INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE?

+16
Solovino
viajero
Jim W
David
simpsca
brigitte
gringal
Zedinmexico
hockables
CanuckBob
arbon
hound dog
CheenaGringo
Mainecoons
Chapalagringa
johninajijic
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 3 Empty Re: ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE?

Post by gringal Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm

There's a LOT to be said for a one level home. We moved here to one level from a three level in San Miguel. Ouch. Hope you sell yours soon, Jim so you can enjoy the pleasures of less stair climbing.

Drink or bong? It's suspicious looking. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE? - Page 3 Empty Re: ARE HOUSES SELLING AT LAKESIDE?

Post by Jim W Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm

gringal wrote:There's a LOT to be said for a one level home. We moved here to one level from a three level in San Miguel. Ouch. Hope you sell yours soon, Jim so you can enjoy the pleasures of less stair climbing.

Drink or bong? It's suspicious looking. Beer

I think the bong is fun darling....gringal you are to fun
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Zed - I think you misunderstood my comment about trash, but I see bags of trash piled on the street corners when I drive thru the village. Maybe everyone brings it to the corner for ease of trash collection. And to sound better, the village is pretty clean as I see people sweep and water down in front of their houses, so that's a good thing.

I don't clean my filters. Our water is good enough that I change my filters once a year. I don't believe, at least for us that it's any more necessary than that.

gringal - We are under no pressure to sell. We CAN wait 2 - 3 years if necessary, but like I said the market is Mexican and Canadian. Not only do I consider it one of the best Gated Communities, but the Realtors do too and advertise it as such. If you know a Realtor, asl them about the best Gated Communities. I'm sure Los Arroyos and Los Arroyos Sur will come up as two along with Lomas de Ajijic.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Jim W wrote:A friend of mine just called, he listed his home in Rancho d Oro 3 weeks ago, for $650 +/- and sold it yesterday for $620,000. Furniture was sold to buyer as a package between buyer and seller...no real estate comission on that portion. Very Happy

Buyers are members of Atlas CC, and live in GDL.

Was that a single Mexican man who bought it for his wife as a Birthday gift for next week? If it is, those people are my neighbors up the street.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:25 pm

dawg - Did you look up that house on MLS. It was listed with International Realty as Casa Duke at $ 649,000. MLS ID No. RA38CL297. It wasn't listed 3 weeks ago, but about 5 - 6 weeks ago. Constr. 5,068 sq ft. Lot 13,159 sq ft.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 pm

johninajijic wrote:Zed -

I don't clean my filters. Our water is good enough that I change my filters once a year. I don't believe, at least for us that it's any more necessary than that.

It is best to change the filters every six months as to eliminate the possibility of things growing on them. All the technical fact sheets I have seen strongly
suggest six month replacement especially if you don't have chlorine in the water. I replaced my paper and charcoal filters up north every six months. In lower
Ajijic I replace filters every 4 months due to the sand. If you have really clean water I would still inspect the filters every six months and look for anything on
them other than sand and dirt you normally see on them.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:07 pm

johninajijic wrote:Because you get garbage collection 6 days, and we don't you're in Ajijijc!!! NOT!!! We're in a condo Community, they don't have to give us garbage collection, but we get it 4 days a week. What do you think we do with it, throw that filthy stuff on the street corner like in the Village, like you do? City water, so what, that crap that comes from the lake with all that sand that clogs your filters. We have a dedicated well over 300 feet in the ground, better water than you get with NO sand.

I said, look at the map NUMBNUTS. Obviously you didn't and get out and drive thru WEST Ajijic uop to SJC to see what's included in Ajijic. That's like saying Zapopan is not in GDL. WAKEUP!!!

Yell and scream all you want John, you're still wrong. You don't get full garbage service because you're not in Ajijic. That's also why you had to drill your own well. BTW, Zapopan is a completely separate city, it's not IN Guadalajara, it's a neighbor city.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Zed - Of course, they all say that to get you to spend more money. We have never gotten sick from drinking tap water here. One of us drinks it daily. I drink it once a week to take one pill that I must take with water only. We never got sick even when we didn't know our tube was out and neither did our neighbors.

David - I will give you the correct answer on Zapopan tomorrow when I ask my Physical Therapist, but I'm quite sure I am correct.

The reason we had to drill our own well is because Chapala is too cheap to run the water lines out here. Do you know how rusted and corroded your water lines are after 200 years.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:31 pm

John:

Don't you think it might be time that admit you are just like the rest of us and are not right 100% of the time?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:37 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

Don't you think it might be time that admit you are just like the rest of us and are not right 100% of the time?

And do you think it might be time to admit that you know nothing about Ajijic or how it operates.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:40 pm

johninajijic wrote:
Jim W wrote:A friend of mine just called, he listed his home in Rancho d Oro 3 weeks ago, for $650 +/- and sold it yesterday for $620,000. Furniture was sold to buyer as a package between buyer and seller...no real estate comission on that portion. Very Happy

Was that a single Mexican man who bought it for his wife as a Birthday gift for next week? If it is, those people are my neighbors up the street.
John if he's a single mexican man he probably does'nt have a wife.650k birthday gift?sounds like you might have"El Chapo" for a neighbor,god knows how that will affect your sale,I'm still offering 260k cash money and my time share.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:41 pm

If that's true then you have something in common with CG! They didn't run a water line because you don't live in Ajijic. You can just google Zapopan and visit the website of their government.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:46 pm

johninajijic wrote:Zed - Of course, they all say that to get you to spend more money. We have never gotten sick from drinking tap water here. One of us drinks it daily. I drink it once a week to take one pill that I must take with water only. We never got sick even when we didn't know our tube was out and neither did our neighbors.

David - I will give you the correct answer on Zapopan tomorrow when I ask my Physical Therapist, but I'm quite sure I am correct.

The reason we had to drill our own well is because Chapala is too cheap to run the water lines out here. Do you know how rusted and corroded your water lines are after 200 years.
Are you saying you only drink water once a week?How strange.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:55 pm

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote:Zed - Of course, they all say that to get you to spend more money. We have never gotten sick from drinking tap water here. One of us drinks it daily. I drink it once a week to take one pill that I must take with water only. We never got sick even when we didn't know our tube was out and neither did our neighbors.

Are you saying you only drink water once a week?How strange.

Stranger yet is a 200 year old water system with iron pipe.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm thinking maybe the plomeros-fontaneros used lead pipes in Johns gated community which might account for some of his off the wall posts.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:52 am

The water system in our part of Ajijic is plastic pipe. The problem with water contamination here arises maiinly because pipes weren't installed properly and they leak. When the water is shut off, they leak in reverse. Plus you have these aljibes as another source of contamination.

The water that goes into the distribution system is clean and good quality. What comes out the other end may not be so. If a relatively new fracc has its own system and that was put in properly and kept under pressure and disinfection, you should not worry about drinking it directly from the tap.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 am

Mainecoons wrote:The water system in our part of Ajijic is plastic pipe. The problem with water contamination here arises maiinly because pipes weren't installed properly and they leak. When the water is shut off, they leak in reverse. Plus you have these aljibes as another source of contamination.

The water that goes into the distribution system is clean and good quality. What comes out the other end may not be so. If a relatively new fracc has its own system and that was put in properly and kept under pressure and disinfection, you should not worry about drinking it directly from the tap.

To be honest I don't smell much chlorine other when they are flushing the system out. Filters and UV light are a must and unkept filters or old UV lightbulbs can
be worse than no filters if stuff starts to grow on them or the bulb is dim and not effective. Replace filters every six months and UV lightbulbs every year. Actually
we should invent a device that will shut off the water if the power goes out. When power is on a spring is compressed and water will flow, power goes off spring
closes valve and no flow. I wonder how many people trust systems that contaminate the pipes if the power goes out or the bulb goes out or is too dim to be
effective. Any body know of such a device for sale in Mexico?? Sure would make things safer. I know valves like this are common NOB in industry.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am

Zed, I'd suggest you contact someone like H2Ole. They put our system in well over a year ago. It's a whole house system and after if was installed, the seemingly endless parade of digestive system problems came to an end.
We had been using the bottled water garafons.
They can give the straight goods on water systems. If you do contact them, ask for "Tio Bob".<h2ole52@yahoo.com>

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:14 am

viajero wrote:-Are you saying you only drink water once a week?How strange.

“He said he was thirsty, not dirty.” Ha Ha Ha Beer

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:28 am

If you add a light sensor to the device it would shut off the valve and having
both power and light sensing would cover 99.9% of problems. If I was adding
a system to the house I would use two bulbs in series, two power supplies
and AC supply with battery backup. If the battery went dead or low voltage
the valve would just close.

Voila no daily maintenance!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 pm

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

John if he's a single mexican man he probably does'nt have a wife.650k birthday gift?sounds like you might have"El Chapo" for a neighbor,god knows how that will affect your sale,I'm still offering 260k cash money and my time share.
Chris

You guys are too funny....who really gives a rip....when it sells ...done deal.....Life is a shit sandwich.....more bread you got the less you eat!!!!!!!! Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 am

At least in the states, the Mafia neighborhoods are the safest ones around.

We already know there is narco money and narcos owning big houses here. Not noteworthy.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Mainecoons wrote:At least in the states, the Mafia neighborhoods are the safest ones around.

We already know there is narco money and narcos owning big houses here. Not noteworthy.

When I was young living in the SW corner of Lake Ontario I lived in a town called Oswego known for lake
effect snow and being very catholic. Full of polish, italian, and irish. We lived near a Mafiosa member.
Everybody knew...no one stole in the neighborhood and everybody got along. Use to talk to him as a
kid. Now just talking to a Mafiosa member can get you arrested in USA for conspiracy which is impossible
to prove or disprove.

In Vegas when the mob ran things nobody did bad things like killing each other. That was for out of town.
In Vegas a truce was always going. It would be nice if the narcos would let lakeside be a truce area. It
sure worked well for Vegas. Mainecoon is right on. Nothing was ever stolen from our neighborhood and if
it was it came back with an apology.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 pm

You guys are right,no little old ladies ever got mugged in Little Italy,John this could be a selling point, but if you hear the helicopters overhead take cover,it could be the army coming for your neighbor.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:59 pm

'zactly. I keep hoping a big narco will buy the big expensive house two doors down from me. Not only will we be crime free but if the local "restaurant" turned nightclub annoys them, it will shortly become a black hole.

Beer
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Mainecoons wrote:'zactly. I keep hoping a big narco will buy the big expensive house two doors down from me. Not only will we be crime free but if the local "restaurant" turned nightclub annoys them, it will shortly become a black hole.

Beer

Times they r a chang'n..... and these assholes aren't " little Italy "

After chasing The Zetas away from a neighboring home last year... Federalies cleared the house of a Cache of Automatic Rifles as well as Cases of Grenades ( a few of which were popped off in the neighborhood )

U want em... U can have em.... just don't kid yourself about who and what they are....

I'd rather have Susan for a neighbour....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next