INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running

+11
David
kittythegm
espíritu del lago
Carry Bean
gringal
mazdee
Admin
pat
Ms Mac
kipissippi
hound dog
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running - Page 2 Empty Re: Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running

Post by Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:07 pm

I am cryiing tears of joy, now that I know I am safe from moderator two at Chapala useless. com\. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running - Page 2 Empty Re: Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running

Post by kittythegm Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:53 am

Great! A chat board is what I have been looking for. Maybe some of the other female members can give me hints for shopping on my first visit to the area. We all know just how that makes for a successful trip.
kittythegm
kittythegm

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:41 am

There are guys on this board than can help too, just depends on what you're seeking. Consider this; there a SHOE MALL in Guadalajara where every store is a shoe store! Easy to find too.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:48 am

and, kittythegm, you have to know that some of the females on the board (me, for one) don't have the inclination or money for shopping for much more than groceries. but david is correct. tell us what you're interested in buying and maybe folks can provide a decent answer for you.

so, david, where is the shoe mall in guad????? (by the way, for whatever reason, joco has lots of shoe stores, too.)

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:51 am

If you want shoes go to the Mercado Libertad in Guad. It is a shoe emporium.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 am

....and if you want to buy some baskets, come on down to little ole san cristobal zapotitlan on the south shore of lake chapala. there's a nice little co-op that sells such things and everything is made by the folks here in SCZ. helps out the local economy! (store is open from about 9am to 3pm, monday through friday.)

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 am

The Plaza de Zapatos is on a glorieta near Glorieta Minerva. Take Lazaro Cardenas to Lopez Mateo, go right to the Glorieta Minerva, go around the circle to "9 O'clock and take Golfo de Cortez, it's well signed. The next Glorieta is 4-5 blocks at Avenida Mexico. The Shoe Mall is all the way around at about "7 O'clock. If you exit at 11 O'clock you're at El Italiano (on your right) a superb Italian restaurant and a great place for lunch after your shoe buying excursion.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:01 pm

my "shoe buying excursion" will be one pair of comfortable shoes, i suspect, but thanks so much for directions that i can understand!

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:25 pm

For "comfy" get Flexi. There's a Flexi store in the shoe mall and also one in the Outlet Mall.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:26 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:
kipissippi wrote:You know Carry...you'd think so, but they'e had tons of complaints and have done diddly. It really is a shame. It used to be a fun forum....hopefully this one will grow to be like it used to be.

Kip

It seems to me that the old timers on the forums that have come and done, and got the T-shirt need a place like this, so they can come and talk about the issues that concern them with their daily lives. Most people know the members as friends or forum buddies,old timerers grow tired of the " what is the best border crossing,the best B&b ect. Having said that TOB serves it's purpose and the newcomers will eventually find their way over here or ton Sparks or what ever forum.

The people here as I am sure when they have the time will answer their questions or dirct them to the proper foum. :affraid:

Then I'd guess the name & description of this forum might have to change. lol! And without new blood I've seen many other internet forums get stale & boring & die out unless members start infighting. Then they can just die that way, in a huff. It's easy enough to just not answer newcomers' questions if you're not inclined to & if nobody else decides to answer them you've got your oldtimer's forum. Just my 2P.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:32 pm

If I'm not mistaken, I'm seeing new and old bllod on this forum.

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Yep lots of new people that I haven't see before (unless they're changing their usual usernames).

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:03 pm

Just my opinion: but when I first came to Mexico, armed with very little of the kind of knowledge you don't get from books, others on various forums were very helpful in answering what probably seemed like some pretty naive questions.
Having had that benefit, I and others I've noticed (like Rolly) are willing to "play it forward".
Some answers can easily be found in "search" functions, and it's reasonable to expect people to go there first, though. The "search" function on Mexconnect is very helpful.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kittythegm Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 am

I was talking to a friend of one of my former husbands last night about my intention to visit Mexico. Since she had some personal experience, I thought I would listen and compare with what I was reading on various forums. She strongly suggested San Miguel Alende (?) as the best place to visit. She also said that there was a town or city near there that specialized in shoes and other leather products but could not remember the name.
kittythegm
kittythegm

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:59 am

The name of the town may be Leon. There are a lot of leather shops there. Google it.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kittythegm Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:24 pm

That could be it? She could not remember the name. Have you been there or have any personal knowledge of what there is to offer?
kittythegm
kittythegm

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Yes Leon is the leather making capital of Mexico. Many factories large and small. The big brands, e.g. Flexi shoes, have outlet stores there. If it's available in leather (piel) it's available in Leon. San Miguel de Allende is a nice small city to visit, but there are many more places that I would recommend as more worthwhile, e.g. Guanajuato.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm

If you're visiting San Miguel, it's only a little over an hour to Guanajuato. See them both.
While in San Miguel, check out the San Miguel Shoe Store. You may want some of those, too. Inexpensive and very comfortable.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kittythegm Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I know I am new to these type of chat boards but is the only reason to go to San Miguel to buy a comfortable & inexpensive pair of shoes? The gal I was talking to seemed to indicate there was a good deal more to do than that. I am a 6 time widow and at 49 looking for new experiences and maybe a bit of excitement. Shopping if fun but that is not all there is in my life.
kittythegm
kittythegm

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Kitty: Yes, these chat boards can occasionally descend into trivia.....but it's harmless.

San Miguel de Allende is a national heritage sight, and shopping is just a tiny part of the picture.......the big picture is the wonderful old buildings and the history that took place in that part of Mexico. I lived there for three years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. There are so many things to see that it's well worth a trip. Guanajuato is another great place to visit.
I hope you find both new experiences and some excitement in your travels, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ontario94 Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm

kittythegm wrote: I am a 6 time widow and at 49 looking for new experiences and maybe a bit of excitement. Shopping if fun but that is not all there is in my life.

unlucky in love - lucky with shoes

ontario94

Back to top Go down

Post by cane Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:41 pm

SMA Combat Sandals, to give you a leg up to get lucky number seven.

Pleased to See This Forum Back Up & Running - Page 2 Sanmiguelstone_shoes

cane
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Do they come in steel toe?

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2