INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is CanuckBob still lounging in the sun in PV?

+6
Mainecoons
sparks
viajero
CanuckBob
Solovino
johninajijic
10 posters

Go down

Is CanuckBob still lounging in the sun in PV? Empty Is CanuckBob still lounging in the sun in PV?

Post by johninajijic Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Is CB still lounging in the sun in PV?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Is CanuckBob still lounging in the sun in PV? Empty Re: Is CanuckBob still lounging in the sun in PV?

Post by Solovino Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:45 pm

No. He came back. There were no hotel rooms available because of spring break so he couldn't find a place to stay.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is CanuckBob still lounging in the sun in PV? Empty Re: Is CanuckBob still lounging in the sun in PV?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Hahahaha........nice one Solo. As we all know I pretty much had the run of PV. Anywho, I am back in God's country here at the beautiful Chapala Lago. It was a very nice drive to PV and back. Bang on 5 hours each way. I discovered that I would rather be a resident of Mexico rather than a tourist. I hate getting chased around by the vendors. It was interesting to see how quickly they leave you alone when you tell them you live in Guadalajara. It's like they have an instant respect and start talking like I am a fellow Mexican and not an easy mark. I took the 15D, 68 & 200 route but next time I am going to do the cross country route via Ameca, Mascota, etc. I understand it is far more scenic. Man, I love this country....

flag waver

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:47 pm

CB you could pass for what's known here in Jalisco as a "guero del rancho" from the northern part of the state, at least until you started speaking,quickest and politist way to deal with unwanted vendors is just to say "ahorita no,gracias".I like the Mascota Ameca route it's a little more scenic and no tolls.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm

... and almost no traffic

Try Melaque/Barra next time Bob ... it's a little closer
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:23 pm

And Bob, if you go to Melaque/Barra on Sundays, you can drive straight down old 80 for a very scenic ride and the time is about the same when you figure in how far out of the way the cuota takes you, plus you have to contend with much construction on the cuota.

Probably not a good road to drive during the week but on Sunday it was a delight.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:05 pm

sparks wrote:... and almost no traffic

Try Melaque/Barra next time Bob ... it's a little closer

Yeah, that's right sparks. You mislead him. The road TOTALLY SUCKS all the way. Don't pay attention CB.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:58 pm

And when was the last time you personally drove the route, John?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:And when was the last time you personally drove the route, John?

We went to Manzanillo that way.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 pm

johninajijic wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:And when was the last time you personally drove the route, John?

We went to Manzanillo that way.

On the toll road?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 pm

The Ameca road goes to PV. I'm refering to Mex 80 that goes through Autlan, then to La Huerta and from there directly to Melaque/Barra. Very scenic and be prepared for some seriously twisty mountain driving in a few sections. I would only recommend it on Sundays when traffic is a great deal lighter but I drove it last Fall and the pavement was mostly good and not much trafic.

BTW, we stopped for lunch in Autlan and were rewarded with a very nice meal and experience. Neat town!

John, you're confusing the Melaque road with the PV road.

Last edited by Mainecoons on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:01 pm

John lives in a state of confusion.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm

"We went to Manzanillo that way."

You are dodging a direct question. Did you personally drive?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Both highway 80 and 54 thru Colima take a little over 4 hours. Both have their drawbacks. The quota ... people that have to drive at 100mph and the bridge construction as you drop down to Colima. Highway 80 ... because it's two lanes, up and down and lots of curves. They are both pretty and worth doing. Just don't do either when people are headed to the beach or coming back .... and forget Semana Santa
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:51 pm

sparks wrote:Both highway 80 and 54 thru Colima take a little over 4 hours. Both have their drawbacks. The quota ... people that have to drive at 100mph and the bridge construction as you drop down to Colima. Highway 80 ... because it's two lanes, up and down and lots of curves. They are both pretty and worth doing. Just don't do either when people are headed to the beach or coming back .... and forget Semana Santa

The bridge construction near Atenquique is finished. They are widening quite a few sections and the work is starting to move along nicely. Don't pay attention to johnny boy CB. The toll road is in good shape.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:54 pm

... Just got back from 3 weeks in Melaque. Took 80 home to Jocotepec & it was a DREAM...Sunday, so little traffic, + save over $300 pesos in tolls.

I Agree with Sparks...Melaque & the whole Costa Legra area is the place to go..PV is for fly-in gringo tourists of which you aint one no mo.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Well I love Puerto Vallarta and do not care for Melaque, to each its own taste.

Brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

And besides, there's a Baskin Robbins in PV.
Pralines and cream.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:01 pm

Thankfully, we all have different tastes, priorities and likes! Otherwise we all might end up in the very same vacation spot.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:56 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:... Just got back from 3 weeks in Melaque. Took 80 home to Jocotepec & it was a DREAM...Sunday, so little traffic, + save over $300 pesos in tolls.

I Agree with Sparks...Melaque & the whole Costa Legra area is the place to go..PV is for fly-in gringo tourists of which you aint one no mo.

Jajaja.....the only reason I was in PV was to pick up mi esposa from the airport and bring her back to gods country, here at the lake. Normally we wouldn't hang there. I am however going to go to Manzanillo in a few weeks for a little fishing. Got to fill up the frreezer.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 am

[Jajaja.....the only reason I was in PV was to pick up mi esposa from the airport and bring her back to gods country, here at the lake. Normally we wouldn't hang there. I am however going to go to Manzanillo in a few weeks for a little fishing. Got to fill up the frreezer.........[/quote]

Drop of some marlin on your way home.... I do a killer smoked fish.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down