INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS

+12
hockables
DaveP
SunsetKid
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
drmike
gringal
raqueteer
Viajero-Tiempo
susan
Zedinmexico
espĂ­ritu del lago
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS

Post by SunsetKid Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Come on folks. you must be pretty naive about what has been going on in your lives for at least 20 years. Accept the fact that the govt knows when you get up in the morning and when you go to bed. What makes you think this is anything new????

SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS  - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS

Post by SunsetKid Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 pm

As an addition to the above. Protesting a cause serves no purpose unless you are known as a part of that cause. I too lived in the 60s and 70s. I count them as the best years of my life. I loved the danger and I still do. It makes life more interesting instead of just a day to day existence. Viva Mexico!

Google is just a newer venue that the govt and big business has used for years to try and control us to serve their interests.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 pm

This is a quote form the email I received today. It seems google is not changing their privacy policy

"Protecting your privacy hasn't changed
Our goal is to provide you with as much transparency and choice as possible, through products like Google Dashboard and Ads Preferences Manager, alongside other tools. Our privacy principles remain unchanged. And we'll never sell your personal information or share it without your permission (other than rare circumstances like valid legal requests)."

DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 pm

There have been a number of sideways comments made about TSA and Homeland Security in this thread. About two weeks ago, we made an eight day trip to Guadalajara through Phoenix. I can honestly say that our treatment by TSA in both Albuquerque and Phoenix going and coming was the least intrusive that we have experienced in recent years. On top of that, Immigration and Homeland Security in Phoenix on our return trip was amazingly simple and again not the least bit intrusive! Sure, they had the drug dogs cruising the passengers while we were waiting for luggage to arrive but we didn't see them opening a single bag for inspection.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 pm

If yer using a laptop... put some tape over the little camera thingy so they can't watch you smash comp
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:33 pm

SunsetKid wrote:As an addition to the above. Protesting a cause serves no purpose unless you are known as a part of that cause. I too lived in the 60s and 70s. I count them as the best years of my life. I loved the danger and I still do. It makes life more interesting instead of just a day to day existence. Viva Mexico!

Google is just a newer venue that the govt and big business has used for years to try and control us to serve their interests.

Amen brother........ Beer

Except substitute the 60's & 70's for the 80's & 90's.....dangerous times indeed.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetKid Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Bob

That depends on what you were doing.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetKid Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Also

The 60s and 70s were about rebellion of the establishment and forcing change. The 80s and 90s were about becoming part of what happened in the 60s and 70s( just listen to the difference in the music) Song writers are the poets of the time they live in. Alot of the people who lived in the 60s and 70s( I am sad to say have become leaders of todays establishment).
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:21 pm

SunsetKid wrote:Bob

That depends on what you were doing.

I was just being "tongue in cheek" on that comment..........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:41 pm

& you all fell for obama. the biggest marketing scam since stalin. he had a lying face a lying past a lying voice, & sketchy friends. & that bullshit book, w/the fist bump? shame on you. & you cant blame it on the man, when now you ARE the man!

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:40 am

susan wrote:& you all fell for obama. the biggest marketing scam since stalin. he had a lying face a lying past a lying voice, & sketchy friends. & that bullshit book, w/the fist bump? shame on you. & you cant blame it on the man, when now you ARE the man!

I must say I was guilty as charged and ashamed. Someone already called me a fool and said "for crying out loud what do you expect He is from Chicago". Big problem
was what was the alternative? Picking of two different evils again.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:56 am

Raquteer:I could not agree more. Where does this stop? Presumably we'll all be living in Orwells' Elysian fields before long. As far as I'm concerned the line was crossed into totalitarianism with the intrusive measures introduced by the TSA, and that fact alone has kept us out of the U.S. for the past 6 years. We will not be returning, nor will we fly through on our way to anywhere else.
As for the press, we now have a full fledged ministry of propaganda. Bin Laden was our Goldstein, until they rubbed him out for the 9th time, and looking at the offerings on the political front who can deny the following statements.

War is Peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is power.

They can't audit the defense department or Wall St., but they want to monitor Facebook? Are we supposed to pay for this?
"A March 2011 paper published in the Journal of Computational Science (abstract) also posited that movements of the Dow Jones Industrial Average could be predicted to an accuracy of 86.7 percent by changes of national mood reflected in Tweets. According to The Economist, British hedge fund Derwent Capital Markets has licensed the algorithm to guide the investments of a $41 million fund."
We're supposed to swallow a "jobless recovery", because now they base their forecasts on "tweets"? Can it get anymore insane?

NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS  - Page 2 477249
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:26 am

@espiritu del lago,

You've raised a couple of interesting points. Whatever they say about algorithms is more than likely just more BS. What does happen is insider trading, painting the tape and a few phone calls in order to move a stock or an index any way they'd like to. But they don't really want to tell you that, so they mention some odd way, that nobody really understands in which they're tracking stocks.

The second good one is tracking sentiment by tweets. This is more than likely what they're really up to. Tracking the general mood not really individuals. Let's face facts most of us aren't discussing anything of much interest. But if they throw some new information out, then sit back and wait to see how people are receiving it in general, they have themselves some workable information.

JMHO

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:35 am

The only thing we really have to know is that if-you-put-it-on-the-net-it-is-public-property. Anybody can read it...

The ones I pity are the poor fools who believe that everything chat, blog or otherwise is private!!! Then they whine 'cause they got busted by the boss, or the school administrator, or whoever... lose their job, etc. etc.

I just do not understand how an otherwise internet savvy person can be so dense!?

I don't think there is much we can do about it... but it sure won't keep folks from trying.

Who knows? Snail mail might become popular again. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Snail mail and steaming teakettles.Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:01 am

Damn!! Now I read that Google will have ALL the content of your emails stored in a central location... let's see... that will just make it that much easier for somebody to hack, and you KNOW that is going to happen sooner or later. NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS  - Page 2 374777

Thia whole situation creeps me out. NEW Privacy Policy GOOGLE USERS  - Page 2 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:00 am

CheenaGringo wrote:There have been a number of sideways comments made about TSA and Homeland Security in this thread. About two weeks ago, we made an eight day trip to Guadalajara through Phoenix. I can honestly say that our treatment by TSA in both Albuquerque and Phoenix going and coming was the least intrusive that we have experienced in recent years. On top of that, Immigration and Homeland Security in Phoenix on our return trip was amazingly simple and again not the least bit intrusive! Sure, they had the drug dogs cruising the passengers while we were waiting for luggage to arrive but we didn't see them opening a single bag for inspection.

I am very glad you had a good experience. I just had the worst one in my life at Lukeville Arizona leaving the US. It makes me feel better that you did not experience
what I did. I figured out two of the ICE agents were messing with people. Believe me I have traveled all around the world and am not generally bothered by any agents
but ICE and TSA. Hope this is a sign of change and maybe returning some respect to civilians.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am

We have been most fortunate crossing in either direction so far. Hope it remains that way. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 am

I still wanna be microchipped so I can get through borders with less hassles. They'll also be able to identify my remains more easily or access my medical records if I'm not conscious.
If all the good guys get microchipped then the bad guys should stand out like sore thumbs. JMHO
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 am

HHmmm. Bears thinking about. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am

OMG! Ferret you want to be microchipped! That's giving in to the intrusion. That is giving control of your body to a government agency. So you would like your private information in a chip so that anyone (police, TSA, Homeland Security FBI, etc) not just the EMS can get your private medical records and all the other private information about you. Who knows what information they'll put on the chip. And Bob, it's just not the people who have something to hide...

I hope you said that tongue in cheek, Ferret.

That doesn't even include the fact that you are placing a foreign object in your body which will set off a chain of events leading to an auto immune response. Many people who have tested the chip have had them taken out because of auto immune illnesses from the foreign body and the radiation, or other Electromagnetic waves it produces, just so it can be read by the scanner.

A simply horrible idea.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:07 pm

ROFLMAO!
Well, I could have been saying it with forked tongue and had a tongue in each cheek...on the other hand, there has to be an easier way to tell the good guys from the bad guys.
Foreign objects in the body...ya mean like hip replacements? cataract lenses? tooth fillings? heart valves? pacemakers? etc. ad nauseum.
Or are you specifically referring to things that can be read with a scanner...and if they're dangerous why are we implanting them in dogs? What radiation?

And put a GPS locater in mine too so I can be found when I get kidnapped.
If nothing is private any more then what's the big deal? I haven't got a damn thing to hide and I sure would like the "Authorities" to stop wasting their time on me and put it to better use. A much more economical use of funding.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Since 2006, the US Passport has had a RFID chip embedded in the cover which I personally think is a good idea. Some countries have chips that are so advanced that all of one's travel information and patterns are included. I can remember back to the days when one arrived back in the US and an intrusive Immigration official might go through all the stamps in your Passport asking questions about why you visited one place or another. It sure makes traveling a bit more tolerable when they can use technology to make the process easier. I could care less if they know when and where I have traveled!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Ferret, dogs don't have bank accounts, investments or credit cards, that's the difference. If the government is as bad as it appears to be with money, why give them unbridled access to yours?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:35 pm

raqueteer wrote:Ferret, dogs don't have bank accounts, investments or credit cards, that's the difference. If the government is as bad as it appears to be with money, why give them unbridled access to yours?

Any one out there have a Social Insurance Number...which the government uses to keep track of you...anyone had the government use unbridled access to your bank accounts, investments or credit cards?
If the ONLY thing they put on the chip was your Social Insurance Number, it would be a step in the right direction. Maybe I'll just tattoo it on my ass.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Ferret, you are talking apples and oranges when you list other things inserted into the body. This is an electromagnetic device that is sending out electromagnetic energy so it can be read. Problems with it (VeriChip) include cancer at the site of insertion 1% to 10% chance, migration of the chip to some other area of the body (see cancer risks above), tissue reaction (autoimmune), possible problems with MRI's (burning at the site, pulling it out through the skin...) and on. I personally would not get the damn chip not only for political reasons but also for safety.

I enclose an article on the dangers of the Verichip:

http://www.antichips.com/the-health-risks.htm
[/u]
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next