INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Score

+7
johninajijic
simpsca
Zedinmexico
David
Fig
Mainecoons
CanuckBob
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Score - Page 2 Empty Re: The Score

Post by Mainecoons Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 am

No Dawg, I asked an honest question about visiting Havana, since I know some who have been there and were not impressed. The answer given is that the historic areas were of primary interest, which makes sense. I doubt the beaches in Cuba are a whole lot different than those on the Mexican Mayan Riviera.

You aren't the only one who has traveled extensively. I'm surprised that anyone would have misinterpreted my teasing CB about Vancouver as ignorance about the place.

Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:13 am

Mainecoons wrote:No Dawg, I asked an honest question about visiting Havana, since I know some who have been there and were not impressed. The answer given is that the historic areas were of primary interest, which makes sense. I doubt the beaches in Cuba are a whole lot different than those on the Mexican Mayan Riviera.

You aren't the only one who has traveled extensively. I'm surprised that anyone would have misinterpreted my teasing CB about Vancouver as ignorance about the place.

WE are in agreement, MC and Dawg was not the poster who confused your Vancouver tease with ignorance about the place. No doubt, Vancouver and Havana are both overrated, three day towns and Dawg will take the deserted expansive, brown sand beaches and murky Pacific waters of Puerto Arista, Chiapas near our home down there over beaches in Quintana Roo or Cuba any day since Dawg´s doggies can run their little asses off there and that is, after all, what counts.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:18 am

Is the water still a little murky that far south? I would have thought it would be more clear there. Actually, there are places along the Mexican Riviera where the snorkeling is pretty good down to about 10 feet.

Those white sand beaches of the Mayan Riviera are pretty impressive though. They don't get near as hot during the day as the brown sand beaches do. We sure enjoyed our trip over there, just wish it was close enough to drive to for beach weeks.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 am

Well, actually, MC, perhaps Dawg overstated the "murkiness" of the Pacific along the stretch we frequent when down there which extends from the Tapachula area in Chiapas next to the border with Guatemala northwest to about Puerto Escondido in Oaxaca State and includes some beautiful clear water areas such as Huatulco but also includes countless expanses of magnificent beaches pounded by the wild Pacific where the waters are rendered turgid by the almost constantly violent surf unlike much of the Caribbean in Quintana Roo which is normaly calmer with spectacular diving opportunities as you know. What we like about living where we do in Southern Mexico is the fact that we can choose among the Pacific, the Caribbean or the Gulf of Mexico along the Yucatan peninsula , all very different beach experiences and all within a relatively easy drive from our home down there. Here at Lake Chapala,only the Pacific makes real sense for driving over for beach weeks although there are great Pacific beach destinations near Lake Chapala as well as you know.

The funky area of Puerto Arista comes out ahead for us in the south because of its huge deserted beach and the fact that it is easily reached over great expressways in less than three hours from our home down there. By contrast, the Caribbean beaches around Xcalak and Majahual and the Gulf beaches north of Merida are full day drives from our home in San Cristóbal but also loads of fun with great interim destinations on the way and far different beach experiences once one has arrived.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2