INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico

+7
CanuckBob
susan
Mainecoons
martygraw
Rolly
johninajijic
CheenaGringo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico Empty Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 am

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/02/2-texas-missionaries-found-slain-in.html
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/2-Texas-missionaries-found-slain-in-north-Mexico-2925236.php

"MEXICO CITY (AP) — A missionary couple from Texas were slain in their home outside the violence-plagued northern industrial city of Monterey, the U.S. Embassy and their family said Wednesday

The embassy identified the couple as John and Wanda Casias..............................

ON the positive side, John can claim his 99.9% rule since this couple was apparently counseling drug addicts and thus were involved in drugs!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico Empty Re: Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico

Post by johninajijic Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 am

CG - They loved Mexico enough to live in a dangerous area. Sooner or later something bad was about to happen. Very unfortunate as with any innocents trying to help those less fortunate.

You always have to make some smart ass remark. WTF are you good for on this forum? NOTHING. You argue with everyone. Most of what you post is totally negative and you don't even like Mexico enough to live here. What do you contribute to Mexico? NOTHING. Stay in that beauitiful city of ABQ. NOT. No one wants you here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico Empty Re: Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico

Post by Rolly Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 am

you don't even like Mexico enough to live here
And who is moving back north?
Pot=Kettle
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:15 am

Now, now Rolly, don't be to hard on our John. Afterall for the amount of money he wants for his house in Ajijic's best gated community, he is going to be with us for a long time.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 am

Rolly wrote:you don't even like Mexico enough to live here
And who is moving back north?
Pot=Kettle

You don't know me or my reasons for moving back. Has nothing to do with not liking Mexico. If I didn't like Mexico, I would have moved back sooner than the 11 years I've been here.

martygraw - Can you ever say anything positive? You have never seen this house or our Community, so how can you comment on it? I'm underpriced in this market. I did my own comps. Are you jealous of where I chose to live? So, f*ck off you misearble old fart.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 am

I'm wondering if this is just another example of the narcos attacking drug rehab centers and practitioners because they are cutting into business.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:03 pm

this is a mini version of the USA policing the world. missionaries were killed recently in the middle east. they have no right coming & patronizing people. its a no brainer. 1+1=s 2. there are many drug rehab places in texas who need volunteers. its the "thrill seekers" who come to the 3rd world, its so cool.also the feeling of importance & power. we do not know the details here, chances are they were robbed. the US will continue to have the peace core, & other organizations. w/the newer ones, pay your own way for the "experience". americans have a mental illness, a mix of guilt, self punishment, victimization, identification w/the criminal. these agenda's have been in play for around 50 yrs. the more killed or injured, the more people will come for their exotic punishment.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Somebody is off her meds.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:54 pm

rolly hello?? this is a pattern. if they minding their own business, they would not be dead. think about it. are you capable of thinking outside the box? its syndrome. are you putting your nose in everyones business? the great un invited savior has arrived.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Whoa..............jajaja

Two More Texas Missionaries Killed in Northern Mexico 169387
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 pm

"I'm wondering if this is just another example of the narcos attacking drug rehab centers and practitioners because they are cutting into business."

From other articles and reports, this was more about "God's wayward children" seeing an opportunity for robbery which appears to have gone sideways. My understanding is that they were not running a rehab center but rather offering "the way" through counseling.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Either way they are choosing the wrong people to associate with. We have seen this scenario play out a few times when expats (or foreign visitors) hang with the wrong people. A recipe for trouble.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Yes, Neil, it certainly does appear as a bad robbery based on the report on Borderland Beat.

What a damn shame!

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:52 pm

I really don't understand the blame the victim mentality that is being shown on threads such as these. I can understand being upset with the crime's portrayal in the NOB press but why is everyone seeming to put at least partial blame on the victims?
Yes sometimes people put themselves in a bad spot and unfortunately bad things sometimes happen. But come on. They aren't to blame for their attacks.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:00 pm

I wasn't trying to blame them or downplay the tragic event. I was just trying to bring home the point that everyone needs to be careful who they hang out with. The same can be said for any city in any country...........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:32 pm

As one who gets upset when the US Government or any other Government decides to police the world, I feel the same way when a Church chooses to perform similar actions where they don't belong. It isn't a matter of blaming the victim, be they soldiers or God's warriors, but rather the the primary source of these deaths!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 pm

the criminals are guilty legally. the volunteers are responsible metaphysically.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 pm

cheenagringos 6:04 post & the one before say it well. solovino's sentimental naive b.s never ceases to amaze me. if you go somewhere UN invited, & seek out the lowest of the low, UN invited........well you get your wish. (you masochistic, egotistic, manipulating morons- same w/the volunteers here. ALL of them, they have an agenda. & yes i DO blame them). & i blame the US for 9/11. its mass mental american illness.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:05 am

CheenaGringo wrote:As one who gets upset when the US Government or any other Government decides to police the world, I feel the same way when a Church chooses to perform similar actions where they don't belong. It isn't a matter of blaming the victim, be they soldiers or God's warriors, but rather the the primary source of these deaths!

Sorry, but I don't get the relevance. Government forces its attentions on people and other nations, folks like these seek to help and to persuade people to stop self destructive behaviors like drug usage without compulsion.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:20 am

MC:

Apparently history is not your forte! Here is a simple question for you: how many people have lost their lives in the name of religion (dictated by some church) and/or politics (dictated by some government)? Pretty darned naive to think that Church or State are not interchangeable in your following statement: "Government forces its attentions on people and other nations.."

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 am

Are we going for 8 pages like others in this Forum? What a waste of space!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:MC:

Apparently history is not your forte! Here is a simple question for you: how many people have lost their lives in the name of religion (dictated by some church) and/or politics (dictated by some government)? Pretty darned naive to think that Church or State are not interchangeable in your following statement: "Government forces its attentions on people and other nations.."

And apparently reading is not yours. I didn't make a general statement about religion, I made a specific statement about these folks and a general statement about government. Which you tried to turn into a general statement about religion. Hint: "folks like these" means just what it says and no more.

Did you and Solo have the same reading comprehension teacher? razberry
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:MC:

And apparently reading is not yours. I didn't make a general statement about religion, I made a specific statement about these folks and a general statement about government. Which you tried to turn into a general statement about religion. Hint: "folks like these" means just what it says and no more.

Did you and Solo have the same reading comprehension teacher? :32:

I scored in the top 1% in English comprehension nationally when tested in my youth. There is nothing you write I don't understand. In fact my very high comprehension level allow me to see through bullshit like yours with little to no effort.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:24 pm

its is the SAME thing, similar. government or church or un invited volunteers. they are UN invited, not wanted, cause trouble. the peace core is run by the US govt., & the churches do the same thing. back to ron paul: "we have to stop meddling in foreign affairs". (the mentality is the same, unless we are under threat of an attack). btw, if you were a 19 yr old mexican cocaine addict, who would you listen too? some dowdy white woman? or your own kind & age group? maybe another kid who was an addict or in jail, a latino or black. & maybe someone who had a recording deal. if you cant walk the walk, dont talk the talk. cant take the heat, dont visit the kitchen. case closed on that one. (those same missionaries ring my bell here to solicit, they can ring all day w/out a response. they are UN invited).

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:47 am

Gee, you got all that from the news story? Didn't realize you were an eye witness.

Very Happy
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next