INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTIONNAIRE ON VEHICLES

+14
Solovino
sparks
simpsca
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
David
viajero
gringal
Mainecoons
hound dog
Rolly
ferret
brigitte
johninajijic
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

QUESTIONNAIRE ON VEHICLES Empty QUESTIONNAIRE ON VEHICLES

Post by johninajijic Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:49 am

What brand, model, and year of vehicle do you own?

Would you buy again?

What is your preferred brand of vehicle?

What was your favorite vehicle that you owned during your life?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

QUESTIONNAIRE ON VEHICLES Empty Re: QUESTIONNAIRE ON VEHICLES

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 am

Nissan xtierra 2004
yes
no preferrence
the free cars I got from the company beside that Ford Ranger and Alfa Romeo in that order

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:16 am

johninajijic wrote:What brand, model, and year of vehicle do you own? 2007 Nissan Tiida Hatchback with Jalisco plates
Would you buy again? yes
What is your preferred brand of vehicle? whatever is best rated for the year in question

4WD Jeep Sahara (needed for heavy snow in the country in Canada)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 am

What brand, model, and year of vehicle do you own?
None. My last one was a '97 Dodge Ram 150 pickup
Would you buy again? Yes
What is your preferred brand of vehicle? GM
What was your favorite vehicle that you owned during your life?.
'66 Corvette
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:52 am

brigitte wrote:Nissan xtierra 2004
yes
no preferrence
the free cars I got from the company beside that Ford Ranger and Alfa Romeo in that order

What Brigitte (Dawgette) means is that she and I own a 2004 4 cylinder Nissan XTrail mini-SUV. The Nissan model she mentions was not even sold in Mexico in 2004. This is one fine car that we have used to drive repeatedly to Chiapas, The Yucatan Peninsula and all over Oaxaca State from Lake Chapala on numerous occasions with absolutely minimal problems. Very good gas mileage and suitable for all sorts of roadways and a tope conquerer of the highest order. Mighty glad to be rid of those U.S. cars - the 4-cylinder Ford Ranger Pickup Truck (a fine truck that was) and that low riding Chrysler with California plates which could only negotiate some topes if all passengers except the driver exited first and which attracted crooked Mexico City cops like flies to DooDoo.

The best car Dawg ever owned was that 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass 409 with the 455 cubic inch engine that was so powerful it was a dream. That sucker got seven miles to the gallon of premium gas which cost a whopping $0.36 a gallon in those days versus $0,24 per gallon for regular.

Things have changed over the years. Dawgette´s mother called from France this morning and, during the course of the conversation, told her that regular gas in France is up to two Euros a liter now which equates to $10.00USD gallon. We´d have to mortgage the house just to start that Cutlass these days in France and even in the U.S. or Mexico. Good thing I got rid of it back in 1971.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:42 pm

2006 Honda CRV EXL.

Would definitely buy again, planning to get a newer CRV in 2 years or less but will consider the Toyota RAV4 as well. Both carry a lot of stuff but are narrow enough to be driven easily on Village streets.

Preferred brand, Mercedes & Cadillac but won't own anything that expensive and narco attractive in Mexico. Had both previously.

Favorite vehicle: Cadillac DTS. Next favorite, Mercedes 300D

Least favorite, though you didn't ask: Anything from Ford after two lemons and anything from Government Motors on principle.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Honda FIT. Yes, would buy it again. "FITS" the narrow streets, the parking spots and has comfy seats.

Fanciest car owned? Cadillac El Dorado. Piece of junk, at heart. Sold it to a aspiring Don.

Serious question: Who gives a dang, and why?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Toyota Tacoma 2005
yes
Ferrari
My red Radio Flyer wagon
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:54 pm

johninajijic wrote:What brand, model, and year of vehicle do you own? 2004 VW Passat Wagon

Would you buy again? Yes

What is your preferred brand of vehicle? VW and Mercedes

What was your favorite vehicle that you owned during your life? 1997 Mercedes E420

David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Funny Mc I do not think of Cadillac or Mercedes are narc cars here, now show me a huge pick up with dark windows, that screams narc. I had friend who bought one such machine in red and they had it exactly one month...
Two of my favorie vehicules, I did not own them but I have some fond memories of them are my grand father 3 wheel Goliath and an old boy friend 2CV
The worst car we ever had was a Peugeot diesel followed closely by a Jeep cherokee. Up there too were MG convertibles followed closely by a Fiat (Fix It Again Tony) convertible. Boy did we own lemons...
Not our favorite but the best car we ever had was a BMW 350I, we sold it after 3 years of owning it at the beach for the same amount of money as we paid for.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:07 pm

In the late '30s, my father had a little coupe (Ford model A) with a rumble seat.
I loved riding back there.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:22 pm

johninajijic wrote:What brand, model, and year of vehicle do you own?

Would you buy again?

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD (necessary in MA)

Absolutely, but have already picked out next vehicle, to be Cadillac SRX (not for here).

Preferred brand: FORD, the most reliable over GM and Jaguar and SAAB 99LE. Owned 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Conv, 78 Ford Thunderbird, 89 Ford Thunderbird, 94 Ford Thunderbird, 98 Ford Explorer. Everyone was more reliable than my 3 Buicks, 66 Buick LeSabre Conv, 69 Buick Electra and 72 Buick Electra. My 68 Jaguar XKE was a total piece of junk, sold it in a year. Likewise for the SAAB 99LE.

Favorite vehicle: 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer surpasses everyone who I know that owns foreign vehicles.

Everyone I know that owns a foreign vehicle has to replace the Battery within 4 years, the tires before 30 K miles, then the brakes.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:26 pm

johninajijic wrote:What brand, model, and year of vehicle do you own?

Would you buy again?

- None at the moment
- Maybe
- Mid 60's Vette but since that is not practical here I am looking for a mini van.
- '63 Corvette
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:32 am

Check with Hensley, Bob. They just found a very nice low mileage Town & Country in GDL.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:33 am

[quote="johninajijic"]
johninajijic wrote:

Everyone I know that owns a foreign vehicle has to replace the Battery within 4 years, the tires before 30 K miles, then the brakes.

Oh I don't know about that. 2008 Nissan Frontier with original battery tires and brakes. My Nissan Maxima has 276,000 miles on it when I gave it
to my sister to teach the kids how to drive a manual. Now has 350,000 original heads and head gaskets. Have not had same experience with
Fords as you have. Had 9 nissans no major problems and no problem with service in Mexico like some other foreign makes. I find it interesting
how we all differ on our opinions of cars/trucks.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:02 am

I have a Suzuki SX4 - it's a small car but I love it. It's 3 1/2 years old and I would buy it again. It's a crossover so it's a little higher off the road than a compact car and more room inside - doesn't bottom out on the topes. It comes fully loaded. You see a lot of them around now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:15 am

Mainecoons wrote:Check with Hensley, Bob. They just found a very nice low mileage Town & Country in GDL.

Bob,
Do NOT buy a Chrysler product. You are asking for repairs. My neighbor had a Town & Country and it fell apart. He told me worst piece of crap ever. He had a Ford Ecplorer previous to that, drove it umpteen miles with no problems.

You want to check reliability of vehicles, call Francisco's son Luis. he will tell you as they have had Chevy vans and Ford Windstar vans. I've ridden in both of them. He will know as their brother is a mechanic.

You should have bought a vehicle in CA or the US. Buying used vehicles in Mexico is dicey. I would NEVER do it. Do you think the dealer will stand behind the warranty? Doubt it. Once sold it's see you later.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:28 am

I have a 2000 Chrysler Voyager and it's been the perfect car for me the last 5 years. Hardly any problems until it got flooded in Jova ... but it's back and running fine now. Tons of them here so lots of parts and mechanics know them
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 am

I replaced the battery in our Honda CRV ONLY because it was over 5 years old and I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road because of a battery. It was still cranking like crazy.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:35 am

johninajijic wrote:
Bob,
Do NOT buy a Chrysler product. You are asking for repairs. My neighbor had a Town & Country and it fell apart. He told me worst piece of crap ever. He had a Ford Ecplorer previous to that, drove it umpteen miles with no problems.

You want to check reliability of vehicles, call Francisco's son Luis. he will tell you as they have had Chevy vans and Ford Windstar vans. I've ridden in both of them. He will know as their brother is a mechanic.

You should have bought a vehicle in CA or the US. Buying used vehicles in Mexico is dicey. I would NEVER do it. Do you think the dealer will stand behind the warranty? Doubt it. Once sold it's see you later.

I bought a new Ford Aerostar when my kids were little. Biggest piece of crap on the road. The battery exploded, windshield cracked for who knows what reason, fuel pump, water pump, power steering all went out, went through tires like they were paper towels, heater hoses etc. Bought a Windstar after that (yes I'm not too brightt) and that one blew a seal on the trannie and had to replace the U joint. I have a Ford F-350 and a F-150 and they nickel and dime me to death. In comparison I have 2 Toyota Tacomas and my wife drives a Mazda SUV. Didn't have any problems with the Tacomas until they had over 100,000 mostly city miles on them and it was minor. The Mazda is a 2011 and so far not one complaint.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:40 am

Had two Fords, both lemons. Had two Honda CRVs, both great. Subaru Outback, also great. Mercedes 300D great.

I know that Consumer Reports isn't very high on Chrysler products. Had one of those many years ago, engine/drivetrain good but the body was crap.

We're going to trade the current CRV at 50K miles in about 2 years but I'm not sure what we're going to get. Gas mileage getting more and more important but we still are going to need a hauler for shopping runs to the border.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:04 am

Solovino _
Better look up Ford trucks. They have been the best sellers in trucks for over 40 years. You had problems with your F 150, the "best" truck on the road.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:11 am

Mainecoons wrote:Had two Fords, both lemons. Had two Honda CRVs, both great. Subaru Outback, also great. Mercedes 300D great.

I know that Consumer Reports isn't very high on Chrysler products. Had one of those many years ago, engine/drivetrain good but the body was crap.

We're going to trade the current CRV at 50K miles in about 2 years but I'm not sure what we're going to get. Gas mileage getting more and more important but we still are going to need a hauler for shopping runs to the border.

Chrysler and Jeep - Engine/drivetrain crap. Dodge RAM trucks drivetrain crap. My neighbor has a Jeep Cherokee Limited. Put on tires at 30 K miles. Transmission went. Engine blew down by Mexico City, then transmission went again. About 60 K miles on it. Great piece of crap.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:53 am

I first purchased Ford Aerostars starting in 1987 and drove those until 2004 when I switched to Ford Windstars. I would estimate that between 1987 and now, I have probably exceeded a million miles on this series of vehicles. Have the last 24 years been a perfect driving experience in every way? Hell no! But this choice of vehicles has been a personal evaluation and has no bearing on what others may choose to drive.

Personally, I don't get the need to denigrate the choices made by others!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:55 am

CheenaGringo wrote:I first purchased Ford Aerostars starting in 1987 and drove those until 2004 when I switched to Ford Windstars. I would estimate that between 1987 and now, I have probably exceeded a million miles on this series of vehicles. Have the last 24 years been a perfect driving experience in every way? Hell no! But this choice of vehicles has been a personal evaluation and has no bearing on what others may choose to drive.

Personally, I don't get the need to denigrate the choices made by others!

A great record.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next