INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotel in the Ajijic area

+9
peteben
mikey1953
SunFan
SusieSunshine
gringal
ferret
David
Zedinmexico
drmike
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hotel in the Ajijic area - Page 2 Empty Re: Hotel in the Ajijic area

Post by drmike Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Mainecoons,

Sure I would like to meet you and have lunch with you at La Nuevo Posada. My wife will not be joining me as we have a dog who has just had surgery and she would like to stay home with him. I am there from Feb. 19th until Feb. 24th. So pick a date and we'll do a meet and greet over lunch together.

Thank you for your thinking of me.

Dr. Mike

drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Funny...the waiters at Yves told me the donkey's name was "Vino Blanco". I got her unwrapped from a few of the trees there and got her closer to her food and water. For a thank you, she tried to nip me. :(
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Yep, that's the donkey, by any name. She also likes to block the walkway, hoping for another "nip" opportunity. She's a cranky 'ol lady, for sure.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:44 pm

johninajijic wrote:Best and Safest taxi drivers. I use no one else. Francisco and his sons. He has 7 or 8 different size vehicles, does tours, etc.
Francisco----766 1142
Cell ph: 045 333 157 8060
His Son Luis: 045 331 307 8289

Wholeheartedly agree.
Dr Mike, suggest you see Gringal's post above with their email address and send an email with your arrival info, have them pick you up and you will be very well pleased. Luis normally takes us whenever we need to make a trip into Guad or the airport, and based on what he tells me, his father normally handles all the local. His father has also been known to go up to the border and pick up people and drive their cars down for them. With multiple vehicles, and several of the sons working for the business, you can be assured they will take care of you.

We don't use anyone else, with absolutely no regrets.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:42 pm

gringal, you are right, I remember now Yves is on the lake...this is another little restaurant, it is around the corner from Casa del Sol, and its outdoor yard area abutts the wall of the hotel...and at the top of the wall, it is open to the hotel...a guy could hoist someone up and over and the guy would be inside the hotel. Just can't remember the name as I never have gone into it.

Mike,since other people have put their taxi guys here on the board, I will do the same. That way, if anyone has had a bad experience with the two I have used, they can let us all know. I have nothing but praise for them. But Fransisco who has been mentioned above seems to have alot going for him, with 7 types of vehicles. I don't know him. I have heard of Rene, but haven't used him either. The guys I used were recommended to me by two people who each own bed & breakfasts in Ajijic. The one who took me to Queretaro and back, and took care of my dog, is Ricardo Ragazzo: cell phone (dial 045 before a cell phone number when you are in town) 045-331-2178725, home 376-766-5166. Ricardo speaks English. The other man is Cruz Moreda 331-429-3051 cell, and home is 376-766-0769. Cruz speaks very good English, he worked in the United States for over 20 years.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my remarks about Casa del Sol...I really did have a bad experience there, and so did another lady who was staying there after I left. She was also all alone there and it felt spooky to her too. I just felt I should be open about my experience there, because I wouldn't want a newcomer to be at risk. I 'd like Dr. Mike to have an absolutely wonderful time!!!! La Nueva Posada is, I think, the best bet.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 am

John,

Is that the Luis that Johninajijic recommended? Or is he the son of Rene that Gringal mentioned. Gringal did not mention a Luis. La Nuevo Posada recommended a cab that charges $30.00 for the trip from the airport to Lake Chapala, is Luis cheaper than that? Or is there some hidden charges involved with the one the La Nuevo Posada suggested?

Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 am

John,

Never mind. I saw your quote above your message and you meant Johninajijic. Sorry that I missed that part. I was too busy being kissed by a dolphin.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 am

Among the Miramontes:
There is Luis: cell: 521-331-307-8289
There are more, so if one can't do it, they will probably refer you to others.

The airport trip cost sounds about right. Actually, pretty cheap.

Some of the things that happen in Mexico are both unexplained and wondrous. When we wrecked the front of our car in the middle of Mexican nowhere on the quota (large animal streaked across road) between San Miguel and here, we limped it over to a truck stop, steaming. Somehow, a driver was procured by the insurance people who showed up and asked everyone stopping to get fuel if he was "authorized" to take us home. One driver made assurances, so we piled in and took off in the rain, but his car was in such sorry shape that we stopped at each station to fill the radiator. At Guadalajara outskirts, a brother or cousin had been called who showed up with a good car, took us to our doorstep and we paid. Gave us a receipt from his "transport company" which the insurance company accepted and we were reimbursed. There is ALWAYS a cousin or a brother who can take care of getting you wherever you need to go. Some speak English or can manage with "Spangllish". The one we recommended first speaks English.
Don't worry, be happy.
Have a great trip.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2