure tester who offers to test the air pressure in your tires. Reminds me of when I was a kid fresh out of South Alabama on my first drive across the desert to L.A. I stopped somewhere around San Bernardino thinking I was in L.A. and some dude convinced me I´d never make it to West L.A. with that distributor so I left there with a new (rebuilt or the same) distributor and a considerably lighter wallet thinking I still had countless miles of searing desert wilderness to cross. Live and learn.

Last edited by hound dog on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 am

I had a Mexican woman walk over to my car at the Pemex in the Libramiento station and tell me to watch the gauge and be sure they put it to zero - she said there have been problems. Nice of her to warn me and I understand some of the gauges are rigged (there have been surveys in the Guad. Reporter) and the station on the libramiento was one of the worst for cheating.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:34 am

I remember one memorable trip through Saltillo, when my husband got out of the car, watched them set the gauge to zero then actually told the employee to fill 'er up. Reason being, depending on which road you took, there just weren't many gas stations in those days. Well that thing just kept going and going. 400,500,600,700. Obviously impossible. My husband looked at her, she shrugged not knowing quite what to do. He sawed it off at 400, which is what it cost back then, and told her she was welcome to call the police.

Many many moons ago in Canada, almost every time I drove into a gas station, the guy would check my oil. Almost every time I needed more. This was BTW a brand new car still under warranty. Turns out they used to try that all the time with women, especially blonde ones. They'd carefully wipe off the stick, then, hood open would put an empty oil can in the oil reserve, and stand there waiting an appropriate amount of time. Scheisse happens.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down