INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices

+7
susan
gringal
raqueteer
hockables
SunsetKid
arbon
CheenaGringo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices Empty For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 am

On sale now through COSTCO USA - a real deal!

[img]For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices 62058710[/img]

This 8lb (minimum weight) Prime Rib is now $100 off the regular price of $399.99. Yes folks - that is a regular price of $50USD per pound!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11704137&cm_mmc=BCEmail_CyberMonday2011-_-FOCUS-_-9-_-Item

Last edited by CheenaGringo on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices Empty Re: For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices

Post by arbon Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:04 am

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11327406

WITHOUT the Bone in!
USDA Choice
Prime Rib Roasts
Two - 4 lb. Minimum
8 lbs. total minimum weight
Each roast serves roughly 6-8 people
Ships uncooked & frozen via UPS 2nd Day Air
Price per pound with shipping included: $14.37
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices Empty Re: For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices

Post by SunsetKid Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:13 am

Can you find prime rib here in Ajijic?
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 am

SunsetKid wrote:Can you find prime rib here in Ajijic?

I just drove past one on the Careterra...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 am

Hmmmm, was planning on a standing rib roast from Costco for Christmas dinner, just where was that one on the carretera Hocks?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 am

raqueteer wrote:Hmmmm, was planning on a standing rib roast from Costco for Christmas dinner, just where was that one on the carretera Hocks?

Standing in the ditch Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 am

Hows about a "dusty chicken" for Christmas?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:43 am

the problem with Yankee Thanksgiving is it's in November... Canucks... as you know, do er up in October...

so come Christmas time .... we're ready for Turkey again ... Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:53 pm

maybe this should go on shopping in mexico topic? good price.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:19 pm

arbon wrote:http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11327406

WITHOUT the Bone in!
USDA Choice
Prime Rib Roasts
Price per pound with shipping included: $14.37

A USDA grade "choice" prime rib is a true oxymoron that could only be expressed by a Canadian pig farmer.

There would, of course, be no USDA graded prime beef of any kind in Mexico as the USDA does not hold sway here and the standards assigned by any Mexican governmental grading agency, if even such an agency exists and is honestly managed, that agency would never be able to locate any beef produced in the country even remotely qualifying as "prime" in accordance with the U.S. standards designating "prime rib".

That is not to say one cannot get great beef here but, as in France, people hereabouts do not favor excessively fat larded beef cuts but somewhat tougher and more sublimely flavored and (I might add) often healthier lean cuts for their meals featuring beef.

Dawg has never tasted a better steak than when indulging in a chewy but extraordinarily flavorful "steak pomme frites" in Paris or a well-prepared "meat in its own juice" in Guadalajara but they ain´t no "prime" beef in any of that so the first thing you must learn is that what is good is, (#1), according to where you are and, (#2), whether you have the ability to discern that adequacy in accordance with universally applied contemporary culinary standards while relatively sober. After all, the best hamburger Dawg ever ingested came after an overindulgence in Scotch Whiskey - I just can´t remember where I ate the damn thing. I do believe it was in Downtown Birmingham, Alabama circa 1963.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Grading is covered:
"There are significant differences between the USDA beef grading system and the Japanese grading system. The USDA doesnt currently have classifications for beef with highly abundant marbling from Wagyu cattle. Japans beef marbling score has a range of 1-12, referred to as the BMI score. On the Japanese grading system, American choice graded beef would typically receive a BMI score between 2 and 4 and American Prime beef would usually have a BMI score of 5-6.

This very exclusive and rarely found roast has a BMI score of 8 or higher! A score of 8+ in Japan could qualify it in the elite category of Grade 5, the highest beef grade awarded in the world. Only a small percentage of all Pure Wagyu Beef qualifies for the exclusive 8+ BMI grade."

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Grading is covered:
"There are significant differences between the USDA beef grading system and the Japanese grading system. The USDA doesnt currently have classifications for beef with highly abundant marbling from Wagyu cattle. Japans beef marbling score has a range of 1-12, referred to as the BMI score. On the Japanese grading system, American choice graded beef would typically receive a BMI score between 2 and 4 and American Prime beef would usually have a BMI score of 5-6.

This very exclusive and rarely found roast has a BMI score of 8 or higher! A score of 8+ in Japan could qualify it in the elite category of Grade 5, the highest beef grade awarded in the world. Only a small percentage of all Pure Wagyu Beef qualifies for the exclusive 8+ BMI grade."

japan....lol...snork...

those fellas eat seaweed and monkey brains... what the hell do they know about beef....

ya want beef... high prairie alberta.... they know beef... then send the shit they don't want to france and japan
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm

"The secret of good cowboy cooking is appetite". Which would explain some things. Not all.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:09 pm

japan....lol...snork...

those fellas eat seaweed and monkey brains... what the hell do they know about beef....

ya want beef... high prairie alberta.... they know beef... then send the shit they don't want to france and japan[/quote]

Ever heard of Kobe beef Hocks? That's what Neil was describing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_beef

Massaged, given beer etc, it's way the hell better than Alberta beef, which is also very good beef, just not this good. VERY EXPENSIVE!

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

I just got back from The Wal-mart where I purchased some fine 1" Rib Eyes ... and I plan on cook'n em up and presenting them to one of the members on this board.... maybe sometime later they can critique my little dish...

preparation is the trick... that and of course reasonably good quality ingredients...

I know some folks who could prepare you a course of Road Kill and plenty here wouldn't know the difference razberry
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:35 pm

See if you can find Hocks shopping at Wally World in this video:

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:29 pm

The dude in the exposed pink thong underwear at 1.24 on the vid. That'd be Hocks for sure!!!!!

Looking for Kobe beef no doubt. Twisted Evil

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:45 pm

[quote="hockables"]I just got back from The Wal-mart where I purchased some fine 1" Rib Eyes ... and I plan on cook'n em up and presenting them to one of the members on this board.... maybe sometime later they can critique my little dish...

preparation is the trick... that and of course reasonably good quality ingredients...

I know some folks who could prepare you a course of Road Kill and plenty here wouldn't know the difference razberry [/quote]

Ah, yes. Canadian road kill. Prime grade moose with stagecoach wheel track tenderizer to accompany the month-old poutine prepared by mama back in Quebec to keep sonny and the sled dogs nourished while hunting ferocious arctic bat squirrels . Better than that hot iron up the ass the French were offering that led our Acadian friends to the frozen tundra as an alternative.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:43 pm

not ta change the subject or anything... cause ya'll know I'de never try sumthin like that...

but. I always wanted to get to Louisiana ta get me a pail o crawdads... hmmm... some day!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Are you trying to tell us they don't have the best of those in Alberta?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:58 pm

well if'n U turned up some rocks in the creek U probably could find em...

but we would need some toothless backwater inbred sumbitch ta cook em...

what the hell do U have in Arizona ... cactus... I hear ya'll just about done in all the Armadillos ...

how many different ways are there ta cook a cactus...

here I was talking all heartfelt an all, about the poor displaced fellas from Acadia...

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:06 am

This thread is so........funny!!!..as I spew cafe all over my desk... lololol.....

Basta
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:31 am

Apparently geography isn't a strong suit for those from Alberta. New Mexico does not equal Arizona. Map below for Hock's education:
[img]For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices Hocks_10[/img]

Since Hocks refers to cactus, he is correct in reference to Arizona:
[img]For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices Cactus10[/img]

As for armadillos, they are more native to Texas where road kill is considered a delicacy:
[img]For Those Who Like to Complain about High Prices Co_mam10[/img]

By the way, the area immediately south of New Mexico is Mexico! End of today's lesson!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:44 am

I ran outta paste... so I'm not gonna show Neil the Map Of Saskatchewan ... right next door to the folks in Alberta...

Evidently Neil thinks for one to speak of a place... one must be from that place... :)

Neil is right about one thing...and I'm sure the folks in Arizona will agree...N.Mecico does not equal Arizona.... lol... snork

razberry

Right in the Heart Of Canada....
and Immediately North of here is ..er.... Canada
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:52 am

Well, now let´s see which group of immigrants were the brightest. The Acadians settled in the frozen tundra of Quebec to feast on Poutine and the God- forsaken, snake infested swamps of Louisiana to subsist on crawdads. The Chinese Gringos ended up in Phoenix wannabe Albuquerque to dine on greasy green chile burgers alongside old Highway 66 and this Scot/English half breed left the kudzu patch known as South Alabama where a couple of generations of his ancestors settled for the Haight Ashbury circa 1967 to subsist on weed, LSD and In-&-Out Burgers with extra dry martinis. I vote for The Dawg.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next