INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running

+11
David
kittythegm
espíritu del lago
Carry Bean
gringal
mazdee
Admin
pat
Ms Mac
kipissippi
hound dog
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running Empty Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Well, a couple of your members wrote to me about your re-incarnation and I am pleased to state that I have been down here in Chiapas for a few months and not keeping up with events there so I am not taking sides if the old forum´s demise was controversial. No dawg in that hunt.

We will soon be leaving to return to Lake Chapala for the summer and it strikes me that your efforts are worthwhile since the only other forum I know of dedicated primarily to the Chapala area has sort of contracted into a somewhat smug small group of posters rehashing subjects already discussed ad nauseum and managed by moderators reminiscent of a sunday school teacher I had to endure back in the 50s. Don´t get me wrong; the other forum is fine but competition may help fine-tune their communications skills over there.

Some of you may not know that Mexico Connect is now gratis and there has been a significant change in the staff and attitudes among the moderators over there which is not to say that they invite frivolous controversy and personal sarcasm but that they are managing the forums in a positive and constructive fashion which pleases me as a contributor. They have several regional forums to which posters can contribute including one on the Lake Chapala communities. I try to contribute there often both when I am down here in Chiapas and up at Lake Chapala and I suggest those of you with an interest join us as well as continue to contribute to this forum which I find to be an exciting new endeavor.

By supporting forums such as this one as well as Mexico Connect with our contributions and readership we can help to improve the quality of expat forums down here tremendously so I´m game. It will also be nice to know we are supporting forums without underlying agendas that narrow the discourse for commercial reasons.

Last edited by hound dog on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running Empty Re: Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running

Post by kipissippi Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi Bama Boy! Glad you could make it!

Cousin Kippy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running Empty Re: Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running

Post by Ms Mac Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Good to see you, dawg. missed you! ms mac

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi Ms Mac! Glad you got the problems straightened out and finally made it on! A few more of the old timers and it will be (hopefully) like the old fun days. Wish we could talk Uncle Donnie into chiming in, Chris B would be a great help but I think she's a little burned out on the forums. And Uncle Jack...even though he's not in Mexico anymore ..there's lots of good info swirling around underneath that gorgeous white hair.

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi, Kip, I'm poor gringa on this forum. I would like to go back to being ms mac since that's the name I go by in the other Mexico forums. How do I go about doing that, I am so computer illiterate.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 pm

ARGHHH! You KNOW I'm not techie Mary! I don't know if you can change it...you could probably reregister with your "real name" . That's the best I can do ...maybe the "head honcho guy" can help you.

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Thank you, my dear, if not I'll let it ride.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pat Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Ms Mac.

Can't you just register with a new name and let the present one die of disuse?

Pat

pat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm

poor gringa wrote:Hi, Kip, I'm poor gringa on this forum. I would like to go back to being ms mac since that's the name I go by in the other Mexico forums. How do I go about doing that, I am so computer illiterate.

I can try to change this for you at my end if you would like. Let me know.

Admin
Admin
Admin
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

http://lakechapalainfo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:10 pm

with this format-it is quite easy to change this persons name. but why? everyone knows who it is anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Actually this forum is set to "not allow" user name or e-mail changes so the only way for them to do this would be to request it from me or make a new membership as suggested above.

Admin
Admin
Admin
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdee Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:22 pm

I do love the new forum and wish it a long and happy life! I wonder why Admin's identity is a secret. Is it dangerous to have a name when you are admin? I won't worry about it.

mazdee

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:30 am

It is actually way easier to be anonymous. It takes the "personality" out of it. One day I may come "out of the closet".

Admin
Admin
Admin
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:55 am

Dawg suggested we give this new one a whirl. So WHIRL.
For Ms Mac: I couldn't remember my password and the register site didn't like my email address, so I just re-registered with my old handle. This could work for you.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:00 pm

I'm on now Gringal, thanks for your input. It took a few tries.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running Empty Thanks for this forum

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Me, I am just thrilled to have this forum available to us, where we are not cancelled without notice and do not have to act as Stepford wives and fear that we will be cancelled for no reason other than expressing our opinion. Adios, Chapala.com. Bienvenidos Lake Chapala Informational Forum. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Good choice, Zoey!

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Zoey,

Good luck on inviting anyone over...Mine lasted about 10 minutes on chapala.com...actually I'm surprised they didn't boot my rebel ass! :lol: Pm's probably the best way to go...theyr'e sooooo frigging touchy....and I don't think they ever sleep.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:55 pm

I wasn't booted out, but I left that forum long ago.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi Ms Mac, Thank you so much for your pm. I was kicked off of Chapala. com three times. I am so over it. I am not an angry person, I mean no one any harm, I did not call people names, but I was booted off three times for simply disagreeing with someone. This webboard is a breath of fresh air. Thank you so much for your welcoming note. At least that is the way I interpreted it. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:23 pm

I asked to have my membership deleted & was banned instead in a very rude way when I wasn't rude in the first place. Their loss but it sure can't be good for business for the real estate company who hosts the site.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:32 pm

You know Carry...you'd think so, but they'e had tons of complaints and have done diddly. It really is a shame. It used to be a fun forum....hopefully this one will grow to be like it used to be.

Kip
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi, Zoey. Yes, we welcome you. Think this is going to be a great forum!

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 pm

kipissippi wrote:You know Carry...you'd think so, but they'e had tons of complaints and have done diddly. It really is a shame. It used to be a fun forum....hopefully this one will grow to be like it used to be.

Kip

It seems to me that the old timers on the forums that have come and done, and got the T-shirt need a place like this, so they can come and talk about the issues that concern them with their daily lives. Most people know the members as friends or forum buddies,old timerers grow tired of the " what is the best border crossing,the best B&b ect. Having said that TOB serves it's purpose and the newcomers will eventually find their way over here or ton Sparks or what ever forum.

The people here as I am sure when they have the time will answer their questions or dirct them to the proper foum. :affraid:
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:07 pm

I am cryiing tears of joy, now that I know I am safe from moderator two at Chapala useless. com\. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next