INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gringo Graffiti

+4
Mainecoons
johninajijic
hound dog
arbon
8 posters

Go down

Gringo Graffiti Empty Gringo Graffiti

Post by arbon Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:57 pm

The Chili Cook-Off banners are being treated as "Gringo Graffiti". eh
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Gringo Graffiti Empty Re: Gringo Graffiti

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:12 pm

Tell me, Arbon, How is it that you have the time to feed the pigs in soggy and cold BC and still get down here to observe highway banners advertising lamebrained cooking contests among extranjero retards? Dawg woiuld think that cleaning up pigshit would be a more appopriate way for you to spend your time than fretting about what retirees with more time to waste than pig farmers do with heir spare time which, for retirees, is all the time.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 pm

arbon wrote:The Chili Cook-Off banners are being treated as "Gringo Graffiti". eh

Can you explain to this dumb ass American (me) what you mean?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:26 pm

I think it more likely that someone sees the banners as iinfringing on their turf. The culprits are likely either from La Floresta or possibly the municipality. We have noted with some interest and much amusement the struggle between the folks who put those new fish market ads on the white Tobolandia billboards (thereby improving their appearance and reducing their appeal as graffiti magnets) and the powers that be of the Chapala municipality.

Clearly, either Tobolandia or the advertisers failed to pony up the required graft. . .er. . . I mean FEES.

Very Happy
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:02 pm

bubba wrote:Tell me, Arbon, How is it that you have the time to feed the pigs in soggy and cold BC and still get down here to observe highway banners advertising lamebrained cooking contests among extranjero retards? Dawg woiuld think that cleaning up pigshit would be a more appopriate way for you to spend your time than fretting about what retirees with more time to waste than pig farmers do with heir spare time which, for retirees, is all the time.

Bubba not only did your immune system fail to develop but also your memory, tell your wife to put flour in the gravy, if you can remember.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm

do you mean the large banners across the highway? those ugly plastic things? i liked the fish ads better, for sure.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:03 am

The banner was just temporary.

I like the fish ads too, a great improvement over the previous situation.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 am

[quote="arbon"]
bubba wrote:Tell me, Arbon, How is it that you have the time to feed the pigs in soggy and cold BC and still get down here to observe highway banners advertising lamebrained cooking contests among extranjero retards? Dawg woiuld think that cleaning up pigshit would be a more appopriate way for you to spend your time than fretting about what retirees with more time to waste than pig farmers do with heir spare time which, for retirees, is all the time.

Bubba not only did your immune system fail to develop but also your memory, tell your wife to put flour in the gravy, if you can remember. [/quote]

Not altogether true, Arbon. Bubba´s (Dawg´s) memory did, in fact, develop but subsequently ratcheted down a few notches due, as best I can remember, to the liberal consumption of semi-poisonous libations, chiefly tequila if memory serves me which it often does not. Dawg finds your sardonic bent amusing so don´t feel the need to be hostile over insignificant slights originating in this quarter which is on the way to Chiapas and inhabitants hereof will no longer need to observe tacky banners greeting tourists arriving in Ajijic for a while. We´ll be back as soon as they open that long-promised but illusive Burger King. Dawg needs his cheese whoppers and San Cristóbal de Las Casas has obliged Burger King with a retail front on that city´s famous Andador in keeping with local historic architectural characteristics .
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 am

Hope you find the time and weather down South to grow a few ripe tomatoes, bubba.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 am

hound dog wrote:Tell me, Arbon, How is it that you have the time to feed the pigs in soggy and cold BC and still get down here to observe highway banners advertising lamebrained cooking contests among extranjero retards? Dawg woiuld think that cleaning up pigshit would be a more appopriate way for you to spend your time than fretting about what retirees with more time to waste than pig farmers do with heir spare time which, for retirees, is all the time.

You might consider it lame brained but last year it raised 250,000.00 pesos for local charities.

Who's a retard now? Get a life.

DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 am

[quote="DaveP"]
hound dog wrote:Tell me, Arbon, How is it that you have the time to feed the pigs in soggy and cold BC and still get down here to observe highway banners advertising lamebrained cooking contests among extranjero retards? Dawg woiuld think that cleaning up pigshit would be a more appopriate way for you to spend your time than fretting about what retirees with more time to waste than pig farmers do with heir spare time which, for retirees, is all the time.

You might consider it lame brained but last year it raised 250,000.00 pesos for local charities.

Who's a retard now? Get a life.
[/quote]

Arbon:

I underestimated you. I see you taught one of your pigs to use the internet.

By the way, no need to raise tomatoes or any other fresh fruits or vegetables in San Cristóbal as the incredible indigenous market is just two blocks away from our home there and we feast on fresh produce daily grown by local Maya famers on their mountainside milpas including tiny sweet tomatoes that Dawg thinks may have been the originals on the planet.

Last edited by hound dog on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 am

lol...snork
hockables
hockables
Share Holder